Chapter 58

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

 

Jonghyun waited for Yuri at a coffee shop near her apartment, she finally agreed to meet him. He was too happy to finally be able to see her that he came half an hour earlier.

He greeted her with a smile but she just nodded her head at him. She looked different like she had not slept at all. A waitress came and placed the tea he had ordered beforehand.

“Yuri I’ve got to tell you something –”

“Before you say anything I’d like to say something first.”

Jonghyun tried hard to read her face but failed. She looked directly at him after saying this. “Uhm what is it?”

“I don’t care.”

“Bwoh?”

“I don’t care if Hana is pregnant.”

“Well you don’t really have to worry about that actually I want to –”

“I don’t care if you lied to me about being in London when you were obviously here.”

“Oh that, well I was actually planning to surprise you”

“Yeah you did.”

“No Yuri what I meant was –”

“Listen Jonghyun, whatever happened with you and Hana does not matter to me. I’m letting you go.”

“What?” Jonghyun’s voice became slightly louder than he expected and some customers turned to him. “Yuri what are you saying?”

“It does not matter okay? I realized that we are not really suited for each other. I thought of it a lot when you were in London. Hana is more your match than I. And now that you two are having a baby your mom must be so happy.” She said this with a straight face but then he had the gall to laugh. “Well I’m glad you’re clearly happy with this too.”

“No Yuri I’m not, it’s just that,” Jonghyun tried to control his laughter. “You got it all wrong you know and I’m so sorry for laughing. I was just thinking of my mom being happy about Hana’s pregnancy.”

“Why would you find that funny?” Yuri asked completely puzzled now.

“It’s true that Hana’s pregnant, there’s no use hiding it now. We found out about it when we were in London. She wanted to keep it a secret though because first of all my mom would not be happy, and second the father of the baby does not know yet.”

“What do you mean?” Suddenly Yuri felt cold sweat running down her back.

“Remember my cousin Myungsoo? The one you met at my party? He and Yuri kind a hit it off and now Yuri’s pregnant.”

“Bwoh? How did that happen?”

“Yuri being pregnant?”

“No silly, how is it Myungsoo and not you?”

“Me? Why would it be me?”

“Because well –”

“You really think I’d cheat on you?” Jonghyun had disbelief written all over his face but he dismissed it afterwards. “I felt responsible for Hana because if it were not for me this would not be happening.”

“What do you mean?”

“Myungsoo, Hana and I had more than a few drinks after we closed a deal. I was actually teasing the two of them you know, like how good they look together. I introduced them to each other you know, even told Hana that she could date my cousin if she likes and I’d take care of my mom. By the way I found out that my mom is really planning on making Hana my girlfriend. I left the two of them drunk and wasted. And the rest happened, Hana is pregnant.”

“So you mean you’re not the father?”

“Of course I’m not!”

Yuri’s mind became blank for a moment. Then Kikwang’s face flashes back into her mind. She closed her eyes as tears fall from them.

“Yuri I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you right away. And about lying to you that I’m still in London. I planned to surprise you and I’m not in the position to tell you about Hana’s condition.”

“No Jonghyun it’s not that.” Yuri continued to cry.

“Hey what’s wrong? What do you mean?”

“I came here to break up with you.”

“What? Why would you do that? Haven’t I made myself clear already?”

“No, it’s not you it’s me.”

“Yuri please don’t give me that crap. Why would you suddenly want to break up? Tell me what’s wrong,” Jonghyun demanded even reaching for Yuri’s trembling hands.

“I can’t tell you now. I’m sorry Jonghyun. I really am, I didn’t mean to do it. Let’s just end everything here. Find someone else. Someone your mom approves.”

“Did my mom do something?”

“No she didn’t,” Yuri quickly replied. “This is my own decision Jonghyun. Let’s end our relationship here. It’s over, we’re over.” Yuri stood up and left Jonghyun too stunned to even follow her.

_

“I simply just don’t understand her!” Jonghyun shouted out of frustration. Yuri left him after saying that she’s ending their relationship. How could she decide so suddenly? He understands that she’s upset about the lie he told but surely that would not be reason for her to break up with him.

“Jonghyun calm down okay?” Key told him. He too does not understand Yuri’s action.

“This is just so frustrating. I was expecting her to welcome me, telling me she missed me a lot when I was in London. But here I am alone because she just broke up with me,” Jonghyun said and Key could not utter a word at all. He can’t tell Jonghyun everything will be fine. He’s not sure of that.

“Just give her time,” Minho said having been silent for the whole time. Key was thankful he now spoke up.

“NO!” Jonghyun stood up and grab his keys. “I need to see her.”

