Chapter 2

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Woohyun's POV~ **Abeoji means father formal.**

"Woohyun, iron my suit!"
 
"Woohyun, feed Jolie!"
 
"Woohyun, where are my shoes?!"
 
"Woohyun, go buy me a pack of beer!"
 
"WOOHYUN!!!!"
 
I plugged my ears and mentally shouted my lungs out when someone poked me. I looked to my side and saw Sunggyu standing there. 
 
"Woohyun, go buy me some mangas," he asked as I groaned. "Hurry or else they'll sell out, it's the latest one."
 
"Yes Sunggyu-ssi," I replied and headed down the stairs to put on a pair of shoes when Sungyeol snatched it away from me. 
 
"Yah, what are you doing taking my shoes like that?" Sungyeol asked, pouting. 
 
"Those are my shoes," I said as he rolled his eyes and walked away from me. "My only pair of shoes..."
 
I sighed and looked down to the slippers I was wearing and decided to go out with it. I called for a taxi and went to the comic book shop to look for some weird anime book Sunggyu was currently reading. I purposely wasted my time on finding it when I did, but I acted as if I didn't see it. I walked around some more when I bumped into some guy. 
 
"Oh, I'm sorry," he said with a smile that seemed to glow. 
 
"Uh, no I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you," I said and smiled back, bowing. I walked away when he grabbed my arm, making me jump a bit. 
 
"I couldn't help but notice you walking around this area. Is there a certain book you're looking for?" he asked as I blinked at him. I looked at his chest and noticed he was an employee.
 
"Uhm, I was just-"
 
My phone interrupted me and so I answered it. 
 
"Hello?" I answered. 
 
"YAH! How long are you going to take?!" I heard Sunggyu shout on the other end. "Umma wants you to hurry up and serve us for breakfast!"
 
"Okay, I'll be there in a bit," I replied and hung up without a goodbye. I sighed and grabbed the book he wanted. 
 
"I'd like to buy this book," I said to the employee as he smiled and went to the cashier. After buying it I was leaving when I bumped into a girl. 
 
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you," I said with a smile. The girl smiled back and went up to the guy who was helping me earlier. I had to be honest, she was gorgeous. 
 
----------
 
"Woohyun, give me my pills," my father said, laying on his bed. I nodded and went into the bathroom cabinet to grab it, but I couldn't find it. 
 
"Abeoji, I can't seem to-"
 
Once I entered his room Myungsoo was helping him with his medicine. 
 
"I knew I could always count on you," my father said to Myungsoo, who faintly smiled. I my dry lips and slowly left his room, looking back to them. Abeoji looked so happy having Myungsoo with him. 
 
"Woohyun, hurry up and bring us our breakfast!" my step-mother, or should I say Madam, shouted from the stairs.  
 
"Yes ma'am," I said and shut my father's bedroom door. I walked into the kitchen and saw halmeoni carry out a heavy load of food. "Halmeoni, I can take it from here."
 
"It's okay Woohyun-ah," she softly said with a smile, but I refused. I took the tray from her and set it on a cart. 
 
"At least use this cart. It's better than taking it out by hand and its tiring," I said, fixing the food up. "Well, I'll take these out first."
 
I walked out the kitchen with the food and entered the dining room to see them all chatting. Once I entered though it went silent and a tense atmosphere was in the air. I swallowed and gently set the food on the table as they watched me. 
 
"Woohyun," Madam said as I looked up to her. "Give me a glass a wine when you're finished."
 
"Yes ma'am," I replied and bowed to them, taking my leave. I searched for the wine, but there was nine left. I even checked in the wine storage room and still there was none. "Where could they be?"
 
I went back to the dining room an saw Myungsoo with the bottle of wine. Madam was smiling and happily watched her son pour the red, rich liquid into her glass cup. 
 
"You're the best Myungsoo. Even better than our servant," Madam cooed, pinching his cheeks. He didn't smile and had a poker face on. 
 
"He's not just a servant," Myungsoo said and looked at me, making he stiffen in my place from having eye contact with him. "Woohyun."
 
"Yes Myugsoo-ssi," I answered. He raised the bottle of wine up and looked at it. 
 
"We need more. Go into town and buy some," he said as I nodded and walked away when he called my name. "I'll give you money. Your pay probably can't even afford one since these brand are very expensive."
 
"I can't accept your money-"
 
"Take it," Myungsoo said handing me some money. "I insist."
 
I slowly nodded and headed out the door. I deeply exhaled and looked at the money I held in my hand. I narrowed my eyes at it holding it would just burn, but it didn't; so I crumpled it up and let it fall to the ground. 
 
"When will I be able to leave from all of this?"
 
Myungsoo's POV~
 
"Honey, sit down and join us," my mother sweetly said, gently patting the table. 
 
"No thanks, I have things to do today," I replied and left the house. I noticed some money laying on the pavement and smirked. "Still not accepting the money?"
 
I picked them up and straightened them out, putting them safely in my wallet. "More money for me then."
 
I walked down the paved driveway when I saw a girl looking at our house. I decided to sneak up on her or at least scare her away. 
 
"What are you doing here?" I asked from behind her, making her jump. She turned around, making her hair fly and her face glow. She was wearing a white and pastel pink uniform, probably a student. She rounded her eyes and opened to say something. "Answer me, I have things to do."
 
"U-uh, are you Nam Myungsoo?" she asked as I blinked down at her. 
 
"No, I'm Kim Myungsoo," I replied. She blinked and looked down to a piece of paper she was holding. 
 
"Is this not the right address then?" she whispered, loud enough that I heard and looked up at me. "Well, I guess I made a mistake. Sorry for wasting your time."
 
She was walking away when I grabbed her wrist. "My step-father's surname is Nam. Maybe I am the Myungsoo you're looking for."
 
I brought her in the house as my mother saw us and smiled, opening her arms for a hug. I backed away and his behind the girl, not wanting a hug when I just her 5 minutes ago. 
 
"Haneul~" my mother sung, hugging the girl. 
 
"You two know each other?" 
 
"D-do I know you?" the girl and I asked at the same time. 
 
"Of course we do, right **myeoneuri?" my mother said as we both gasped. 
 
"BWOH?!?!?"
 
**myeoneuri means daughter-in-law.