Chapter 41

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

uncommon facts: Did you know that, when an intoxicated person is talking, 65 percent of whatever he/she says is true.
 
 
 
Mina and Dongho spent the whole afternoon together. It was nice seeing him again after all they had good times together and she only had good memories of him. 
 
 
They had a good talk and enjoyed themselves and she was glad he came. For a while she forgot about her heartaches and of Taemn. But once Dongho said goodbye and she was home everything came back. She could still not sleep rightaway even when she is all tired. So she picked a good book to read and laid down on her bed. 
 
Then her phone rings. She could not find it right away and it took a couple of rings before she can pick it up.
 
MINA'S POV
 
"Yeboseyo..."
 
No one answered. Who might be calling me at this time? I check the name but it's just a number. It's not registered on my phone. Who could this be?
 
"Yeboseyo?"
 
Still no answer. How strange. Then something struck me. This could be Taemin. I got nervous all of a sudden. If this is Taemin then what does he want to say?
 
I waited for a while for the other line's answer but still nothing came. And so I tried again.
 
But it seems like the person calling me has no intentions of talking. This could not be Taemin. Maybe it's just a prank or something. Or maybe the one calling just pressed random number and ended up calling me.
 
But it could be Taemin.
 
I wanted to say his name but no words would come out. Could it be him? Why would he use another number? It could not be him. That's impossible since he had not called for days. 
 
Oh no, my phone's dead. I forgot to charge the battery again. Aish, why did it have to happen right now. And to make matters worse I could not find my charger or the extra battery I always keep. Lately I have not been organized and my room looks like a mess. It had been like this after I woke up from being drunk and found Yuri inside my room. I have not cleaned it since then.
 
I looked around for my charger or for the extra battery but I could not find any. After almost an hour I gave up and was so tired that I slept right away once my head hit the pillow.
 
For some weird reason I hope it was not Taemin who called.
 
 
_
 
 
 
"Yuri, do you want to go out on a date?", Jonghyun asked. He's acting strange today. He kept on making her feel good and always taking care of her. Not that he does not take care of her but he's extra nice, if you know what I mean. This made Yuri more uneasy since she had not been honest to him. She tried to say it to him but Kikwang had to pick that time to pass by and ruin the moment. The look on Jonghyun's face says it all. He really hates the guy. 
 
 
"Hey... why are you so quiet there?"
 
"Oh sorry, uhm yeah..."
 
"Yeah what?"
 
"You asked me for a date right?"
 
"Great. We'll leave after your last class. You don't have anything to do after right? I mean no practice or any club meeting or the sort?"
 
"Nope, I'm free today", Yuri lied. She wanted to make him happy to lessen the guilt so she'll just have to miss practice today.
 
"Good."
 
"Hey did I hear date?", Key said from behind Jonghyun. He quickly took a seat beside him.
 
"What are you doing here?", Jonghyun asked. Lately Key had been very active in interrupting his time with Yuri. 
 
"Wae? Am I not allowed here?", Key said looking hurt, Yuri cant' help but smile at how cute he acted.
 
"Where's Sohyun?", Yuri asked before Jonghyun could talk. Once they bicker it's hard to stop them so you have to block it right away.
 
"She's doing some research at the library with Mina", Key answered. "You know I can't stand those stuff and they are very serious with it. I can't be with them for another minute and I just have to leave."
 
"Then just go home", Jonghyun said.
 
"I don't want to. I want to stay and chat", Key said.
 
"Find Onew hyung", Jonghyun said.
 
"I can't find him."
 
"Call him."
 
"I don't want to - "
 
"Then just go somewhere else."
 
"Don't want. I want to stay here with Yuri. It's not like I came to see you. It's Yuri I want", said Key which annoyed Jonghyun more. He even stood up and transfered seats so he could sit with Yuri.
 
"Yah!", Jonghyun yelled and swat his arm away. Key tried to put his arm around Yuri.
 
"Yah! That hurt!", Key said rubbing the part where Jonghyun's hit landed.
 
"Stop it you two, you both look silly", Yuri said laughing.
 
"No one can do that to her but me. Nobody touches my girl but me", Jonghyun stated looking so serious that Key can't help but laugh at him.
 
"Aigoo ~ Mr. Kim Jonghyun won't share his girl", Key went on teasing him. "But I just want to go on a date with you."
 
"Are you crazy? Who would want a date with his girlfriend with you around?"
 
"Yuri... please say yes. I really want to go out and have some fun. Everything seemed boring after Taemin and Minho left for the camp.
 
"Well.."
 
"Yuri don't even think about it, he's going to ruin our date!"
 
"DATE??", Onew arrived at that exact time and when he heard the word date he had this big smile on his face.
 
"Oh no not you too!"
 
"Hyung!", Key happily greeted Onew and they exchanged mischievious looks. 
 
"It's a group date!", Key and Onew shouted together.
 
"Hey there's Mina and Sohyun!", Onew said. The two girls approached them.
 
"Why do you look so happy?", Mina asked Key.
 
"Because we're going to have a group date!", Key said and now even Sohyun and Mina are going to join them.
 
"Aish, these troublesome idiots", Jonghyun muttered. Suddenly he felt a tug on his arm.
 
"Don't worry, it's more fun this way."
 
"But, I want to have a special night with you."
 
"Yah Jonghyun, you ert!", Key yelled when he heard what Jonghyun said.
 
"What?!"
 
"You want to be alone with her tonight! It seems like you are planning something...", Key said with a knowing look even Onew joined in.
 
"Kim Jonghyun don't be a ert -"
 
"Yah who said I'm planning something bad? I'm not planning anything like what you think!", Jonghyun was quick to deny this.
 
"Oh okay, then it should be fine with you that we're having a group date", Key said finally.
 
The other four planned on where they were going first and agreed to meet up after class. Jonghyun had no choice in the end since even Yuri had been persuaded.
 
He wanted to spend some time with her, make something special for her. Show her just how much he loves her since he's not able to say that in words often. But Key just had to ruin it.
 
"Jonghyun, smile!", Key said and took a picture of now grumpy Jonghyun. He'll make Key pay later.
 
 
 
 
______________________
 
 
I planned to post this last night but I fell asleep T_T sorry guys :)
thanks for leaving comments and Taemin has something to say too:
 
 
i'm watching shinee's hello baby :)
any shows with them u want to recommend?
 
enjoy ur weekend guys