Chapter 9

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Myungsoo's POV~

"Woohyun!" I shouted his name while putting on my blazer. "Yah Woohyun!"
 
"Young Master, did you forget that Woohyun had left?" halmeoni reminded me. I groaned and sat on my bed. "Did you need help with anything?"
 
"My tie...I can't tie it," I said a bit embarrassed, but I didn't show it. Halmeoni smiled and walked up to me, helping me tie it. 
 
"You should already know how to tie your own tie," halmeoni said as I turned away. 
 
"I was never taught how to do it," I replied. 
 
"That's because you never ask for help," halmeoni said. "Whenever you have the time, I'd be more than happy to teach you how to tie your tie."
 
I smiled and shook my head. "I like it when others do it for me. Less work you know."
 
"Working in this household for 31 years, 'less work' wasn't even a phrase," she said with a gentle laugh. 
 
"31 years? How old are you now halmeoni?" I asked, tilting my head interested. 
 
"I'm now 63 years old. I've been working since the age of 32," she said, taking me by shock. 
 
"Shouldn't you be enjoying life now?" I then asked, making her smile. 
 
"I am," she answered. 
 
"It doesn't seem like it. Being a maid wouldn't make me happy," I said as she backed away, done tying my tie. 
 
"It does for me. As long as I'm earning enough money to support myself and my husband's medical bills, its enough to make me happy," she said. "Well, I should going back to my duties. Have a good day Young Master."
 
I watched her leave my room, closing the door as she walked out. I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror, then looked at the tie. "Why do they always make it look easy?"
 
After getting dressed up, I walked down to the living room to see Haneul and her parents with my parents. 
 
"Oh, Myungsoo-ah," my mother said, standing up from her seat. She walked up to me and smile. "Greet them son."
 
I bowed and greeted them, then took a seat next to Haneul. I looked at her to see her in a pretty floral dress, her hair in loose curls. 
 
"Shall we get going? I'm sure the restaurant is waiting for our appearance," my mother said, getting up with Haneul's parents. I got up as well and helped appa up to his feet. 
 
"Will you be able to come along?" I asked him as he nodded. "Are you sure?"
 
"I'm sure Myungsoo," he said and patted my back, walking out the door with them. I looked behind me at Haneul and held my hand out for her to take it. 
 
"Let's get going," I said with a smile. She returned a smile and hesitantly grabbed my hand. 
 
We arrived at the Paradise Restaurant with it completely empty. It was either my mother had asked it to be completely empty when she reserved a table or business is just going slow. A waiter led us to our table and began taking our drink orders. 
 
3rd Person POV~
 
"Haneul, I heard you're going to be majoring in the medical field, am I right?" Mrs. Nam asked her. 
 
"I plan to, but since I'm going to be marrying Myungsoo and be helping out with the family businesses, it'll be hard to do so," she answered with a sweet smile. 
 
"Oh don't let Myungsoo get in the way," Mrs. Nam laughed while Myungsoo looked at his mother, like he didn't know who she was. "I also heard you're musically talented. You play the piano, right?"
 
"Yes. I also play the cello," Haneul replied. Mrs. Nam was amazed and smiled widely. 
 
"Myungsoo can play the guitar very well, can't you dear?" Mrs. Nam asked Myungsoo, who continued to give her that same 'I-don't-know-who-you-are' look. She gave him a warning look and he slowly nodded. 
 
"Yeah, I play the guitar quite well," he said with a forced smile. 
 
"Really?" Mr. and Mrs. Park said with amazement. "We'd like to hear you play one day."
 
"Soon enough you will," he said and looked at Haneul. "I'd like to hear you play the piano. There's one over in the corner."
 
"Yeah, play for us Haneul," Mrs. Nam said. Haneul looked at Myungsoo, who gave her his poker face, then turned to her parents, who told her to do it. She got up and sat by the piano, laying her fingers on the black and white keys then sighed. 
 
"What do I play?" she whispered to herself, then began playing whatever she could think of that was good and short.
 
EXO-Baby Don't Cry (Piano Version)
 
Myungsoo was amazed at her talent and watched with round eyes. Her parents gave her the proud parent look while Myungsoo's parents were amazed and speechless like him. She finished the piece and smiled, satisfied. They clapped for her as she got up and went to sit back down to join them. 
 
"That was amazing Haneul," Mr. Nam said, clapping the loudest. 
 
"That's our daughter," Mr. Park said, hugging her. 
 
"How long have you've been playing?" Mrs. Nam asked. 
 
"Since the 3rd grade," Haneul answered. 
 
"Wow, you were so young," Mrs. Nam said and smiled. The food then came and they ate, chit chatting away. 
 
After lunch/dinner, Myungsoo and Haneul's parents gave them some alone time at the Han River. They walked side by side in silence, only hearing the water flow by and the by passers speaking to one another. 
 
"I want to know your thoughts on this marriage," Myungsoo spoke, breaking their silence. 
 
