Chapter 19

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

Jonghyun swallowed hard when he heard what Yuri said. He stood with his back on her.

"Please Jonghyun, just stay", Yuri said when Jonghyun did not answer. It was a complete turn around. They were fighting one moment, then this. He turned to face her and met her eyes. She was asking him to stay. He saw fear in her eyes for the first time. Eyes that still held unshed tears. Jonghyun took a deep breath before he sat down again beside her. On her small bed with warm blanket and soft pillow.

"I'll stay here 'til you fall asleep", Jonghyun said. Yuri laid her head on the pillow and closed her eyes. She was really tired and she wanted to have a dreamless sleep. After a while she fell asleep while holding Jonghyun's hand. She was used to being alone, she had to since her parents died she'd been alone most of the time. She was really thankful when she met Mina. At least she has someone to turn to when she couldn't take it anymore.

Yuri never got over her parents' death. It was difficult for her to go through life without them. There was no grave to bring flowers to. No grave to visit. Everything was lost and stolen by waves of a vast ocean.

Jonghyun watched Yuri slowl fell asleep, her breathing calm and steady. After a while he stood up but somehow couldn't leave Yuri alone. Even if the hand that held his had already loosened its grip he couldn't let go of the girl who opened her heart out to him.

Deep within his heart wanted to chase all her fears away and help her get gh the loneliness. But he's Kim Jonghyun. He's just a playboy, he was nobody's her.

So he stayed there watching her sleep. He already decided to go when he heard her call his name.

"Jonghyun..." Yuri muttered in her sleep. He knew he can't leave her. He sat beside her and after a while he too felt sleepy...

 

_________________________________

 

Yuri woke up feeling fresh and well rested. Who wouldn't be if your pillow is Kim Jonghyun's chest. She could hear every beat of his heart. His arms were wrapped around her in an embrace, his chin just above her head. She look at her wall clock and it's still too early for school. So she decided to sleep again. 

Jonghyun stirred feeling someone burying her face on his chest. It took him a moment to remember who it was he had a tight  grip on. He can't help but smile when he saw Yuri's head pillowed on his chest. He never had spent a night with a woman without having with her. Heck, he never slept with them fully clothed. He never just sleeps with them but it felt good having her in his arms right now. He snuggled close to her and buried his face on her hair.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Days later...

 

Mina was waiting for Taemin outside his class. When the class dismissed Taemin was one of the few students who stayed behind. It took Taemin a moment to notice Mina standing by the door.

"Hey what are you doing here?", asked Taemin.

"It's almost lunch time...", came Mina's reply she was looking at Sohyun who was also inside the room.

Taemin look behind him before he spoke. "Uhm we need to go to the library."

"Oh...okay then. I'll just see you later?", Mina said not sure.

Taemin took her hand and gently squeezed it. "Yes, I'll send you home later."

"Hey Tae...", Sohyun said from behind them. "Time to go."

"Okay", said Taemin. He smiled to Mina and kissed her lightly on her cheek. "I'll see you later after class."

"Bye Mina", Sohyun said smiling at her. Both of them went on leaving her standing there. She could see them chatting happily while walking. A few days ago Taemin had introduced Sohyun to her as her research partner. She's pretty, well she's really beautiful. She's got the looks and the body and from what she knows she got the brain as well. Sohyun and Taemin had been spending time together for their research. Mina understands that it's for the project but she can't help but feel jealous. She really can't help it especially if she sees them together. One time Sohyun joined them for lunch. It was just the three of them and Sohyun took all of Taemin's attention and she felt left out. Like she was the odd one out.

"Hey Mina!", she heard Yuri call her. She had not left the spot where Taemin and Sohyun left her.

"Hey where's Jonghyun?", she asked since they are alwas seen together nowadays.

"He's on his way to the canteen. Come on", Yuri said pulling Mina. She just came from the library and as she was leaving she saw Taemin with Sohyun which means Mina would be eating alone for lunch. Mina had told her about Sohyun and she knows her bestfriend is jealous of the girl. They found Jonghyun with Key and Minho in the canteen.

"Where's Onew?", Mina asked as they took their seats.

"Out somewhere", Key answered. 

"Come on let's eat, I'm hungry", Joghyun said. 

 

MINA'S POV

I listened to the others chat while we ate. I wish Taemin is here. Yuri and Jonghyun had been acting weird these last few days. I mean it's unusual to see them being nice and civil to each other. Yuri didn't tell me anything yet but I can tell something had changed between them.

Key was telling us that he's throwing a party this weekend for his birthday. He really loves parties.

"It's gonna be great, there'll be a live band", Key finished. Just then Taemin arrived and he was with Sohyun!

"Hey guys!", Taemin said as he got to our table. Sohyun just stood beside him.

"Taemin, haven't seen you in days!!!", Key exclaimed pulling Taemin int a quick hug.

"Yah hyung, I just saw you two days ago", Taemin said. 

"But still we missed you", Key said. "Oh, who's she?"

Sohyun smiled at Key and at everyone. "Hello, I'm Sohyun", she introduced herself.

Everyone fell silent just looking at Sohyun. 

"Uhm... hi", Key said after a while. He was the only one who greeted her back but she doesn't seem to mind this. Taemin grabbed a chair for both of them.

"She's my research partner", Taemin said. 

"Ah okay, let's eat". said Jonghyun.

"I was just telling them about my party this weekend.", said Key. "Everyone's invited!"

"Really? So that means I can go too?", Sohyun said looking excited.

"Of course. Everyone as lovely as you is welcome", Key replied the continued to tell us how grand and great his party will be. I sat their listening to them and ignoring how Sohyun would talk to  Taemin as if their very close and how she shares her food to him.

She's really getting into my nerves. I never thought I could be this jealous. I know Taemin loves me but...

"Hey Mina you seem queit", Minho said all of a sudden and everyone just stopped doing whatever they were doing, eyes directed at me. "Are you okay?'

"Uhm just a slight headache", I said. Taemin stood up and went by my side. 

"Just a slight headache?", he asked gently. I saw the worry on his face and felt bad for lying. I just wanted his attention.

"I'm okay, it's nothing", I said but he pulled another chair and sat beside me.

"You barely touched your food. Come on eat up. We'll go to the clinic after  for some pain reliever before you go to your next class", he said even grabbing my chopsticks and feeding me.

"Yah Taemin I can do that", I said in a whisper feeling my cheeks growing warm since everyone is still looking at us.

"Aigoo, there goes the lovebirds", Key teased. I was glad they resumed eating.

 

 

_____________________________________________

I'll be doing 2 updates since it's NOVEMBER 2 and it's my birthday! LOL... so guys please continue reading my fic and keep your comments coming! 

i wish to have more suscribers on this fic.. and can anyone do a poster for it? ^_______^

thanks guys!