Chapter 7: Unexpected gift

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

The time has come for Yuri and Jonghyun to get together since it's Mina's birthday. She can't stay out of her bestfriend's birthday just because of Jonghyun.
 
"Wow Key, thanks!", said Mina as she opened their gifts.
 
"You're welcome", said Key glad that Mina liked his gift. Minho fave Mina perfume, Onew gave her a book, Yuri's gift was a pink sweater.
 
"Aw... my favorite color. Thanks Yuri", Mina gave Yuri a hug. Then all of them turned to Jonghyun.
 
"Oh, my gift? Of course I have one. I'm sure you'll like it but I didn't wrap it", Jonghyun reached inside his pocket. "Wait, here it is"."
 
He pulled out a . A strawberry-flavored .
 
Onew coughed on his drink.
 
Key can't help laughing.
 
Minho just looked at a very angry Taemin.
 
Yuri wanted to smack Jonghyun's head.
 
"HYUNG! ARE YOU CRAZY!", Taemin yelled and stood up but before he can get near Jonghyun he pulled out the tickets.
 
"Sorry, that's not it Mina. Sorry about that." He handed Mina the tickets. "That's for a play. I'm sure you'll like it."
 
"Erm... thanks Jonghyun".
 
Yuri helped Mina in cleaning the table and the kitchen while the guys were left in the living room.
 
"I thought you're really giving her condoms", said Key still laughing and Taemin glared at him.
 
Jonghyun gave nervous laugh. "It was an accident."
 
"I'm glad Yuri came", said Taemin changing the topic. "I was afraid she won't be here."
 
"She wouldn't miss Mina's birthday", said Minho. "You know they're like sisters already."
 
"True, that's why Jonghyun here should be nice to Yuri", said Key. "I was surprise she did not beat you up."
 
"Why would she? I knew she liked the kiss", said Jonghyun smirking. "Sorry guys but I need to go. I just need to say goodbye to the birthday girl." He went to the kitchen where Mina and Yuri were.
 
"I wanted to smack Jonghyun's head when he pulled out that !", Yuri said not knowing that Jonghyun is just there at the corner listening.
 
"He didn't mean it", Mina said.
 
"Why do you hate him Yuri?", asked Mina.
 
"I don't hate him. I just don't like him and believe me Mina the feeling is mutual", said Yuri. "I know he does not like me. Anyway, what did Taemin give you?"
 
"Nothing yet, we'll have dinner later just the two of us", said Mina with a smile on her face.
 
Jonghyun decided to interrupt them at that time. "Hey Mina."
 
"Oh, Jonghyun. Need anything?", asked Mina.
 
"No, I'm here to tell you I need to go. I have things to do. Thanks for inviting me", said Jonghyun.
 
"Thanks for your gift", Mina said and both of them chuckled.
 
"I'll go then", Jonghyun said and left them.
 
"See, he's nice", Mina said once Jonghyun was gone.
 
"Nice to you, but not to me", answered Yuri.
 
 
THE FOLLOWING WEEK...
 
Yuri was getting her books from her locker she saw Jonghyun just a couple a feet away making out with a girl. "They should just get a room", Yuri mumbled. Then someone bumped her from behind causing her books to fall.
 
"Oops sorry", the guy said and left with his friends not even helping her.
 
"", said Yuri as she tries to pick her things.
 
"You know her?", the girl asked Jonghyun since Jonghyun had stopped kissing her to look over the commotion. Jonghyun just stopped Yuri already got up and started walking away. He then saw something lying on the floor. He got closer to it and saw that it was a black rectangular wallet. Yuri's name is on it.
 
"Oppa, what's that?", the girl asked grabbing Jonghyun's arm. 
 
"Nothing. Listen I need to go. I'll call you", Jonghyun said as he left running.
 
"Wait! You don't even have my number!", the girl shouted but Jonghyun was too far away.
 
Jonghyun followed Yuri, it was already time to go home but he did not use his car instead he walked a couple of steps behind Yuri. He was tempted to open the wallet but did not dare do it for some reason. Yuri went inside a convenience store and Jonghyun followed her. He watch her pick some goods, most are toiletries. It only took her a few minutes before she lined up for the cashier.
 
Jonghyun wondered how Yuri could carry all those books, her bag and basket. Yuri reached for her wallet in her bag, panic can be seen on Yuri's face when she realized it was missing.
 
