Chapter 24: GIRL TALK

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

"Something's bothering you", Yuri said as she and Mina went thru the mall shopping.
 
"Me? You're the one who looks bothered", said Mina. "Don't you think I haven't noticed you sulking and get irritated without a reason for days now?"
 
Yuri let out a sigh. "Nothing's wrong with me."
 
"Really? Come on Yuri I'm not your bestfriend for nothing", Mina said. "Is it about Jonghyun?"
 
"Yah, why are you mentioning that dinohead's name?", Yuri said.
 
"See, it's really about him."
 
"No it's not about Jonghyun. Maybe you're just hungry", she said to Mina. "Come on let's eat."
 
They ordered a lot of food. "See? Something's really bothering you. You tend to eat a lot when you're not fine."
 
"Okay you win. I'd tell you all if you promise to share what's bothering you", Yuri said at last.
 
Mina thought of it for a while before she agreed. "Fine. Go on!" Yuri then told her everything that happened with Jonghyun and her. "Bwoh? He confessed to you?", Mina said getting excited. "What did you tell him? You've liked him for a long time."
 
"I told him to get lost", Yuri said making an annoyed face. "Then I slapped him.'
 
"Bwoh? But Yuri - "
 
"I don't think he's serious", Yuri said cutting Mina off.
 
"What made you say that? I haven't seen Jonghyun follow a girl for a long time. Since we'd known him he'd been changing girls like he's changing clothes. And he's changed a lot too. Don't you want to at least give him a chance? To give the two of you a chance."
 
"To be completely honest I was happy when he said he liked  me and I wanted to test him - " It was Mina's turn to cut her off.
 
"So you wanted to make him wait just like what you did for him?" Yuri did not answer.
 
"I only wanted to test him Mina, what if he's just playing with me? And he was al sure that I like him too!"
 
"Of course you like him! But what if he's serious?", Mina asked back.
 
"Don't you think I've thought of that already? And look what he's doing now. He's ignoring me", Yuri finished sadly. "Now it's you're turn. What's wrong with you and Taemin? And don't say that you're okay."
 
"Well it's... nothing serious...really. He's just too busy with basketball and study... and - "
 
"And Sohyun?"
 
Mina did not answer. "You're jealous of her?" Yuri watched as Mina's face looked even sadder.
 
"They're always together... Taemin's almost have the same classes as her since they have the same major and they're even partners for their big project. She seems so close to him and they've only known each other for a short time."
 
"So? Don't you trust Taemin?"
 
"Of course I do... but you can't blame me, there are a lot of girls who like him not just her. Sohyun's pretty and smart. She's always dressed like a model."
 
"So? Taemin loves you!"
 
"I don't trust Sohyun", Mina said after a while then sighed.
 
"Neh... I know what you mean. She's just too pretty."
 
"SEE! And Taemin spends a lof of time with her, sometimes he even forgets our dates! She also calls him a lot! I just hope their project would end soon."
 
"Don't worry I'm sure Taemin really loves you", Yuri said assuring Mina. After eating they went out looking for new shoes.
 
"Does Taemin have practice today?", Yuri asked all of a sudden they were inside a shop now.
 
"Yes, he said he's busy. He hasn't even called me", Mina wanted to buy Taemin a new pair of basketball shoes. "Do you think he'll like this?", she asked Yuri holding out the pair of shoes for Yuri to inspect.
 
"I think that's more like Key's style... What about this one?", Yuri asked.
 
They spent more time choosing Taemin's shoes. "Let's buy some drink, I'm thirsty", Yuri said.
 
"Okay, I want ice cream too!", said Mina. She was already thinking of what flavor to eat when she bumped into Yuri who suddenly stopped walking. "What's wrong?"
 
"Uhm nothing, I forgot I need a pair of shoes as well", answered Yuri almost dragging Mina inside the store.
 
"WAIT - ", Mina said but Yuri was pulling her. "Hey I think I saw Sohyun." She got out of Yuri's hold and ran out of the store. "Come on, look she's with someone!"
 