"The marriage?" Haneul asked as he nodded. "Mmmm...it's not the way I would want to get married, but if its business purposes then what can I do? Knowing my parents, I'd have to no matter what. They won't listen to what I have to say."
 
Myungsoo nodded in understanding, cause it was the exact for him. They stopped at an empty bench and sat down, looking at the sunset by the mountains from afar. 
 
"I've said my thoughts, what are yours?" she then asked. He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees and rubbing his hands together. 
 
"I don't know honestly. I'm not ready to marry, not that we are anytime soon, but I'm still young and so are you. Aren't you supposed to love the person you marry too? We don't love each other, so I have a feeling our marriage won't last long," Myungsoo said with a light scoff. 
 
"We don't know yet if love has come to us or not," she said as he looked at her. 
 
"Love? You and me?" he asked while she just shrugged and turned away. "I guess we'll see if this love you speak of, will come or not. But do you really think I could love someone like you?"
 
She looked at him then sighed, placing her hands under her thighs, kicking her legs off the bench. "And what's so great about you? Remember that you're lower than me by a bunch, so I'm the one who will be making you and your family look better."
 
Myungsoo was hurt by that and so he scoffed in annoyance and glared at her. "That's right, a spoiled, rich girl like you is not the lovable type. Now I know we won't last long in this marriage and I know I won't fall for someone like you."
 
With that he stood up and walked away, leaving Haneul speechless and hot with rage. 
 
"Who exactly does she/he think she/he is?" they both said at the same time, but with the distance between them none of them heard the other.  
 
Haneul took a taxi home while Myungsoo walked all the way home. She reached her house and immediately went straight up into her room, ignoring her mother and father; even Luhan and Minah. Meanwhile, Myungsoo went straight to the liquor storage room and took out some red wine, pouring it out into a unique wine glass. 
 
"I've never been this mad at a girl before," Myungsoo said as he chugged the wine. "I never get mad like this, but why do I suddenly get mad now? It's probably because she insulted me. Bwoh? Lower than her? Tch, she can keep dreaming. With this handsome face, I can get more money than from what she and her family earns. And love her? Ha, love is only child's play. There is no such thing as love."
 
Myungsoo was getting hotter by the minute and chugged down the whole wine bottle. 
 
"Park Haneul, I will make you see that I am not lower than you and that I will never love you," Myungsoo firmly said. 
 
"You gotta stop talking to yourself and get some real friends," Sungjong said coming into the storage room, grabbing some wine. 
 
"What are you doing with those?" Myungsoo asked. 
 
"Drinking, what else?" Sungjong said and left with 2 bottles of wine. 
 
"Yah! You're underage!" Myungsoo shouted and ran his fingers through his hair. "I swear, I'm going crazy!"
 
"Not only do you need friends, but you need help," Sungjong said, popping his head back into the room then left. Myungsoo took in a deep breath and rubbed his eyes, groaning. 
 
"Maybe I do need help," he said and went up to his room to rest. 
 
Haneul laid in bed and played with her phone when Luhan walked in. 
 
"You haven't come out for 4 hours," he said, sitting at the edge of her bed. "I brought up warm milk since you usually drink it before bed."
 
She sat up and took the glass of milk, chugging it with anger. Luhan took the glass from her and wiped clean. "Sis, slow down. What's with you today?"
 
"That Nam Myungsoo," she said through clenched teethes. "He's the problem."
 
"Your husband?" Luhan asked as she glared at him. 
 
"He's not even close to that yet," she said and laid back in her bed. "Oppa, what do I do? I don't think I can marry that jerk."
 
"Then don't, it's that easy," Luhan said with a sweet smile. 
 
"But umma and appa are forcing me to," she said with a pout, which he chuckled at. 
 
"Then don't complain and do as they say," he said. 
 
"But-"
 
"No complaining," he said with a finger up to his lip. "I'm sure things will work out between the two of you. Slowly, you two will be inseparable."
 
"My ," she muttered, earning a pinch at the arm. "Oppa!"
 
"You still haven't grown up yet Haneul," he said with a head shake. "Arguing and hating each other is only the beginning of love, but only unique and special relationships start like that."
 
"I don't think I'm one of those, I mean I hate that guy to death," she said, crossing her arms. 
 
"Don't say that Haneul. Hate is a strong word," Luhan said and got off the bed. "But don't hate him for he didn't do anything wrong to you."
 
"He was born, that's the thing he did wrong," she muttered as Luhan rolled his eyes. 
 
"You obviously aren't taking this serious," he said and walked to the door. "Just do what you need to Haneul, wether its staying with him or not. It's not any of my business."
 
"Some brother you are," she said with a little smile. 
 
"I'm one of a kind, one you can't find," he said with a wink and smiled. "Just get some sleep to let out some steam sis. Night."
 
"Goodnight oppa," Haneul said and watched the door close. She sighed and rolled to her side, laying her head on her arms. "Why did I even get mad at Myungsoo for? For him not wanting to love me?"