Chapter 46

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

 
Onew and Jonghyun strangled Minho for what he did, the poor guy just sat there letting his hyungs do whatever to him.
 
"You made a mess here in the living room", Jonghyun said after attacking Minho. Onew is already cleaning his face inside the bathroom. "Yuri would kill us."
 
Taemin just watched Jonghyun clean while Key chased Minnie around the place. He wants to get closer to the puppy but it would not come to him.
 
"Hyung stop chasing it, don't you know dogs get stressed too?", Taemin shouted trying to cover up what he had just said. Sohyun has not really told him she like Minho but with the constant visit during practice and too much asking questions about Minho he knew something is up. He looked at his hyung and glad that he's now back to normal. Maybe he isn't that affected at all.
 
"Taemin are you only saying that 'cause you don't want Dongho for Sohyun or are you really sure that your sister likes Minho?", Jonghyun asked after putting everything in order.
 
Taemin just shrugged. Jonghyun should just let the matter rest now. Then there was a knock on the door. "They're back so early", Key said and opened the door only to reveal Sohyun and Dongho.
 
"Hi!", she greeted everyone and proceeded inside still smiling sweetly especially when her eyes landed on one guy. She frowned when she noticed that the guys are too quiet. "Uhm, anything wrong?"
 
"No of course not!", Key said immediately. Dongho also got inside and greeted the guys.
 
"Oh Taemin!", he said to his former teammates. "Minho", he added when he noticed him the other guy just nodded in greeting.
 
"Dongho said you were a team back in highschool", said Sohyun and sat next to Minho who had scooted a little farther away from her. Key noticed this and can't help but let out a chuckle.
 
"Good to see you", Taemin said keeping his cool but glad that his sister sat beside Minho. "Why are the two of you together?"
 
"I read your message late, you know that I always forget to check my phone", Sohyun started explaining. "I figured you'd want to see you're old teammate so I called Dongho to join here. Don't worry, Yuri knows."
 
Taemin just nodded while his sister explained things. She does not know their history so it's no use getting all annoyed at her. But still he does not like the idea of her hanging out with Dongho. It might be a little childish but he does not want him near his sister and of course his girlfriend.
 
 
SOHYUN'S POV
 
The guys seem tensed or something and Key was giving Minho the look but Minho just stayed quiet while the others talked. I knew something is strange but I just can't tell what. 
 
Thankfully Mina and Yuri arrived and I got an excuse to help them cook. 
 
Let the guys deal with themselves first.
 
When I stood up to leave them I glance back towards Minho and surprisingly he was looking at me too.
 
 
_
 
 
 
"Jonghyun is this really necessary?", Yuri asked for nth time while following Jonghyun around the boutique. She can only see expensive this and that but Jonghyun does not mind nor look at the price.
 
"This one would look good on you, come on try it on", he said to Yuri.
 
"But it's too expensive. It's like my whole school expenses for 1 year."
 
"No it's not. Just try it on", he insisted.Yuri had no choice but go to the fitting room. She knew why he is doing this. He wants her to look good when they meet up with his mom. He may not say it directly but she knows that he is worried somehow.
 
"Yah come out so I could see you", Jonghyun said after a while and Yuri obliged. The dress fits and it looks good on her but Jonghyun is not done yet. He picked out another 5 dresses for her and 5 pairs of shoes too and then came the bags. She did not argue with him anymore since he'd still win. But when they got inside a jewelry store that's a different thing.
 
"Jonghyun I'm not gonna wear that", she told him firmly.
 
"But baby this would look good on the black dress come on just try it", Jonghyun said.
 
"You already bought a lot, I can't let you buy those", she said and turned to leave him.
 
"But Yuri!"
 
"If you insist then I'll return everything you bought!", Yuri said now mad at Jonghyun. He knows she does not want these things but he still insisted on buying them but the jewelry is another matter.
 
"Okay, we won't buy it then", he said trying to calm her down. "Why don't we find a good restaurant I'm sure you're hungry too." Jonghyun pulled her close and linked their hands together.
 
Just two days to go before she finally meets his mom.
 
 
 
_
 
 
MINA'S POV
 
 
I got to admit seeing Sohyun so hyper when talking about Minho kinda reminded me of myself back then when I was still daydreaming of Taemin. She begged me to come to the guys practice which was no need since I'm going anyways. Taemin still can't play but wanted to be there and watch them too.
 
"Do you think Key would have told him about me having his picture on my phone?", Sohyun asked while we both walk towards the school gym.
 
"Of course not, Key might be a little playful but he won't tell secrets to anyone", I assured her.
 
"Well you're right", Sohyun said. "I just don't want him to know that way. I mean Minho is kinda different, he's quiet and I think he won't like girls who openly show affection to him. Don't you think so?"
 
"He's nice to his fan girls but don't bother much with them, he never dated as far as I know but -"
 
"Wae? You think he likes someone?"
 
"I'm not sure we're not really that close but Taemin is. Ask you brother", I told her.
 
"I can't. I think he's getting too suspicious lately. I don't know if it's wise to ask him these things."
 
We both arrived at the gym and to my surprise Dongho was also there chatting with some of the players and their coach. When he saw us he greeted us warmly before Taemin or Minho ever noticed us. Both were busy discussing something.
 
Dongho said the coach is his uncle so he came to watch them practice. He missed playing with Minho and Taemin a lot. Sohyun and him fell into a conversation and I left them to go to Taemin who had already motioned for me to come over.
 
I sat beside him and he gave me peck on my lips. But his eyes immediately returned to Sohyun and Dongho.
 
"Why is she staying with him?", Taemin asked me indicating Sohyun with Dongho.
 
"They're just chatting, hi Minho", I greeted the quiet guy beside my boyfriend. And he smiled at me.
 
"You two seem to be seriously talking earlier", I said.
 
"Oh we were just discussing something", Taemin said but did not elaborate. Maybe it's a thing between guys so I did not ask him for more information.
 
The coach called all the players for the practice game to start and Taemin was left sitting next to me and to my surprise Dongho also joined the game.
 
"Why is he playing too?"
 
"He'll be practicing in my place", Taemin said.
 
"Wae?"
 
"Just for fun, beside it's just a practice game", he replied. "Come closer." He pulled me closer and place his arm around my waist. Then Sohyun came with bottles of water and some energy drink. 
 
"You two can be lovey-dovey over there but please don't overdo it 'cause I can only take this much", she joked and sat beside Taemin. 
 
We watch the guys play and it was like a watching a real game 'cause the guys were totally into it. Or I'd rather say two guys are playing too hard to win. Dongho and Minho are on opposite teams and both are the main scorers of their previous teams but have different positons. Dongho as the point guard and Minho as the center. 
 
I look at Taemin and he had this amuse look on his face.
 
"Wae?"
 
"Nothing."
 
But I know something is cooking inside his head.
 
 
 
 
_
 
 
 
UPDATED! Whew! Now I'm hungry :)
 
Do you think Taemin is planning something?
 
Tsk... tsk... tsk....
 
Thanks for leaving comments on my previous update... I won't be able to reply to everyone 'cause right now my dinner and husband Changmin is waiting *see how hungry i am? being delusional here LOL*
 
Next update would be Yuri meeting Jonghyun's mom!!!!!!!
 
 
Wish her luck guys :)
 
 
Have a good weekend my dear friends....