"Hey Mina, let's just go inside - "
 
Mina's face completely lost it's color when she realized who was with Sohyun. "H-he told me he h-has practice..." Yuri gave up on trying to to bring her back inside the store. "He said he was busy..."
 
Yuri scratch the back of her head. "Maybe practice is over..,"
 
"I even asked him to meet me after practice but he said he can't cause he has something to do."
 
"Uhm... Mina come on", Yuri almost drag Mina away since their blocking the entrance. She thought Mina would confront Taemin but was glad that she followed her.
 
"Maybe something came up - "
 
"He lied to me", Mina said as tears already started to fall.
 
"Practice may have ended early", Yuri said. "Plus he told you he'd be busy - "
 
"He's with her! And I saw them having fun."
 
"You don't exactly know why they're together. Maybe it's for their project or something..."
 
"I'm sorry Yuri but I want to go home now", Mina said with a sniff. 
 
"It's okay", Yuri said comforthing her. "Come on stop crying, talk to him later."
 
"I can't exactly do that. He'll think I'm following him or something", Mina controlled herself and stopped crying eventually since people are starting to stare. They made their way out of the mall and took the bus. 
 
Mina can't believe that Taemin would do something as this. Why wouldn't he tell her he'd be with Sohyun. They'd been acting weird lately and Sohyun even goes to their practice. Why would he keep it from her?
 
 
____________________
 
 
 
It was lunch time the next day when they saw each other again. Yuri was already at the cantee when Taemin and Sohyun arrived, then Minho came with Mina. Taemin stood up when he saw his girlfriend and gave her a peck on the cheek.
 
"Hey are you okay?", Taemin asked since Mina didn't look too well. "I've tried calling you yesterday but you're phone's off. I called at your house and your mom said you're still not home."
 
Mina did not meet his eyes instead took a sip of water before answering. "My phone died and I was with Yuri the whole time."
 
"Oh, you should have called me to fetch you", Taemin said relieved that Mina talked to him. He can tell something's wrong.
 
"You two still have things to do?", said Mina referring to Taemin and Sohyun.
 
"Nah, we're thru for the day. Sohyun just wanted to eat lunch with us", Taemin said. "Do you want to watch a movie later? We don't have practice."
 
"Watch a movie? I'm in!", someone shouted and all turned to find Key and Jonghyun.
 
"Yah! It's only Taemin and Mina", said Yuri knowing too well Key would insist on joining them.
 
"But it's fun if all of us would go!", said Key. "Come on guys I need some company."
 
Taemin looked at Mina and waited for her answer. "Please Mina... ", said Key even pouting.
 
Mina smiled at Key. "Okay you win!"
 
"YES! So everyone would have to meet after class at the parking lot near the basketball court", said Key.
 
"Everyone?", Yuri can't help say.
 
"Yes everyone. Sohyun you have to go too. It's time we have another pretty lady with us not just these two", Key said winking at Sohyun.
 
"Is it really okay?", Sohyu said looking at Yuri.
 
"Of course", Jonghyun said before Yuri can say a thing. Then he got Sohyun's number so he could call her later.
 
Is he flirting with her? Yuri tried to calm herself, it was only for Mina's sake that she didn't want Sohyun to be there. Why would she be jealous of her?
 
___________________________

 

O_______________O NOT FEELING WELL but glad i'd updated... 

COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBE !!!

MynnieX3 [block]  on 11-29-2011 14:20:57 says: x
OH MY~!!
So I just finished reading 'because of a bet.' YOU DID SUCH A GREAT JOB :3!! I loved it, and then I found this. I HAD A FEELING THEY WERE GONNA GET TOGETHER. But nothing happened to them in the story. 
I AM SO READY TO READ THIS ^^

>>>>>>THANKS FOR READING MY FIRST FIC... 

 

uni_lady2009 and heaven666 : thanks for the kind words ♥