Chapter 44

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

Haneul's POV~
 
It's been 3 days already since Woohyun's been gone. I really did miss him, but I knew he was going to come back soon. It's was also my winter break too, but so far I've spent it with Myungsoo. Today was another little date with him, this time we're going ice skating. Also, today was the day Luhan goes back to China to check up on the other businesses. I don't know how long he'll be gone for, but I know he won't be with us for Christmas and for New Years. 
 
"Haneul, Myungsoo's here already," Luhan said knocking on my bedroom door. 
 
"Oh okay, I'll be out soon," I said and buttoned up my jacket before walking out of my bedroom. Luhan looked at me and smiled. 
 
"Have fun today and don't come home late," he said as I smiled back and nodded. 
 
"I will and don't worry, I'll make it back in time before you leave back to China," I said and hugged him. "I'm going now."
 
I walked down the stairs and saw Myungsoo smiling up at me. 
 
"Are you ready to have fun today?" he asked as I nodded. "That's good. Lets get going then."
 
I nodded and followed him to his car, getting in then drove off. 
 
"How's abeoji's health?" I asked while watching the tall buildings zoom by. 
 
"He's actually getting better," he replied with a smile. "Is Sungsoo and your housekeeper not back yet?"
 
"Nope, Woohyun and Sungsoo won't be back for another week and a half," I said as he nodded. "It's a bit lonely without them."
 
"Do you miss them then?" Myungsoo asked, turning a corner. 
 
"Of course I do. They're both important people in my life, why wouldn't I?" I said with a smile, placing my hand over the necklace I received from Woohyun. 
 
"If I was to go away for some time, would you miss me?" he then asked, making me look at him. "Well, would you?"
 
"Of course, you are my fiancé after all," I softly answered, feeling my heart tighten. 
 
"Really?" he asked, looking at me with soft eyes. "More than him?"
 
"Him?" I asked as he turned to face towards the road. 
 
"It's nothing, as long as you know I'm still your fiancé then that's all that matters," he said and soon then we reached the skating rank. 
 
We both got out of the car and walked in to see couples and families skating happily together. 
 
"Everyone here looks happy here," I said with a soft smile while watching people skate. 
 
"Maybe it's because they have someone important with them here today to enjoy the day with," Myungsoo said also watching people skate by. "I know I'll be able to enjoy today because I'm with you."
 
I looked up to him and warmly smiled before buying our skates. I slid mine on and was about to tie the lace when Myungsoo bent down, tying it for me. 
 
"I can tie my own lace," I said grabbing his hands, but he refused. "You don't have to treat me like a child you know."
 
"I know, but just look at you. You have the face of a child and not only that but a child's body," he teased making me hit his arm. 
 
"Yah, I'm still growing okay?" I said as he laughed a soft laugh. "Either way I'm still a woman."
 
"Of course you are," he said and stood up after tying my skates. He then stood behind me and surprisingly back hugged me with his arms hanging loosely around my neck, soon wrapping them around me. 
 
"You're my woman," he softly said into my ear as I felt my heart racing and the tiny hairs on the back of my neck stand up. He then let go of me and stood up. "Lets get going now. I really want to see you fall once we get on the ice."
 
"Bwoh? Yah! I can skate perfectly fine," I said, making him laugh once again. 
 
"I was just kidding," he chuckled and grabbed my hand, pulling me up. "Now let's go and have fun."
 
I smiled and we both walked out onto the ice rank still holding hands. 
 
"Myungsoo, do you even know how to skate?" I asked once we set foot on the ice. 
 
"A little bit," he said with a shaky voice, feeling his grip on my hand tighten. 
 
"Really? Then it'll be fine if I let go of your hand right?" I asked and without his answer, I let go to have him fall flat on his . I laughed and watched him struggle to get up. 
 
"Yah, how can you just let go like that?!" he asked while pulling himself up using the side of the rank. 
 
"I don't know, maybe because you kept teasing me about falling?" I stated while skating away from him. 
 
"Haneul! Don't skate away! Come help me!" he shouted with fear. I stopped and twirled around to see him wobbling along the rank's border. 
 
"You're such a child," I said shaking my head and skated up to him. "Give me your hand."
 
He grinned and grabbed my hand, pulling me up against him. 
 
"I was just playing around. I'm a perfect skater," he playfully said and hugged me. "I'm so happy to have such a caring fiancé~!"
 
"Yeah whatever, but you're suffocating me," I said pushing him away and once I did, I started hitting him. "You idiot! Why did you lie?! I was actually having fun thinking you were worse than me so that I can tease you!"
 
He only laughed at me while I hit him. 
 
"You can stop hitting me," he said and grabbed both my wrist. "Should I pretend to not know how to skate then?"
 
"There's no fun in that now," I said and tried to free myself, but he pulled me into another hug. 
 
"We don't need to have fun with me faking everything," he softly said. "Let's have fun, for real."
 
He let go of the hug and held my hand, then skated off with me following behind. His hands were warm and soft in mine, but it didn't feel right to be holding his hand. 
 
"Haneul, let's have a race around the rank," Myungsoo suggested as I rounded my eyes. 
 
"What, why? There's so many people around, I don't want to bump into anyone," I said, making him chuckle. 
 
