Chapter 30

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

It was their third day practicing. Yuri had memorized her lines even Kikwang's lines but the other keeps on forgetting his lines which causes delay on the practice.
 
"Okey lets have a break for 30 minutes", their director said. Yuri was so thirsty she was about to get some drinks when someone grabbed her arm. 
 
"What?"
 
"Here. I know you're tired", Kikwang said handing her an energy drink. "Come on it's your favorite." 
 
It surprised her that he remembered that. Yuri still didn't take it so Kikwang shoved it in her hands. "It would be more tiring if you buy, just take this."
 
"I'm tired because of you. You keep on forgetting your lines everyone here works so hard except you", Yuri snapped.
 
"Aish don't say that", Kikwang said not minding Yuri's glares. "I forgot how pretty your eyes are."
 
"Psh... are you kidding me?", Yuri said. "Stop hitting on me it won't work."
 
"Come on Yuri, let's be friends. What harm can it do?", Kikwang said. "And why aren't you drinking that?"
 
Yuri was really thirsty so she opened the bottle only to have it snatched from her. "YAH!"
 
"Don't drink that!", Jonghyun said taking the bottle from her.
 
"Jonghyun?", Yuri was surprised to see him. He told Yuri he didn't want to go to their practice because he didn't want to see Kikwang and her together for whatever reason.
 
Jonghyun glared at Kikwang who just look at him casually with a grin on his face which annoyed Jonghyun more.
 
"Kim Jonghyun", Kikwang said.
 
"Come on Yuri", Jonghyun pulled her away from Kikwang though he was angry his hand remained gentle on her.
 
"Why are you here?", Yuri asked once Jonghyun had stopped dragging her.
 
"I wanted to see you", Jonghyun said smiling at her. 
 
"Yah, you like me that much", Yuri teased.
 
Jonghyun just smiled. "I know you miss me too." He took something from his bag. "Here have some drink."
 
"Thanks", Yuri said and gulped down half of the drink, she was really thirsty.
 
"Where's Mina?", Jonghyun asked looking around for her friend.
 
"She's backstage", Yuri answered. "Did Taemin asked you to go here?"
 
"No, not really but I know he wanted to ask me to", Jonghyun said.
 
"I've talked to her but she wouldn't listen", Yuri said.
 
"I don't understand Mina, everyone can see Taemin loves her - "
 
"Yah, she has her reasons you know", Yuri defended her friend.
 
"And Taemin has his reasos too but the problem is she wouldn't talk to him", Jonghyun reasoned.
 
"This should not have happened if Taemin was honest at the first place", Yuri retorted.
 
"So you're saying it's Taemin's fault?", Jonghyun asked raising his brows.
 
"Well partly yes, it all started when he lied to her", Yuri answered.
 
Jonghyun didn't say anything about it. "Let's stop talking about them."
 
"Why? We have to help them", Yuri said.
 
"I know, so let's not fight over who's fault it is. We have to focus to bring them together. Mina's avoiding Taemin."
 
"You can't really blame her..."
 
"I'm not, but she can't do this forever."
 
Their director called everyone and Yuri had to say goodbye to Jonghyun. He decided to wait for her. He sat a couple of rows from the stage. They're doing the scene where Snow White eats the apple. Jonghyun was actually enjoying himself watching Yuri act so girly but then the next scene was about to happen. It was the scene where the prince would kiss Snow White. He saw Kikwang enjoying himself, he kept on glancing at Jonghyun making him more furious. They didn't really kiss but Jonghyun knows Kikwang was planning something.
_________________________
 
 
Jonghyun waited for Mina and Yuri outside the campus. He's on his car and he saw Taemin and Sohyun talking and walking together. They didn't notice him.
 
"Hey Jonghyun! Thanks for waiting", Mina said as she and Yuri approached him.
 
"No problem, let's go", Jonghyun said right away trying to get them to hurry. Yuri got into the car right away. "Come on Mina."
 
Mina had opened the car door in the backseat but stopped short, Jonghyun knew she had noticed Taemin and Sohyun.
 
"Mina what's wrong?", Yuri asked looking at her bestfriend then finally noticed Taemin and Sohyun. It took Mina a couple of seconds before she got into Jonghyun's car.
 
"Let's go", she said calmly. Yuri touched Jonghyun's arm and he started the car. They even passed by Taemin and Sohyun.
 
__________________________
 
The next day Taemin waited for Mina outside her house. He knows she wouldn't talk to him at school and keeps giving excuses not to answer his calls. So he went to her house early. "Hey, good morning", he greeted Mina who just looked at him. She didn't even get enough sleep thinking of him. "Let me carry those for you", he took Mina's books from her.
 
They walked in silence, Taemin didn't bring his car. He wanted to be with Mina longer. They waited for the bus, and was thankful they had vacant seats.
 
"Uhm, I'd wait for you after your class later. Let's eat lunch together", Taemin said trying to get Mina to talk.
 
"I can't, we only have two days left for practice. I need to check the costumes and help on the props too", Mina declined.
 
"But you still need to eat lunch", Taemin said. "I can go to your -"
 
"I'll eat lunch while I'm at the school theater with the others", Mina answered. They didn't talk until they reach the school. Taemin walked her to her first class.
 
"Mina...", he called her before she can get inside the classroom. She didn't even turn to look at him. "How long are you gonna ignore me?"
 
The bell rings and Mina and Taemin were left standing in the corridor. She kept her back at him even if she really wanted to face him. She wanted to take all those words she said and just tell him everything's okay with her but somehow she couldn't find the right words. 
 
"I don't know...", Mina answered and went inside the classroom.
 
____________________________
 
 
 
 
Another not so good day for Tae-Mina couple ^^ but it's good that Yuri and Jonghyun are still there to help them...
 
 
It's really hard to talk about "TRUST" in a relationship especially when there's a third party involved...
 
you guys are such great susbcribers and readers ^^ i love u !!!! ♥
 
keep the comments coming !! happy day everyone!