Chapter 59

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

Two months later…

 

School has resumed, new and old students meet. Fresh faces ready to face college life and old ones set to continue what they left. A lot had changed, some bad, some are good but life goes on.

 

YURI’S POV

I still could not believe things had changed so much, the ones who know what really happened is myself, Mina, Jonghyun and Kikwang. I miss Jognhyun terribly, I cried every night for a week when we broke up. It was just too painful and it’s my entire fault. I never wanted to hurt him. But I did, and he probably hates me now.

Onew came back just a month ago, he held a party but I didn’t dare show up. I can’t face him. In my heart I still love him and probably will only love him.

“Yuri,” Key called me. He asked me to wait for him so we could eat lunch together. Mina and Sohyun had different schedules so it’s not possible for us to eat together. Tamin and Minho would be busy for their team.

“Come on I’m hungry,” I said to Key. And we marched our way to the canteen. Key is the only one who tells me updates about Jonghyun even if I don’t ask him. He became my eyes and ears on anything about Jonghyun.

“He’ll be back today you know,” Key said as we seated ourselves. “Oh and Myungsoo too.” Hana finally accepted Myungsoo, he had man up and faced his responsibility and their planning on getting married after the baby is born.

I just smile at Key and continued eating. I’ve come to cope with missing Jonghyun. I eat a lot. Well I usually eat a lot but now I eat like twice as much.

“You sure are hungry,” Key finally noticed.

“Yeah I am,” I answered. I eyed his dumpling and he must have noticed since he pushed them towards me. “Thanks.”

“Yuri, I know I don’t have a right to ask and I won’t ask what really happened between you and Jonghyun. He still refuses to tell me. But I just want to understand, I want to help you. Jonghyun obviously still loves you and you too. Both of you are still in love with each other. So why not patch things up with him?”

“Key, I’m sorry but I’m fine with everything right now.”

“No you’re not. Sure you’re eating just fine, you seem to be getting healthy more and more every day. But you can’t fool me, I know you still want him. It’s just so frustrating you know. I think Mina knows something but she won’t tell me a thing.”

“Let’s just leave things as they are and move on.”

Key didn’t argue anymore and continued to eat. After that we said our goodbyes and he headed to his next class while I went to the girl’s rest room. It didn’t take me long and I was out again in the hallway and there stood Kikwang waiting for me.

“My answer is still no,” I said before he could even open his mouth.

“Yuri, Jonghyun no longer wants you. I’m a lot better now. Give me another chance please.”

“No Kikwang. Whatever happened between us does not mean anything. I don’t even remember it! And please let this be the last time you ever try to talk to me. I never want anything to do with you again.” I walked away before he could say anything again. He’s been bothering me a lot telling me all I need is him.

I went to my next class and spent two hours listening to a boring lecture. Luckily it was the last one for me today. I could finally go home. I’m sure Mina and Sohyun would be in the gym waiting for Taemin and Minho. Key invited me to watch a movie but I refused. I want to rest, I feel so tired suddenly and my eyes wanted to go to sleep. Key is being too nice. I’m lucky he’s my friend.

_

 

KEY’S POV

 

I don’t know what really went on with Jonghyun and Yuri, it all happened so suddenly and we all know that Jonghyun is not the one who got Hana pregnant so why did they break up?

Jonghyun refuse to tell me a thing and so is Mina. Yuri doesn’t even want to talk about it. The only way I could get her to hang out with me is when we eat. She does not want to go shopping with me or even go out for a movie. She locks herself up with her books and study. On the outside she may look like the usual Yuri I had known but I know better.

So I decided to do something. If Yuri, Jonghyun and Mina won’t say a thing then I’m left with the only person who might know something. And that’s Lee Kikwang.

Lucky me I spotted him going into the men’s room so I followed him right away. When I got there Kikwang had gone into one of the stalls, I waited for him to be done. And then came Jonghyun. I was about to ask him why he was here when someone’s phone rang. It was Kikwangs and both us fell silent while we listen to Kikwang talk.

“Yeah I know, she’s definitely pregnant.” We heard him say. Jonghyun’s face hardened as to what reason I have no idea. “I don’t care anymore, she’s no longer my responsibility. I gave her away. I don’t care what happens to her or the pup she’s to pop out. Okay, do whatever you want with her. I’m done taking care of her.”

After a few more minutes Kikwang came out, I stepped a little closer to him but Jonghyun was much more faster than I was and the next I knew he had hit Kikwang’s face.

“YAH! ARE YOU CRAZY?” Kikwang snarled as he holds his bleeding nose.

“You’re the one who’s crazy! How dare you talk like that about her!”

I look at Jonghyun still puzzled by his actions. “Jonghyun what’s going on?”

“Leave the talk later Kibum, I’m going to kill this bastard first!” And another fist landed on Kikwang’s face. I didn’t know Jonghyun could be this strong and I’ve never seen him this angry. Kikwang is taller than him but he was no match for the raging Jonghyun. Of course I tried to hold him back but Jonghyun was just going wild.

Kikwang landed a punch on his chin but Jonghyun kicked him hard and Kikwang was sprawled on the floor.

“Jonghyun stop!” I yelled and thankfully he listened. He was still evidently angry and I was afraid he was going to start again.

“Don’t ever come near her again or I’ll kill you for real.” He wiped the smudge on his face before leaving. Kikwang and I were left.

“Is your friend crazy?!” Kikwang yelled at me. I was about to yell at him too but he really had it bad. I bet he won’t be able to walk properly for a few days. I ran out of the men’s room and tried to find Jonghyun.

 

_

 

“Yuri are you okay?” Mina asked as she helped Yuri out of the bathroom after she had vomited for the second time this morning. She looks too pale and she already suggested that they go to the doctor only Yuri refused.

“I’ll be fine,” Yuri answered and tried to smile. “I just need to rest. Come on now Mina, you’ll be late for school.”

“But I can’t possibly leave you like this,” Mina said helping her lie down.

“Yes you can. I’ll be fine I promise. Don’t worry about me.”

“Why don’t we get you checked first? I’ll go with you to the doctor,” Mina suggested again but Yuri just shook her head.

“I’ll be fine believe me,” Yuri insisted. “Go now, or I’ll call Taemin to come and get you.”

“But Yuri –”

“I promise I’ll call you when I need you. But for now I just need to rest.”

“I’ll come back for lunch,” Mina said at last. “Call me if you need me.”

“Okay, thanks Mina.” She waved goodbye at her best friend and closed her eyes as soon as she heard the door clicked.

_

 

KEY’S POV

Jonghyun just would not listen to me and kept on running. I ran after him but he was just too fast and he got into his car even before I could grab him. So that’s the reason why they broke up. But why would Yuri end up being pregnant with Kikwang’s child? That would mean that they slept together right? Oh this is bad, really bad.

But something’s really suspicious. So I ran inside the building and tried to find Kikwang but he was gone. I tried the clinic too but he was not there as well. Something’s not right. He needs to find Kikwang.

 

 

________

It's a short udpate... 

Please don't kill me...

^______________^