Chapter 52

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

 

“Key where did you get those?”, Jonghyun asked as he helped Key get the refreshments and chips from the kitchen. Key had just gotten some beer.

 

“Onew and I brought them”, Key answered simply.

 

“And why?”, Jonghyun asked again.

 

“To drink them duh!”, Key answered impatiently.

 

“Don’t get smart with me! Why’d you bring them?”, Jonghyun continued to ask.

 

“Jonghyun, it’s your birthday and we need to party!”, Key answered happily. “Get it?”

 

“Yah! Are you planning something?”, Jonghyun said seeing the look on Key’s face just then Onew entered and grabbed the cans from Key.

 

“This is going to be fun!”, Onew muttered and went out again without a glance at Jonghyun. Key followed him quickly before Jonghyun could mutter a word again.

 

The living room is now filled with music and Yuri, Sohyun and Dongho were clearly enjoying themselves dancing in the center. Mina was content on just watching them and she remained seated on the couch with Minnie.

 

“Hey guys grab one!”, Onew offered them beer. Jonghyun watched as Yuri got one and also Hana.

 

Mina also got up and tried to get one but Taemin got their first. “Are you sure you’ll drink?”, he asked her and she nodded with a smile. “But –“

 

“Yah Taemin, it’s just beer!”, Onew shouted at them.

 

“I know but it came from you guys”, Taemin muttered under his breath but had let Mina get a can of beer he also got one for himself. Mina secretly enjoyed Taemin acting like the hyung among all of them, he constantly monitors their drink.

 

“Yuri”, Jonghyun approached his girlfriend and joined the others in dancing. Key handed Sohyun a can.

 

The night went on, Key and Onew continued on playing hosts and got more beer and snacks from the kitchen. Mina had stopped drinking after one can although she still wanted another one Taemin’s look of disapproval prevented her on getting another drink. Even Sohyun was not allowed to drink more than one can of beer.

 

Yuri now had her third can of beer in her hand while she chats with Dongho. Jonghyun, Hana, Sohyun and Onew are now playing cards, Hana was clearly winning and had them paying with their money.

 

“Minho”, Key handed Minho another can and the latter accepted it. Key then shared a grin with Onew.

 

“Is this your idea of a game?”, Minho asked Key while they watch Hana collect some money she won.

 

“Wae? Everyone seems to be having fun”, Key answered looking away as Minho turned suspicious eyes on him.

 

“You’re planning something”, Minho stated.

 

“Yah, we only want to have some fun for Jonghyun’s birthday”, Key defended. “What can a little alcohol do huh?”

 

“I don’t know, it’s not the alcohol but it’s you I’m worried about”, Minho bluntly said still looking suspicious of Onew.

 

“Aish you think too much”, Onew said and handed him another beer which Minho still took.

 

The card game continued with Hana and Yuri winning. All of them had a lot of drinks except for Taemin, Sohyun and Mina of course. Taemin made sure that everyone got to their own room. Mina had a hard time convincing Yuri to get inside their room since she clearly wanted to win the chicken fight with Onew who insisted on being the Chicken King himself and kept on bragging that he can eat 100 drumsticks in just 5 minutes.

 

“Sohyun, are you sure you can carry Hana to your room?”, Taemin asked his sister as he himself helped Jonghyun get up.

 

“Neh, I can manage she’s not heavy at all”, Sohyun said and said goodnight to Taemin.

 

Once Taemin got all the boys inside their respective rooms he knocked on Mina’s room to check on them. A sleepy but smiling Mina opened the door for him.

 

“Have you deposited everyone?” Mina joked looking at her tired but still handsome boyfriend.

 

“I think so”, Taemin answered. “Uhm Yuri’s asleep?” Mina nodded her head. “Good.”

 

“Huh?”, Mina thought she saw him grin but dismissed it.

 

“Goodnight then”, Taemin said instead and peck her on the lips.

 

“Make sure you lock your door Mina.”

 

Both Taemin and Mina jumped when they heard Key who was standing behind Taemin with a silly grin plastered on his face.

 

“Hyung! You’re supposed to be sleeping already”, Taemin scolded Key.

 

“Yah! Aren’t you supposed to be sleeping as well?”, Key retorted. “I got thirsty and Onew just kicked me out bed. He wanted to sleep on my bed instead. Why can’t I share a room with you and Minho?”

 

Taemin’s eyes widened when he heard Minho’s name. He forgot about him.

 

“What’s wrong?”, Mina touched Taemin’s arm.

 

“Minho hyung, he’s not in our room”, Taemin said trying to think why he’d missed out Minho.

 

“Oh don’t worry he’s with Sohyun”, Key said simply.

 

“What?!”,  Taemin screamed so loud Mina jumped then he ran downstairs as fast as his feet could carry him.

 

“What’s wrong with him?”, Mina asked as she made a start to follow Taemin. She thinks Taemin’s over reacting.

 

“Oh, you don’t know do you?”, Key said suppressing a laugh.

 

“Don’t know what?”, Mina stopped walking and turned to Key.

 

“Minho is drunk”, Key said.

 

Of course Mina knows that already. “And…?”

 

“Well he kisses anyone near him when he’s drunk”, Key blurted out as they heard Taemin screamed downstairs.

 

“Told you”, Key said as he and Mina hurried downstairs.

 

 

___________________

 

Hi dear friends, readers, subscribers ^^
 

The story is nearing it's end and I hope you guys stay until the last chapter :)

I'd have to think about the request for a one shot for Taemin and Mina, don't hope too much since I'm not yet confident on writing plus when I started the story with "BECAUSE OF A BET" with Taemin and Mina I'd decided not to make any for the couple. Maybe a tease but not really rated...(LOL what am i saying O_O)

 

updates would be rare for now since I'm trying to reread the story for a better ending ^^

YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS LOVED AND THANK YOU FOR STILL READING THE FIC EVEN THOUGH MY RECENT UPDATES WERE SHORT ^^