Chapter 34

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

 

 

It was already lunch tie but Jonghyun was still not around. He said he’d be here in a few minutes but everyone already came except him. Mina arrived wit Key, while Onew and Minho had been waiting with Yuri for them. They had not seen Taemin around except for Minho who sees him during practice. He told Yuri, still watches Taemin play of course they didn’t tell Mina about this.

“What’s taking him too long?”, Yuri didn’t notice that she had said it aloud.

“Waiting for Jonghyun?”, Minho said.

“Uhm n-no”, Yuri quickly answered.

“You two seem too close these past few days. Is there something that we need to know?”, Onew asked.

“What made you say that?”, Yuri asked as well.

“Just noticed that you two don’t fight and bicker like you always do”, Onew explained.

“Oh really…”, Yuri tried to look unaffected.

“Uhm are the two of you…?”, Yuri did not let Onew finish his question.

“I’m just waiting for him because.. uhm ‘cause he owes me money”, Yuri said not thinking.

“What?”, both Onew and Key said at the same time. The rich Jonghyun owes someone money.

“Uhm… just a few buck”, Yuri added.

“He’ll be here any minute now. I actually saw him with a girl earlier… I think that was one of the girls he dated before…”, Minho said.

“What? He was with a girl?”, exclaimed Yuri.

“Wae? He’s always with a girl”, Minho said.

“Wel all know Jonghyun can’t live without flirting”, Onew added. Just then Jonghyun arrived wearing a big smile. He wanted to sit with Yuri but since they made a deal not to tell their friends yet that they’re together he decided to sit across her which was beside Mina. Their friends are suspicious already after what happened at Yuri’s apartment.

“You seem to be smiling a tlot”, Key said once Jonghyun took his seat.

“Maybe he got a hot date tonight”, Onew said.

“Hot date?”, Jonghyun asked looking at everyone.

“The girl you were hitting on earlier – “, Minho got cut off.

“What girl?”, Jonghyun shot him a look.

“I saw you earlier with a girl”, Minho answered ignoring Jonghyun’s glare.

Jonghyun look at Yuri and saw how mad she is. He likes to kill Minho now. It’s true he was with a girl earlier but they were just talking. Meaning no flirting involved, none at all.

“We were just talking –“

“Talking? She was clinging onto you.”

“Yah Minho!”, Jonghyun can’t help but to raise his voice but Minho didn’t mind.

“So you’re back to flirting…”, Yuri said looking straight at Jonghyun.

“Flirting? I was not flirting”, Jonghyun answered immediately. “She was just asking me about our lesson. Seriously – “

“Lesson? I didn’t know you’re interested in school stuff now”, Key said.

“Yuri, believe me I was just – “

Minho spoke again. “Why are explaining to her?”, he turned to look at Yuri for a while. “Is she your girlfriend?”

Jonghyun look at Minho’s serious face then noticed that everyone is looking at him waiting for an answer. Yuri didn’t say anything at all. How is he supposed to answer? He can’t read Yuri’s mind. Does she want him to tell them that they’re now a couple or not?

“Uhm no”, Jonghyun mumbled.

“What was that again?”, Key asked.

“I said Yuri’s not my girlfriend!”, Jonghuun said in a loud voice. Loud enough for everyone in the canteen to hear. Aish! These troublemakers are annoying him!

Yuri stood up suddenly and walked out. Jonghyun made a way to follow her but Key stopped him.

“What’s with you? Why would you follower her?”, Key said holding Jonghyun’s arm.

“Aish just let go Key”, Jonghyun replied and roughly pulle doff Key’s hand then ran after Yuri.

Key and Onew laughed with Minho while Mina just stared at them.

“What’s going on?”, Mina asked looking clueless.

“Those two are too obvious”, Onew answered as he continued laughing neglecting his beloved fried or rather friend chicken.

“Why can’t they just admit it?”, Key said.

“Admit what?”, Mina said.

“That they’re together and that they’re in love with each other”, Key said. “Didn’t Yuri tell you?”

Mina shook her head. “She doesn’t hve to. I mean, I can tell they’re in love. Somehow I knew it would happen…”

“Really?”, Onew said he stopped laughing now.

“Yeah, it’s too obvious…”, Mina answered. She remembered how it was with her and Taemin. The secret smiles, the stares, looking at each other. She and Taemin were like that too. They were happy back then.

“Uhm hey Mina”, Minho said tapping her shoulder. “Here…”, she saw him handing her tissue.

“You’re crying”, said Key in a whisper.

“Sorry guys…”, Mina said wiping her tears away. “I was just – “

“No need to explain”, Minho said kindly.

“You should go talk to him again…”, said Key trying to convince her.

“We’ve talked Key.”

“Well maybe you can try again…”

“I don’t know … it seems like he doesn’t want to talk to me anymore…”

“What? Why? What made you think that?”, asked Key.

