Chapter 46

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

3rd Person POV~
 
Myungsoo walked out of his workplace's building and saw snow falling once again. He looked up at the sky and slowly exhaled to see his breath in the air. Today's New Years Eve...hyung comes back tomorrow. I wonder if Haneul knows.
 
"Woohyun's coming back~!" Haneul shouted in the house, running down the stairs and into the dining room where her parents and Minah was eating breakfast. They just stared at her while she smiled at them. "Sungsoo and Woohyun oppa are coming back today."
 
"We heard," appa chuckled while taking a sip of his coffee. "You were shouting it just now."
 
Haneul giggled sat down next to Minah as she tapped Haneul's lap. 
 
"Are you excited to see oppa again?" she whispered as Haneul nodded. "Unnie, you must have really missed him."
 
"I did," she said with a shy smile. Minah looked at her then giggled to herself. 
 
"I know he missed you a lot," she whispered and continued to eat while Haneul just kept on smiling to herself.  
 
"Today we're going to celebrate New Years with the Nam family, so after breakfast we'll get dressed and head on out," appa said as a maid took his finished plate. "Then we'll come back and celebrate with Woohyun and Sungsoo."
 
"That sounds like a great idea," Haneul said and ate her food. 
 
Myungsoo sighed and dragged himself into his house to be welcomed by no one. His brothers were there, but they didn't greet him. 
 
"Hyung, can you drop me off at a friend's house?" Sungjong asked, not even looking at Myungsoo. 
 
"I'm tired, go ask Sunggyu or Dongwoo," he replied loosening his tie. 
 
"What are you tired about? You do nothing, but sign papers and crap," Sungjong said then scoffed. "Whatever, I'll just ask Sunggyu or Dongwoo."
 
He watched Sungjong leave then walked up to his room to lay down and rest. 
 
"Myungsoo!" Hoya shouted from outside his door. "Jolie pooped in my room! Can you help me clean it up?! No wait...GO clean it up!"
 
"I'm not your servant and there's plenty of maids around the house to do it!" Myungsoo shouted, placing his left arm over his forehead. 
 
"Don't really want to," Hoya said and waited for Myungsoo to come out. "Are you not going to come out?!"
 
Myungsoo groaned and got up from his bed, walked to the door and flung it open. He glared at Hoya and clenched his jaw. 
 
"That damn dog is yours, you take care of its ," Myungsoo firmly said as Hoya gulped, backing away. "Just because Woohyun is gone doesn't mean you can make me the new servant around here. Remember, I have power and control over you all so don't order me around anymore. If you do, you'll be out on the streets."
 
"Like Woohyun?" he smirked as Myungsoo smirked back. 
 
"Nope, even worse. I'll make sure no one takes you in and that you suffer," Myungsoo coldly said and shut the door, heading back to his bed to rest. He sighed and said to himself, "Ah, I'm so tired of everything, especially this family."
 
Afternoon had come and the Park family had arrived at the Nam's house. Half the Nam boys were out and partying while the others locked theirselves up in their rooms. 
 
"Aren't they going to join us?" Mr. Park asked sitting in the living room with the others. "It's the New Years."
 
"Let them be, they have more important people to celebrate it with," Myungsoo said with a forced smile and looked at Haneul. "The people here is good enough."
 
The night went by so quick that they hadn't noticed it was almost midnight. 
 
"We should head home it's getting late," Mrs. Park said picking a sleepy Minah up in her arms. 
 
"Why don't you spend the night here?" Mr. Nam asked, but they declined. 
 
"It's fine we have things to do tonight too as a family," Mr. Park said and bowed to the Nam family as they too bowed back. 
 
"I'll walk you all out," Myungsoo said and followed them out of the mansion to the driveway.  
 
"Haneul," Myungsoo said as they stopped walking. Her parents looked at her then smiled, walking away to the car. Haneul stayed in her place while Myungsoo walked up to her. 
 
"What is it Myungsoo?" she asked as he held her hands. 
 
"I didn't give you a New Years gift," he said.
 
She smiled and looked down at their hands. 
 
"It's fine. I don't need anything from you," she said and looked back up to him. "I don't need a gift on every holiday."
 
"But don't girls like it?" Myungsoo asked tilting his while thinking. She giggled and gently squeezed his hand. 
 
"Not every girl likes receiving gifts," she answered and looked to see her parents waiting in the car. "Well, I have to go. I'll see you sometime soon. Happy New Years Myungsoo."
 
"Yeah, you too," he said and released her hand, watching her leave. He didn't want her to go, so he called out her name. "Haneul!"
 
She turned around and he ran up to her, pulling her into his embrace taking her by surprise. 
 
"I...I want to wish you a happy new year," he said and released the hug, leaning down and kissed her forehead. "I guess this could count as you New Years gift."
 
Her heart beating fast from the sudden kiss and she just stared up at him. 
 
"Go now, your parents are waiting," he said and watched her leave, feeling his chest grow heavy. He sighed and walked back into the house and straight up to his room. He laid on his bed and extended his arm up like he was reaching for the ceiling. 
 
"You were so close to me, but yet so far," he softly said, then clenched his fist letting it fall to his side. "What am I going to do? I don't want to lose my first love...."
 
Haneul and her family had entered the house to be welcomed by emptiness. 
 
"Is Woohyun not back yet?" Minah mumbled half asleep. 
 
"It seems like it," Mr. Park said and the lights to see the house decorated beautifully. Haneul smiled and ran to the kitchen having the feeling that he was there. She swung the door open and saw Woohyun cooking. 
 
"Oppa," she softly said as he turned around to look at her. 
 
"Welcome back home Haneul," he said with a warm smile that made her heart warm up. She smiled and ran up to him, giving him a back hug. 
 
"I should be the one to say that oppa," she said hugging him tighter. "Welcome back home oppa."
 
Woohyun smiled and turned fully around so that he could hold her too. 
 
"I'm glad to be back Haneul," he said then looked up at the clock seeing that it was midnight. "Happy New Years too."
 
He kissed the top of her forehead and held her tight as she snuggled closer to his chest.