"Even better," he said and pulled me to the side. "Rules are, I let you have a head start of 5 seconds, then once I win you buy me dinner."
 
"Tch, like I'll let you win," I smirked and pushed him aside, skating away with all my might. I glanced back to see if he was behind me, but just then he skated right past me. The cool breeze past by and I watched him skate further and further away from me. 
 
"How can he be so fast?" I questioned and felt that it was useless to try and win. I caught up to him at the finish line, breathing heavily. 
 
"Ha! I won!" he laughed with his arms up in the air of victory. "Now you owe me dinner!"
 
"Aish, fine. Where do you want to go?" I asked as he grabbed my hand. 
 
"Anywhere you want to go, as long as I'm with you," he said with a sweet smile. "Should we go now cause I'm starting to get hungry."
 
"I am too," I said and he led me out of the rank. We both took off our skates and returned them at the front counter. 
 
"Mmm, let's go eat some seafood," I suggested as we were walking back to the car. 
 
"Seafood? Like sushi?" he asked as I nodded. 
 
"Do you like sushi?" I asked. 
 
"Sure you can say so," he smiled and entered the car as I did too. He drove off to find a good sushi place to eat. 
 
"I noticed that necklace you've been wearing," Myungsoo said, glancing at me. 
 
"Oh, yeah Woohyun gave it to me," I said with a smile while brushing my fingers over it. "It's pretty isn't it?"
 
"No, I don't think it suits you very well," he replied with a strong, hard face. "Because it's from another man."
 
"And if Sungsoo was to give me a necklace, you'd act like this too?" I asked him. He glanced at me again and placed his right hand over min hands that laid on my lap. 
 
"Of course I would because it's still from another man. This ring I bought you means that you're mine," he said, interlocking our fingers while rubbing his thumb over the infinite ring. "I'll buy you a real ring to make you officially mine."
 
"With or without a ring I'll always be yours with the title of your fiancé," I quietly said, wanting to break free from his hands. 
 
Luhan's POV~
 
"Is Haneul not back yet?" I asked abeoji as he read some documents. 
 
"It doesn't seem like it. You still have an hour until your flight, she'll come by then," he said flipping the page. I stared out the window at the driveway to see if she'd appear or not. 
 
"I hope she comes because she won't be seeing me until her wedding," I softly said when someone tugged at my sleeves. I looked down and saw Minah with her sleepy eyes. 
 
"Oppa, read me a goodnight book before you leave," she softly said as I smiled at her and nodded. 
 
"I still have time until I leave so why not," I said and picked her up, walking up to her bedroom to read. 
 
After finishing up Cinderella, I looked up at the clock and 13 minutes have passed by already. 
 
"Oppa, I'm going to miss you," Minah softly said holding my hand. "Video chat me when you're free and this time, I won't cry anymore."
 
"I know," I said and kissed her little forehead. "Goodnight my little Princess. Help me keep Haneul and Woohyun together until they get their happy ending."
 
She nodded and silently dozed off as I walked out, heading down the stairs. 
 
"It looks like she won't be coming anytime soon," umma said with a sigh. 
 
"That's fine. Let her enjoy her time with her fiancé," I said with a smile. Umma nodded and hugged me tight. 
 
"You'll be gone longer this year. I don't know if I can handle that," she softly cried as I hugged her back. "But you're a big boy."
 
I chuckled and released the hug. 
 
"I'll send presents before Christmas and video chat you all once I get to China," I said to her and abeoji. They both nodded and did a group hug. 
 
"Tell me how things go once a week goes by," abeoji said and hugged me one last time. "Take care."
 
I nodded and grabbed my bags, heading out with a butler. I waved goodbye to them and got in the car when another was just comin up the driveway. 
 
"Now she shows up," I chucked and got out of the car. Haneul immediate ran out and hugged me tight, burying her face into my chest. 
 
"I'm going to miss you oppa," she muffled into my chest. 
 
"I will too Haneul," I said hugging her tight. I saw Myungsoo come out of the car, just staring. 
 
"Haneul, do me a favor and be happy," I said letting her go. "Don't force yourself into a relationship you don't want."
 
"Oppa," she softly said looking up at me with teary eyes. "What are you talking about?"
 
"I think we both know what I'm talking about," I said and kissed her forehead. "Do me another favor and take care of hyung for me."
 
She just looked at me and I smiled, touching her necklace Woohyun gave her. 
 
"Remember what I said to you when I found out you were getting married?" I asked as she nodded. "I really meant it. Marry someone you love, not because you're being forced to."
 
She stared at me and slightly smiled. 
 
"Oppa will support no matter what decision you make, as long as you're happy then I'm happy," I said and let the necklace's change fall onto her chest, then looked at my watch. "I need to get going. I'll see you on your wedding day."
 
"Goodbye oppa," she said and hugged me again. We said goodbye and I walked up to Myungsoo to say a couple things to him. 
 
"Haneul's my precious little sister, hurt her then I won't let you get away with it," I firmly said and smiled at him. "Goodbye hyung and treat her well. Make her happy~!"
 
He just nodded and bowed to me as I skipped to the car. I waved out the window to them and smiled. 
 
"Can I trust Myungsoo?" I whispered and sighed, rolling up the window. "I'm sure he'll give her happiness, the happiness she deserves."