“Well, I don’t know. I just feel it”, Mina answered.

“Sohyun is the real problem here”, Minho said.

“I think we’re judging her too much” Key said. “She seems nice you know…”

“They all fell silent, Sohyun and Taemin just came in. Sohyun saw them and tapped Taemin’s shoulder. He saw Mina with his friends. He nodded at his friends but totally ignored Mina. After buying some food both Taemin and Sohyun left. Mina broke down into tears.

 

 

_

 

 

 

“Yah! Yuri wait up!”, Jonghyun called after her running as fast as he could. He finally caught up with her and grabbed her arm. “Hey!”

“Let go!”, Yuri said. They were all alone now in the gym. She didn’t realize she had ran here.

“Can you please listen first?”, Jonghyun said still catching his breath.

“To what? Minho clearly said he saw you with a girl and you were flirting with her.”

“Aish, yes I was talking to a girl earlier but I was not flirting with her.”

“Why should I believe you – “

“Because I love”, he pulled her close and hugged her. “I know why you’re mad”, he said her hair. “You’re upset because of what I said earlier. That you’re not my girlfriend.”Yuri buried her face in the crook of Jonghyun’s neck. “I thought you’d want me to deny it. You said you’re not ready yet…”

“I know”, Yuri mumbled against his neck. “I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay babe”, Jonghyun said and kissed her on her forehead. “Why don’t we just eat out. You have a free period right? And I don’t want to go back to those troublemakers.”

Yuri nodded with a smile on her face now. Jonghyun took her hand and they started walking together.

“I’m going to skin those guys alive later. They’re pulling pranks on us. I think they already know something’s up. Why don’t we just tell them?”

“I don’t know…”

“Mina would understand, she’s your bestfriend. I’m sure she’d e happy for us.”

“Okay, but not today.”

 

-

 

“You sure you don’t want me to take you home?”, Minho asked Mina. He was worried about her.

“No, I’m fine”, Mina said. She didn’t want to bother Minho anymore. “Besides you have practice today.” She remembered the times she’d wait for Taemin to finish practice and they’d go home together.

“Okay, call me once you’re home ‘kay?”, Minho said before leaving her to go to the gym.

She walked slowly toward her locker to deposit some books she didn’t need. Once done she closed it and was surprise to find Sohyun waiting for her.

“Hey…”, Sohyun began with a shy smile. She didn’t come close to her. “Uhm…can we talk? I promise I won’t take much of your time.”

“What do you want?”, Mina said coldly.

“I know you’re mad at me, and I’m sorry for making you and Taemin split up – “

“What? What did you say again?”, Mina can’t believe her ears. Where dd she get the idea that they broke up? Did Taemin say that to her? Is everyone thinking that they’re no longer together? As far as she knows they’re just not in good terms but they’re still together. Or is she wrong?

“I know you and Tae had a fight…”

There she goes again using that nickname for Taemin. Mina can’t help but frown more at her words.

“You saw me in their home and even inside his rom, but we didn’t do anything wrong – “

“What’s exactly your point?”, Mina said. She wanted to get it over it with her.

“Taemin and I are not together, I mean, you see it all started when – “

“Hey Mina we don’t have – “, Minho came back and saw the two of them. “What’s going on here?”

“Why did you come back?”, Mina asked ignoring his question. Sohyun looked at Minho like she wanted to get out of here.

“Why is she with you? Is she disturbing you?”, he eyed Sohyun who quickly avoided his eyes.

“Uhm, we were just talking”, Sohyun said.

“She was telling me something when you came”, Mina said.

“Oh yeah? What was it?”, he asked.

Sohyun knows Minho won’t go anywhere and that she had no choice but to continue talking but she was too nervous now. She had wanted to talk to Mina alone.

“Uhm… I was just saying that Taemin and I are not together”, Sohyun said at last.

“Then why are you always with him?” It was Minho who asked.

“Well, it’s complicated… I m-mean –“

“Do you like Taemin?”, Mina bravely asked.

“Of course, what’s not to like about him?”, Sohyun said too nervous to think if her answers made sense to anyone but her.

“You do know he has a girlfriend right?”, Minho said.

“Yes, that’s why I’m here to talk to her. Taemin has reasons why he’s with me or why we’re like this…”

“And that is?”, Mina asked patiently waiting since Sohyun was now hesitating maybe because of Minho’s presence.

“Well…”, Sohyun took a glance at Minho.

“You can tell me now or not at all”, Mina said losing her patience.

“Taemin and I have s-something special… we bot can’t let go of each other..”, Sohyun touched her forehead absent-mindedly.

“Wait, what’s that in you hand?”, Mina asked looking at the watch Sohyun is wearing since it looks familiar. It was the one she gave to Taemin. “Why are you wearing that?”

