Chapter 18

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

"How is she?", Jonghyun asked when Mina got out of the school clinic.
 
"She's okay but still a bit shaken", Mina answered. 
 
Jonghyun let out a sigh of relief. "I really didn't know", he said guilt showing all over his face. He was so scared when they came back and can no longer see Yuri. He'd been the one who dived into the pool and took an unconscious Yuri out of the water. He'd always thought of her as tough and atheletic so he assumed she knows how to swim.
 
"Yuri's all atheletic but she can't swim", Mina said after a while. "She's been afraid of the water ever since I'd known her..."
 
Taemin arrived just then. "Is she okay?", he asked Jonghyun and Mina and they both nodded.
 
"Uhm both of you can go now I'll take Yuri home", Jonghyun said. Mina was hesitant to leave but Taemin pulled her away. Jonghyun waited for Yuri to come out, it took some time before she did. She's changed into dry clothes that Mina lent her. When she saw Jonghyun she didn't say a thing she just walked ahead of him. Jonghyun silently followed her careful not to walk beside her. When they got to the school grounds Jonghyun wanted to say that he'll get his car first but Yuri walked o so he had no choice but to follow. They got to the bus stop and after several minutes the bus arrived. Jonghyun was thankful there were a lot of vacant seats Yuri took a seat near the driver and he chose the one behind her.
 
When they got to Yuri's place Jonghyun still folowed her she opened her apartment and stepped inside without even a backward glance at Jonghyun. 
 
"Hey Yuri - ", she banged the door close in his face. Well he deserved that. She could have died earlier. So Jonghyun stayed there outside her apartment hoping that later she'll open her door.
 
YURI'S POV
 
That dinohead surely wanted to kill me! I thought that was the last of me. Mina told me Jonghyun was the one who rescued me. Hah! He was the one who pushed me. Well I fell because of him. I completely ignored hi until I got to my place. I hate everything about him now.
 
I'm just lying on my bed for a couple of hours now then had to get up since I'm quite hungry. I didn't notice it's already past 10 in the evening. No wonder I'm hungry. I was just about to open my fridge when I remembered I don't have any food. I have to buy something, I took my jacket from my room and put on my sneakers. I opened my door then first thing I saw was Jonghyun sitting there with a bag of food beside him. I can tell it's food cause I can smell it.
 
"Hey", that's all dinohead said when he saw me. I brushed passed him. "I thought you'd be hungry so I bought some food." He kept on following me. "Come on just go back inside and eat this."
 
"I'm not hungry", I said but my stomach betrayed me.
 
"Sounds like you are...", Jonghyun gently teased. "Please go back inside." It took me a while to realize Kim Jonghyun said please. The arrogant Kim Jonghyun said please. "Yuri..."
 
I look at him and turned around to go back to my apartment he followed me right away. I'm really so hungry and the food smelled so good.
 
"Uhm can I come in too?", he asked not sure if he's welcome I ignored him again and went all the way to the kitchen bringing the food with me. I sat on one end of my small table ready to eat and Kim Jonghyun just stood there. I looked at him, more like glared at him.
 
"Uhm... am I allowed to eat as well?", he asked and I just rolled my eyes. He took a seat and we started eating. Not a single word was said. Once we're done eating Jonghyun said he'd wash the dishes. I left him at it and went inside my room. I washed my face, brush my teeth and changed into my pajamas. I was already lying on my bed and I can tell Jonghyun's still outside still not yet finish in the kitchen.
 
I just laid there for a couple of minutes listening to every sound coming from the kitchen. After a while I fell asleep and that's whe bad dreams visited me again...
 
----------------
 
 
Jonghun was all finished in the kitchen, he wanted to check on Yuri and talk to her but knew that she'd be annoyed so he jsut sat on the one and only couch. Her apartment is small but neat. He could see books everywhere. He wanted to tell her how sorry he was but couldn't seem to say the words.
 
He didn't know what he's still waiting for but he remained in her apartment. He picked a book not really planning on reading it when heard Yuri scream. He quickly got up dropping the book and charged into Yuri's room. He was beside her in a few steps.
 
"Hey what's wrong?", asked a completely worried Jonghyun. The only source of light is a small lamp beside Yuri's bed. Her face was covered with her hand. Jonghyun can tell she's crying. He touched her shoulder and it felt cold.
 
"Yuri...",he called her name. Yuri continued to sob and he felt helpless not being able to comfort her. He waited for her to calm down and stop crying but it seems to get worse as each second passed.
 
"Yuri...", he tried to calm her. "Shh... it's okay." He put his hand on her back gently rubbing circles on it.
 
"It's... never o-okay", Yuri mumbled between her sobs. A couple of minutes passed before she spoke again. "It's the same dream I've had ever since they died. I couldn't help them...if only I could save them..."
 
Jonghyun listened to her and continued to rub circles on her back. "We were so happy...and then the stupid ocean just swallowed them and they never came back. They told me they'd be back and take me with them the next time they go on vacation. I miss them so much", she dropped her hands on her lap and looked at Jonghyun. "It's not fair..."
 
Jonghyun instantly wrapped his arms around the crying Yuri bringing her close to his warmth. Yuri on the other hand buried her face on Jonghyun's chest letting all her tears fall. The incident where she almost drowned earlier reminded her of her parents death. They died on a trip. The rented yacht sunk and her parents bodies were never recovered. She was left with nothing and no one at such a young age. Jonghyun just continued to hug her giving her assurance and hoping she'll stop crying since every tear feels like someone's  stabbing him.
 
He felt guilt all over his body, he was the one responsible for her having this nightmare now. He almost let her drown. He'd give anything to turn back time, he didn't want to harm her. he didn't know she could not swim.
 
It took a while for Yuri to calm down and stop crying. Jonghyun's arms still wrapped around her they were locked in a tight embrace.
 
"Sorry I cried all over you", Yuri said pulling out of Jonghyun's embrace. She wanted to stay in his arms, it felt good.
 
"I'm the one who's suppose to say that", Jonghyun said taking her hand and just holding it. He brushed some strands of hair away from her face. He never thought anyone could look pretty after crying so hard but Yuri did. "I'm sorry for earlier I didn't know. I wanted to play a joke on you... but I never meant to harm you. Sorry for being a jerk."
 
Yuri gave him a weak smile. "You really are a jerk..." Jonghyun looked into her eyes and brush her cheek with his other hand. "I know, sleep now. I'll be outside." He slid off the bed and stood up only to have his hand pulled.
 
"Don't go Jonghyun...", Yuri said. "I don't want to be alone tonight."
 
 
______________________________________________
 
updated at last!!! gawd... my birthday is coming! LOL... 
 
comment on subscribe as your birthday gift to me! hahahah... 
 
thanks for reading ^__________^