Chapter 47

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

 

YURI'S POV
 
 
 
"Mina do I look okay?", I ask my bestfriend who had helped me dress up for today. Sohyun also came with her.
 
Mina shook her head and I felt like I'm going to cry. I don't have time to change, Jonghyun would be here in a minute!
 
"You look more than okay, you look great", Mina said with a giggle. "Don't be nervous Yuri, you're really beautiful."
 
"Yeah, I wish I could look like you right now", Sohyun said while she put the finishing touches on my hair. "Jonghyun would be happy."
 
"Really? Do I really look good?"
 
The other two nodded, I'm so glad I have them. Jonghyun wanted me to go to a salon but I told him it's better this way. He spent too much already for this meeting alone.
 
Jonghyun arrived right on time and he had this satisfied look on his face when he saw me.
 
"Beautiful...", that's the only word that came out of his mouth but his face tells it all. He was more than happy. "Shall we?"
 
We both said goodbye to Mina and Sohyun, they gave me a good hug and wished me luck. I really needed that. Jonghyun brought a different car this time with a driver.
 
"Mom's already excited", he said when we got inside the car and I felt less nervous. Maybe this won't be bad after all.
 
 
_
 
 
I've been to Jonghyun's house for a couple of times but never felt this uncomfortable. There's a different feel to the house right now and even the staff felt like they're tensed or something. The old butler greeted me and Jonghyun and told us that the Madame is waiting for us at the big garden. Jonghyun took my hand and gave it a squeeze before leading me to the place. My heart won't stop thumping like crazy. I held unto his arm and manage not to run outside. 
 
Why do I feel like this? It's going to be alright.
 
"Mom!", Jonghyun called the woman admiring the red roses that had just blossomed. She took a while to turn and look at us, and I forced myself to meet her eyes. It was just a moment that our eyes met but I felt like she had scanned my whole being. Then she turned warm eyes towards her son. Jonghyun introduced us.
 
I greeted her with much care as I would have greeted the President of this country. 
 
"Yuri, it's my pleasure to meet you", Mrs. Kim said. "I've been hearing a lot of good things about you." She walked towards the red roses again. "Jonghyun why don't you check what we'll have for lunch?"
 
"Uhm, yeah...", Jonghyun looked at me and mouthed "You'll be fine" and then he gave me a quick kiss on my cheek before leaving the two of us.
 
"Yuri", his mom called which made me stand up straight. "Come here." I walked towards where she was. "Do you love flowers?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Good. I don't really bother with house work and I'm almost always away from home but I never forget this garden. I hire competent gardeners just to keep these flowers and plants."
 
"They're really beautiful", I said admiring the flowers too.
 
"Jonghyun sure is fond of you", Mrs. Kim abruptly changed the topic from flowers to Jonghyun. "You've known him long?"
 
She was asking but it felt like she was stating it. Like she already knows a lot about me and about us.
 
"Since highschool", I answered.
 
"I'm not gonna be a bad mom and make you two split up", she said and smiled at me. "So don't be nervouse."
 
I actually felt like shouting for joy but I kept my cool and just smiled back.
 
"I know my son and I think he's pretty serious now, I know you already know that we travel a lot and that leaves Jonghyun alone here most of the time. But I always have eyes here."
 
What does she mean by that?
 
"I know you had a boyfriend before Jonghyun", she said and I felt nervous again. She's so unpredictable. "That's normal, you're pretty and smart. Outstanding student and even good with sports. You live alone for years now."
 
"Neh, my parents had passed away", I said.
 
"They must be proud of you."
 
Awkward silence followed. Where is Jonghyun now?
 
"Jonghyun is my only son", Mrs. Kim talked again. "He's the only one we have, and I want what's best for him. Just as any parent would. You do understand that right?" I just nodded my head. "I know he told you about the meeting he had the last day with my friend's daughter. I was hoping they'd get along and become friends. Would that be okay with you?"
 
She was not looking at me but rather took a step towards the other flowers. "Actually from the time Jonghyun was 5 years old and we had given up on having another child his future has been decided. He'll have to take over the company once his father retires and he would need someone to give him support. He needs a good wife, with good connections. That's why I had him meet that girl. Her name's Hana by the way. And she was chosen a long time ago to be Jonghyun's wife."
 
"As I have said I won't be a bad mother and force Jonghyun to break up with you, I know I'd only anger him and he'd stick to you more. But I've never been a quitter."
 
She turned to face me once more now holding a single white rose.
 
"I know I sound evil now but I just want my son to have the best. I'm not saying you're bad or anything, I know you're a good person. I'm not gonna tell you or pay you to leave my son, I know you won't. But you'll have competetion. If you can keep my son then I won't interfere. But if my chosen girl wins his heart, leave him forever. Do I have your word?"
 
She held out the rose to me. Is she crazy or something? She's saying I'm good and all but not good enough for her. I don't know what to say really. I do understand that she wants the best for Jonghyun, any parent would want that. But isn't her son big enough to decide for himself?
 
"Are you afraid you can't keep him once this other girl enters the picture?", Mrs. Kim asked me daring me to take the challenge.
 
Jonghyun loves me, he does. And I know we'll make it through as long as we have each other. I won't let his mom control our lives. This Hana girl better be ready 'cause I'm going to give her a good fight.
 
"So have you made a decision?"
 
I nodded and look at her directly. And with all my heart I said to her "I love Jonghyun and I'm not going to give him up."
 
She smiled for real. I know it's real 'cause it reached her eyes. She handed me the rose and I took it. 
 
"Good. You better be prepared then."
 
What have I gotten myself into?
 
 
 
 
 
 
____
 
HELLO EVERYONE :)
 
Sorry to keep you waiting but I got caught up with my no1 hobby.... SLEEPING...
kekeke... I can sleep for 15 hours straight... my current record is 17 ...I'm like dead when I sleep... 
 
and sorry for confusing you guys, i'm so clumsy i clicked "complete" 
 
so I'll be waiting for some feedback and then I'll update a little later.... 
 
What do you think will happen once Hana joins the group? 
 
LOVE > LOVE> LOVE>
 
 
thanks for subscribing, I got 100 now!  much love to you my dearest friends ^^