Sohyun held out her hand. “This? Oh yeah well, he kinda left it in my place – “

“What?”, both Minho and Mina said.

“Well let me explain, what happened was – “

“Taemin had been in your place?”, Mina asked.

“Mina wait just listen!”, Sohyun said when Mina walked away. “Just hear me out. I’m just too nervous that’s why I’m saying everything wrong… please listen”, she grabbed Mina’s arm. “Please Mina… please stay and listen.”

“I’ve heard enough. I don’t know if you’re really sorry or just playing with me. But I don’t want to listen to you anymore”, Mina said. She pulled away from Sohyun but the girl had a tight grip on her.

“Just listen please…”

“I said let go!”, Mina yelled and pushed Sohyun off none too gently. She didn’t mean it but it happened anyway. Sohyun fell off.

“What are you doing?” All there of them turned towards the voice which belongs to Taemin. He rushed to help Sohyun get up. “Are you okay?”

“I am”, Sohyun answered. “Mina and I are just talking.”

“I can see that”, Taemin said with sarcasm.

“Taemin…”, Mina called him and look at him. She had not seen him this close for days. His face changed, he looked tired.

“Come on Sohyun”, Taemin said ignoring Mina. He couldn’t have not heard  her? He pulled Sohyun with him and turned away.

“Taemin wait”, Sohyun tried to stop him but failed.

“Wait!”, Mina shouted at last she ran after them while Minho stood on hi spot. “Wait, just wait.”

Taemin stopped dragging Sohyun and faced Mina he was still holding Sohyun’s hand which didn’t escape her eyes.

“I didn’t mean to push her off like that – “

Taemin cut her off. “Yes, I saw that.

“Taemin please let us talk”, Sohyun said.

“What for? She already made up her mind about the this whole thing. She’s not going to listen to you. She didn’t even listen to me.”

“Why are you like this? Why are talking like this?”, Mina said surprise to hear Taemin’s words. He didn’t say anything so she continued. “You make me feel like everything’s my fault.” It’s not fair…not fair at all. “Sohyun said something earlier, that we split up. Were you the one who said that? Have you decided to end this?”

Sohyun tried to in but Taemin spoke first. “What do you think? You don’t even talk to me… you walked out on me when I was trying to explain.”

“Explain what? All you said was to trust you!”

“Which you didn’t do.”

Mina was too stunned to speak. It would have been better if he yelled at her. Not like this, his face is just blank, she can’t feel him anymore.

“No, you’re the one who didn’t trust me. You can’t even choose me over her”, Mina said.

“Why do I have to choose Mina? I already chose you a long time ago when I decided to love you.”

“Then why are you with her and not with me?”, Mina said close to tears now. Can’t he just let go of Sohyun’s hand and hug her? Just let her feel he’s still there.

Taemin did not answer. He looked like he wanted to go to her but held himself.

“Mina, Taemin and I are – “

“Stop it Sohyun”, Taemin raised his voice. “You don’t have to do this Let’s go.” He pulled Sohyun with him and started walking away.

“Wait Taemin, I’m okay with it really”, Sohyun said when they were a bit far from Mina. She had clearly ruined it again.

:”What’s the use, she already made up her mind.”

“And you did too? Pride won’t make you happy Taemin. You’re just upset she didn’t listen to you.”

“Let’s not talk about this now”, Taemin said and walked faster.

 

-

 

Minho went to Mina’s side. She didn’t cry, not until Taemin and Sohyun were out of her sight. Minho didn’t say a word he just stood there beside her.

“Why can’t he just leave her and get back with me?”, Mina said almost in a whisper.

Is it really that hard to leave Sohyun for her. Taemin’s words rang through her head again.

“I already chose you a long time ago when I decided to love you.”

Was she too focused on Sohyun that she can’t trust Taemin? Did jealousy really consumed her too much?

 

Would they still be okay after everything? What if they really have a good reason for being like this and even if she finds out Taemin and her won’t still be okay?

.

.

.

.

 

What if it’s too late?

 

_____________________________________________

 

Ah...this took me a long time to type 'cause it's Jung Yunho's birthday and  I was going crazy helping it trend on twitter.. but everything paid off cuz it >#Happy27thYunho<  claimed the number one spot even if for a while ^^ and that's worldwide trending ^^

 

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YUNHO!

I'm so guilty of prolonging this secret thing..don't hate on me guys.. this is actually the last chapter that i've written so it'd take me a few days before i can update .. gotta work on it..for the mean time you can check on my new FIC... the 3rd one!

 

for those who had subscribed on my first fic just recently thanks a lot ^^

 

Everything would be revealed on the next chapter...for now join Mina on her emote-mode ^^ LOL what a word ^^

 

 

Comment and subscribe ^^