Chapter 22

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

Yuri was fixing her things in her bag when Jonghyun arrived. She didn't notice him at first. Everyone left after practice and she was left alone in the room.
 
Done for the day?", Jonghyun asked he got closer to her. Yuri turned to him and stood up straight before grabbing her bag. She saw the bruise on his jaw and can't help but feel a slight guilt on adding to his injury with a slap.
 
"What are you doing here?", Yuri asked looking annoyed to hide her happines upon seeing him. She was worried he wouldn't show up today. She didn't see him all morning and he was not with them at lunch time.
 
"Did you miss me?", Jonghyun teased. "Key said you asked him for my whereabouts all throughout lunch time."
 
"I did not!", Yuri snapped and walked out of the room with Jonghyun following her.
 
"Let me help you with that", Jonghyun offered and tried to get the bag from Yuri. She didn't want him to carry her bag but Jonghyun insisted.
 
"Let's grab something to eat before I send you home", Jonghyun said trailing behind Yuri.
 
"Who said you'll send me home?", Yuri retorted. She went to her locker. "Yah where are my books?"
 
"Still in my car. You have to come with me if you want them back."
 
"I need them tonight", Yuri said.
 
"So you need to come with me", Jonghyun grab her hand. "Come on." It's the same car they used yesterday. Jonghyun put her things on the backseat. "Get in", he said to Yuri. He drove a couple of blocks from the campus and parked in front of a restaurant. Jonghyun got out first without saying anything Yuri followed him inside.
 
Once seated a waiter gave them the menu. Jonghyun ordered first and asked Yuri what she'll have. When the waiter left Jonghyun didn't say a thing which somehow worried Yuri. She waited for him to say something but he remained still and quiet.
 
Jonghyun tried not to laugh seeing how uncomfortable Yuri is. He stole glances of her once she looks away from him. She looks so cute waiting for him to say something. Their food arrived and once the waiter left JOnghyun started eating still not saying a thing.
 
"Yah... Jonghyun", Yuri broke the silence. She can't take it anymore but Jonghyun just continued eating. "Hey dinohead!"
 
He put his fork down and drank some water before looking at her. "What?"
 
"Why are you so quiet all of a sudden?", she asked annoyed at how good he looks right now with just a simple shirt.
 
"I thought you'd prefer me being quiet while we eat", Jonghyun said and started eating again. "What's wrong?" Yuri didn't touch her food.
 
"Nothing just eat", she said and ate her food. She glared at Jonghyun when he was not looking.
 
"Uhm.. Key's party is tomorrow. You're still coming right?", Jonghyun asked after a while.
 
Yuri remained quiet not giving an answer. She kept on eating ignorng Jonghyun.
 
"Yah I'm asking you a question", Jonghyun said.
 
"Stop talking to me and eat", Yuri said harshly but Jonghyun just smirked.
 
 
 
YURI'S POV
 
 
I thought I'm going to suffocate from the silence all throughout dinner. Jonghyun never said a thing after I told him to stop talking.
 
"I'll just take the bus", I said once we're out and beside his car.
 
"Are you sure?", Jonghyun asked me raising both of his brows. "I think it's gonna rain."
 
"Nah it won't", I said to him I thought he's gonna argue over this but he got my things from his car and handed them to me.
 
"Okay then, take care", he said to me even patting my head. He walked back to the driver's seat. "See you at Key's party", he said before getting into his car.
 
He left me there and went off. Arghhh!!! Dinohead you pabo! I made my way to the bus stop. Then tiny drops started to fall. " it's raining....", I muttered as I ran to the bus stop making sure my books are covered so they won't get wet. When I got to the bus stop a familiar car was waiting.
 
"I told you it'd rain", Jonghyun said opening the car for me. "Get in." I had no choice but to do just that. "Look at you, all wet", he said and chuckled a little.
 
"Yah! Don't you dare make fun of me", I snapped at him. "Who says I am?", he said. He took out some tissues and started wiping my face.
 
"I can do that", I grab the tissue from him. He took a jacket from the backseat and handed it to me.
 
"Wear this",he said and got the car started. I did not talk to him even when we got to my apartment. "Do you want to got to Key's party together?", he asked before I can get out of his car.
 
"No, thanks for the ride", I said to him without looking. I left his jacket on the seat and took off.
 
______________________________
 
KEY'S PARTY
 
 
Jonghyun is already in Key's party waiting for Yuri bt she did not show up yet. Mina's already here and so is Taemin and the new girl Sohyun. Onew is already flirting with girls with Key.
 
"Don't worry Jonghyun she'll be here", Mina said to him all of a sudden he didn't even notice her sitting beside him. Why isn't she with Taemin?
 
"Uhm I don't know what you're saying", Jonghyun said taking a sip of his drink.
 
"Yuri called me a while ago and said she'll be here in a minute", Mina said looking at Jonghyun with curiosity. "I know you're waiting for her. Don't bother denying it."
 
Jonghyun didn't answer instead he drank everything that is on his glass. 
 
"Look there she is!"
 
He turned to where Mina is looking and there was Yuri with Minho. Why are they together?
 
"Hey Mina!", Yuri greeted her friend and ignored Jonghyun.
 
"It's good that you're here, Jonghyun here was wait - ", Mina never got to finish what she wanted to say 'cause Jonghyun covered .
 
"Why don't you go to Taemin Mina, he's calling you", said Jonghyun. He still did not remove his hand on Mina's mouth.
 
"Yah! What are you doing?", Yuri said seeing Mina struggle. Minho was just amused at how JOnghyun was acting then Taemin came.
 
"What's wrong hyung?", Taemi said when he saw them.
 
"Nothing!", JOnghyun said letting go of Mina right away. "Why don't you and Mina eat first? She said she is hungry."
 
"Really? Why didn't you say earlier", Taemin said taking Mina by the arm. "Come on let's get some food."
 
"What's up with you two?", Yuri asked when Mina and Taemin left.
 
"Nothing!", Jonghyun answered right away.
 
"But she was trying to say something then you covered ", Yuri went on.
 
"She was trying to say JOnghyun here had been waiting for you", Minho said and earned a glare from Jonghyun. "I'll just go greet Key." Minho left the two of them before Jonghyun could say anything.
 
"Uhm... why were you with Minho?", Jonghyun asked after a while.
 
"He called me last night ad offered me a ride", Yuri answered.
 
"Yah! I asked you yesterday but you refused. Why would you go with Minho? Wae?", Jonghyun said getting all pissed.
 
"Cause I want to!", Yuri said simply.
 
"You want to? Do you like him or something?", Jonghyun can't help saying.
 
"Bwoh? Who are yo to ask me? And what's it to you if I like another guy?", Yuri said getting pissed off too.
 
"YAH! I just told you I like you and you're ignoring me!" Others turn to look at them. They're talking a bit louder now.
 
"SO? Am I suppose to like you back just because you said you like me?", Yuri said.
 
Jonghyun jus stared at her. Yuri glared at him before leaving.
 
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________
 
finally updated! ^___________^ hope u guys like it... i'm kinda losing my touch here...
 
comments? suggestions? ANYTHING AT ALL????
HEHEHE......
 
PLEASE READ AND ENJOY!!!