"I'm sorry Miss, give me a moment", Yuri said as she tried to rummage her bag.
 
"Tsk, tsk, tsk", said Jonghyun from behind her. "Got no money pest?"
 
Yuri knew his voice already and shot him an angry face. "Everyone's waiting here." 3 other customers are waiting for her to finish.
 
"Wait, I know my wallet is in here", said Yuri.
 
"Here", Jonghyun handed her some cash.
 
"I don't need your money", Yuri said harshly.
 
"Are you sure?", Jonghyun asked looking thru the things she was about to pay for. "I think those are important", he said eyeing the sanitary napkin and Yuri can't help but turn pink.
 
"You two know each other?", asked the cashier.
 
"No", came from Yuri.
 
"Yes!", Jonghyun said at the same time.
 
"Let your boyfriend pay for it", said te old lady behind Jonghyun.
 
"Yes let him pay so we can all go", said the guy at the end of the queue.
 
"He's not my boyfriend", Yuri said.
 
"It doesn't matter just let him pay", said the guy. The others started complaining as well.
 
Jonghyun gave the cashier the money and both of them hastily went out of the store. 
 
"YAH! What was that for?!", Yuri rounded at Jonghyun.
 
"Why are you angry at me? You should be thanking me instead", said Jonghyun. "Here take this."
 
Yuri just stared at the bag where all the things she wanted to buy is but she can't take it since Jonghyun paid for it.
 
"Didn't you hear me?", Jonghyun said. "Take this. I know you need them." Yuri looked at him then at the bag. "I know you don't have your wallet."
 
"What?!"
 
"You don't have your wallet with you", said Jonghyun. "I saw you drop it at school."
 
"YAH! Why didn't you tell me earlier!!!", Yuri turned to leave him but Jonghyun pulled her hair.
 
"Get this first and you'll get your wallet back", said Jonghyun.
 
"YAH! Let go of my hair you dino head!", yelled Yuri and Jonghyun did.
 
"Here get this", Jonghyun said and Yuri took the plastic bag from him.
 
"Why do you have my wallet?"
 
"I told you, you dropped it earlier dummy", answered Jonghyun.
 
"Well give it me then so I can pay you", said Yuri.
 
"Only if you promise to eat lunch with Mina even if I'm there."
 
"What's that got to do with my wallet?"
 
"Promise me and you'll get you wallet back."
 
Yuri is so tired with everything she's carrying and annoyed with Jonghyun. "Okay, I promise. Satisfied?"
 
"Not really", said Jonghyun. "Say 'please give me my wallet back Jonghyun oppa'."
 
"Wh... what?!?", Yuri yelled again so annoyed she wanted to throw the bag at Jonghyun.
 
"You heard me say it", Jonghyun said enjoying teasing Yuri.
 
"I'm really gonna get you for this", said Yuri.
 
"Say it before I change my mind", Jonghyun made a move to open her wallet.
 
"No! Don't you dare open it or it'll be the last thing you'd do!", warned Yuri.
 
Jonghyun's brows shot up. "Really? What made you think I have not open it yet?"
 
"Please give me my wallet back Jonghyun oppa", said Yuri so suddenly that Jonghyun could not believe himself.
 
Yuri waited for him to give back her wallet.
 
"Say it one more time, a bit louder this time", said Jonghyun grinning.
 
"Please give me my wallet back Jonghyun oppa"
 
Jonghyun clapped his hands this time. "Good", he then took his cellphone. "Now repeat what you just did and look here." He wanted to film it!
 
"Yah are you nuts?", Yuri yelled so loud causing some passers-by to stop and look at them.
 
"Do you want your wallet or not?", asked Jonghyun even waving the wallet high up his head.
 
Yuri took a deep breath first before saying "Please give me my wallet back Jonghyun oppa"
 
"Good pest", Jonghyun said satisfied he then saved the video.
 
"Yah my wallet!", Yuri yelled again.
 
"Relax you're like a walking megaphone or something. I'm not gonna steal anything from your filthy wallet. From the looks of it you have not changed wallet for a long time", Jonghyun said and threw the wallet at Yuri who was not able to catch it. "See you tomorrow at lunch time!"
 
________________________________________________________
 
update! ^^ RP football team just lost... T______T azkals....
 
hope u guys will leave comment and subscribe ^_____^
 
 
thanks for reading :) to those who had not read my first fic check it "because of a bet"
 
have a happy day!