“But you don’t even know where she is right now!” Key shouted after him but Jonghyun just walked even faster away from them.

“This is all a big mess,” Key said when Jonghyun was gone.

“But don’t you think Yuri is acting a bit weird here? I mean, being angry is okay since Jonghyun hyung lied to her. But breaking up with him?”

“Yeah I know, maybe she has other reasons.”

_

JONGHYUN’S POV

I could not just stay put and wait for Yuri to show up again. I need to see her now. I don’t think another day would make it any better. I don’t have a single clue where she is right now and she won’t pick up her phone. Mina doesn’t know her whereabouts as well. After two hours of just driving around I finally decided to just wait for her apartment. The rain started to fall. I waited outside her apartment for a couple of minutes when a familiar guy walked by. He didn’t see me of course, I was still inside my car.

I watch him went up the stairs and knocked on Yuri’s door. My heart was thumping like crazy for some reason. My head tells me to stay where I am but curiosity got the better of me. So grabbed my coat and headed for Yuri’s apartment. I was sure it was him. But why would he be coming here?

I didn’t bother to knock, good thing the door was left open. Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw. My heart literally stopped beating. And I felt my whole body froze. With clenched teeth I watched as Lee Kikwang held my girl in his arms.

“J-jonghyun…” Yuri finally noticed me.

“I don’t know what you want Kikwang and I don’t care. All I want is for you to get out of here right now,” I said controlling my anger.

“Oh really? Why don’t you ask Yuri if she wants me out?”

My eyes found Yuri and she had tears in her eyes. Was she crying in his arms? I don’t even know what think. All I know is that I want Kikwang out of her place. I never really liked the guy. And now I’m certain I hate him.

“Jonghyun,” Yuri said my name again but she could not continue what she wants to say.

“Come on Yuri tell him to get lost,” Kikwang said even grabbing her arm and holding it firm in his.

“What’s going on here?” I asked and regretted I even came here.

“All right I’ll tell him –”

“No!” Yuri shouted and pulled her hand from his hold. “I’ll tell him. Kikwang and I got back together.”

“Bwoh?”

“I said I’m not with Kikwang. We’re through.”

“Yuri if you said the world would end tomorrow I’d believe you but not this . Why are you doing this?” My eyes never left hers. She was struggling and she could not stop the tears coming. I wanted to hold her but I needed to hear the truth.

“Tell her Yuri or I will.”

“Jonghyun I’m sorry –”

“Okay that’s it!” Kikwang said and I saw him sneer. “We and I mean Yuri and I, slept together.”

My eyes went from Yuri to Kikwang. “B-bwoh?”

“We spent the night together here in this apartment. We made love, we had . You want me to tell you the details?”

“Kikwang stop!” Yuri yelled.

“Yuri is this…?” I feel my whole body go numb.

“Jonghyun I’m sorry, I was drunk. I didn’t know what I was doing. I was –”

“Oh come on Yuri, you liked what we did.”

“I said shut up.” And a fist landed on Kikwang’s face. If it was another time and reason I would have laughed. But I don’t see anything funny right now. “Get out!” She pushed Kikwang out and the latter just went.

“Yuri tell me what he said is not true.”

“I’m sorry Jonghyun. I was drunk, I didn’t plan this. I didn’t want to it to happen. But I slept with another man!”

“LIE TO ME!” I yelled so hard I felt like my eyes would go out of my head. I took a step forward and Yuri stood her ground. I could not bring myself to touch her. “Tell me anything but that! Lie to me Yuri, tell me what Kikwang said is all bull!”

“I’m sorry –”

“I don’t need you to say sorry dammit! I need you to tell me that all I heard from Kikwang is not true!”

But Yuri continued to cry instead of giving me what I want.

“Please Yuri, please say it’s not true. I’ll believe anything you say. Anything at all. Just tell me it’s not true please.” I said feeling my eyes grow hot and seconds after I was crying too. I never cried in front of a girl before. Not even in front of my own mother.

“Jonghyun, the reason I broke up with you is because I slept with him. I’m sorry Jonghyun.”

My world suddenly went tumbling down. And I could no longer dare to look at her. Everything just seemed so wrong. I turned away. I hear her call my name again but her voice sound foreign to me now. I can’t. I can’t turned around and tell her everything’s okay. I stood with my back on her for a moment, hearing her cry and then I took a step forward and another until I was out of her apartment. And maybe out of her life.

 

 

_________________

 

COMMENTS PLEASE :)

THANK U FOR STILL SUPPORTING THE FIC ^^

MUCH LOVE FOR YOU BOTH FOR VOTING!!!

heaven666

mai994

and welcome new subscribers:
 

 
101211
 
123234

 

 

 

 

 

 

THANKS ^^