Chapter 42

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

"Key stop it already", Yuri told Key for the nth time. He and Dongho had been arguing over a game they played. She did not know how she ended up with these two. Now she regrets ever letting Key inside her apartment.
 
"Let's play again, I'm sure I'll win!", Key said to Dongho.
 
"Yah! Play fair hyung", Dongho complained and they started the game again. Key had brought his wii gadgets to Yuri's apartment and decided to spend the day there. 
 
"You two are so noisy!", Yuri yelled but the two just ignored her. Then someone knocked on the door. She immediately opened it hoping it's the help she needed.
 
"YURI!", Sohyun said over a bag of groceries. 
 
"What's this? And what are you doing here?", Yuri asked as she helped her with the groceries.
 
"Key called me, said that he wanted to play or something", Sohyun explained while going all the way to Yuri's kitchen. "Do you have some cooking oil? I forgot to buy them."
 
"Yeah, but -"
 
"Great. Don't worry I'll cook today", Sohyun said and even pushed her outside the kitchen.
 
 
YURI'S POV
 
What is happening here? They are totally giving me a headache. Are they really college students or what? I wanted to have a peaceful Saturday but Key just had to choose this day to bother me and he even brought Dongho and Sohyun along. I did not even know Dongho and Key would get along. Even Sohyun is now friends with him.
 
"Yuri open the door!", Key yelled all of a sudden. I did not even notice that someone is knocking with all the noise these two are making.
 
"Yah! Just lower the volume!", I told them before opening the door.
 
"Hello!", Onew greeted me with a big smile. "I'm so glad I could come here again." He said and quickly passed by me and sat on the couch. What is happening with them? I did not even invite them. And where is Jonghyun when I needed him? I called him a lifetime ago.
 
"Let me play after", Onew said to the two but the younger ones just ignored him. Key and Dongho were too focused on the game.
 
Another 30 minutes passed and someone knocked on the door again. I gladly got up to open it. Maybe this time it would Jonghyun.
 
"Hey Mina", I said.
 
"Yuri... Am bad time?", she asked. She must have seen the annoyed look on my face but that's not because of her.
 
"No, of course not. Come in", I said and pulled her in.
 
"Key called me and told me to come here", Mina explained and smiled when she saw what the others were doing. "That explains why you're not answering your phone."
 
"Huh?"
 
"I was calling you but with all the noise I don't think you could hear it ringing", she said with a little laugh. Right now Onew and Key is having a battle with the controller. Dongho just won the game.
 
"Oh Mina, you're here", Dongho smiled at her. I don't know if he still likes her like before but I could tell that Mina still holds something special in his heart.
 
"Mina! I'm glad you came too!", Sohyun said coming out of the kitchen now wearing my apron.
 
"You're cooking? Let me help you", Mina said and the two disappeared again. Aish, now I could not let them leave since I'd be the bad guy who spoiled a good party. So now that everyone is here except for my boyfriend of course I might as well join them.
 
 
-
 
 
"Hi I'm Hana, nice to meet you", the girl said to Jonghyun. She looked a lot like a doll to him with her long brown hair. "My mom said you're handsome and I thought she was only saying that so she could get me to meet you but now that I'm here looking at you, I know she's not exaggerating", she continued. Jonghyun looked a bit uncomfortable. "Uhm, sorry for being so talkative. I'm just happy I came though. I know you were forced to be here but thank you for coming. I'm glad it was you really."
 
The girl went on talking about ramdom things and Jonghyun just listened.
 
 
JONGHYUN'S POV
 
She was right. I was forced to come and meet her by my mother. She wanted me to meet her friend's daughter, saying that it'd be good for their business€. 
 
"Be nice to her."
 
Those were her exact words. Well the girl in front of me is cute and bubbly, the looks of a young rich heiress but I am not interested at all. I already have a girlfriend. But mom told me to meet this girl just once. I agreed on one condition, that she would be nice to Yuri. My mom can be intimidating and cold sometimes. 
 
 
I want her to treat Yuri nicely when they meet.
 
"Uhm so Jonghyun..."
 
"Where do you study?", I suddenly asked her. Might as well be good now than be sorry later. I know my mom and she has her ways to spy on me.
 
"I go to an all girls school. GEE Academy" < LOL Can't think of any name XD >
 
"Oh really."
 
"So you're already in college too right?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Do you like it there?"
 
"My school? Of course."
 
"I always wanted to go to your university but my parents would not allow me."
 
I could not think of anything to say good thing the waiter returned with our order. She sure ordered a lot.
 
"Mind if I eat like I usually do?", she asked me
 
"Sure", I told her not really sure what she meant.
 
"Thanks, I'm really hungry you know. I mean I was so nervous this morning that I could not even drink my milk. But now that I met you, my appetite is back. Let's eat", she said with a happy face and we started eating. 
 
She really is serious. She finished her food before I did which is really something since she ordered like three dishes for her. I did not know someone could eat like that.
 
"There's still desert", I told her.
 
"I know, that's why I left some space in my tummy for that", she giggled.
 
She smiles a lot and talks a lot. This is the first time I agreed on meeting someone my mom recommended. Not that I'm meeting her 'cause I want to as I said I wanted to gain something from here. Plus I'm confident that whoever I meet will not affect my feelings for Yuri. 
 
"Uhm, Jonghyun you're older than me right?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Can I call you oppa?", she asked me.
 
"Oppa? Wae?"
 
"Well you're older and I've never had an oppa before", she confessed.I don't know what got into me. She's really cute and all but I'm not saying that I'm attracted to her. It's just that thing when you meet someone nice and pretty and you want to be nice to them too. Not that I like her or something. But it won't help to be her friend right?
 
"When I was young, my parents travelled a lot and I was dragged from one country to another. I never stayed in one place for more than 3 months. It's hard to make friends, and I felt like if ever I made one it would be hard saying good bye to them. It was pretty lonely. But I got used to it in time."
 
Her face turned sad this time and I wished she never said that. I'm not the comforting type of guy. 
 
"I was so glad when they finally decided to settle here in Seoul. They still travel a lot but they let me stay here. But the girls in my school don't like me for some reason. They say I'm weird and noisy. That's why I don't have a lot of friends still."
 
Okay I get it. She really wanted to call me oppa. And since this is going to be the first and last time I'd see her then let it be. What's the harm of letting her call me oppa when we won't have to meet again.
 
"Okay you can call me that."
 
"Really? Wow thanks, oppa!", she said and giggled.
 
 
_
 
 
 
"Sohyun why aren't you answering your phone?", Yuri asked when Sohyun just stared at her phone.
 
"The number's not registered", Sohyun said. 
 
"Not registered?", Key took her phone. "Oh that must be Minho's new number."
 
"Minho?", both Mina and Sohyun said.
 
Sohyun answered the call. All of them listened to their one-sided conversation that only lasted for a couple of seconds.
 
"So what did he say?", Yuri asked.
 
"They're coming home. And Taemin is injured."
 
 
 
_
 
 
I just found out that Key and my umma have the same birthday !!!!
 
Don't worry Taemin wud be back next chapter, and who is this new girl???? O_O
 
i'll be making another update tomorrow :) gud nyt guys ^^
 
ENJOY!