Chapter 40

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Haneul's POV~

I sat in the car with Woohyun noticing that he was going the opposite direction from home. 
 
"Oppa, where are we going? Home's the other way," I said pointing behind me. He just smile and glanced at me. 
 
"We're going shopping," he said and turned at the lights. 
 
"Shopping? What for?" I asked watching all the buildings pass by. 
 
"Just to a get a little gift for Mr. Nam since he'll be discharging from the hospital in 2 days and another gift for someone else," he answered, parking the car at the side of the street. He looked at me and smiled. "We're here, so let's go."
 
I nodded and unbuckled myself, soon getting out of the car. We both walked down the street to look for a store that my father-in-law might like when Woohyun suddenly stopped in front of me, making me bump into him. I looked at him as he walked into a store that had ties and suits in it. 
 
"Are you going to buy him a suit?" I asked following Woohyun into the store. 
 
"I don't know yet. I just might get him a tie," he said looking around. "What do you think he'd like?"
 
"I don't know," I said while looking at the suits. 
 
"How do you not know? He's your father-in-law. What are you going to do when his birthday comes or when it's Christmas? You should at least get to know what he likes if you're going to be his daughter-in-law," he stated while holding up ties against his chest. I looked up at him and scratched my head. 
 
"Well...abeoji really likes fruits," I said making Woohyun chuckle. 
 
"Everyone likes fruits," he said with a bright smile. "How about something that's not edible?"
 
"Not edible...? Uhhh, from what I've seen it seems like he likes to wear watches," I said tapping my chin. "Ouu~ you should get him a watch!"
 
He looked down at me and smiled, placing his hand over my head making my heart race at his touch. 
 
"That'd be a nice gift," he said, gently ruffling my head before heading towards the jewelry section. I just stood there and touched the too of my head when he called out, "Haneul, come over here and help me pick one."
 
"Okay," I said and walked over to him, standing next to him. "Why are you buying him a gift anyways?"
 
"I don't know, I just feel like buying him something since he's been hospitalized for so long," he replied while looking at the variety of watches. "Which one would you buy for him?"
 
"Uhm, that simple one," I said pointing to a gold watch when I saw the price, making me round my eyes and gasp. "That's expensive!"
 
Woohyun just looked at me like it wasn't. 
 
"It's affordable," he casually said with a straight face. 
 
"H-how can that be affordable? Do you have enough money for it?" I asked with my mouth still hanging. He snickered and nodded. 
 
"Your parents pay me more than they should, so I have more than enough to buy it," he replied and looked at it, then looked around to find a worker. "Excuse me, but can I get some help around here?"
 
It wasn't long when a male worker came by and helped us. I walked around by myself while Woohyun was still talking to the worker about the watch when I came across a bracelet that looked familiar. I just kept on staring at it when it came to my mind of what it reminded me of. I grabbed it and looked at it when Woohyun came up to me. 
 
"Oh~ that bracelet looks just like the one my mother gave me," he said as I looked up at him. He smiled down at me saying, "My name was engraved on the inside of the bracelet, but I lost it during an event. Maybe I should buy myself a new one when I have the money."
 
I looked back at the bracelets and set it back down with so many things running through my head. He has a bracelet just like this one? I do too, but it doesn't belong to me...it belongs to someone also named Woohyun...
 
"Let's get going. I have another gift to buy," Woohyun said and we walked out of the store to another jewelry store that was a bit more feminine. 
 
"Haneul," Woohyun said. "When a girl enters a store like this, what do they usually look at first?"
 
"Every girl is different," I said walking around with him trailing behind. "I know I like to look at the necklaces."
 
"Really? So then do girls like necklaces?" he asked with such an innocent look. I nodded and stopped at the necklace section. 
 
"Every girl should like a necklace with diamonds on it," I said as he nodded, like he was taking note of it in his head. 
 
"Then from these necklaces, which one would you wear?" he asked pointing to the necklaces. 
 
"Me?" I asked as he nodded. "Uhh...the one with the heart and violet diamond."
 
"This one?" he asked, picking it off of the necklace holder. He looked at it closely and smiled. "It's really pretty, I'm sure she'd like this."
 
"She?" I asked, feeling my heart tighten a bit. He looked at me and nodded with a smile. 
 
"I've only seen her photo and I'm sure this necklace will bring out her beauty even more," he said and held it up in the light. "The diamond's gorgeous in the light. It really sparkles."
 
I know what this feeling was...jealousy and a heartbreak. He already has another girl in his heart...?
 
"Oh, I'm sorry I only brought you here to help me pick something out for a girl because you're a girl," he said. "Would you like anything?"
 
I snapped out of my thoughts and forced a smile to say, "No it's fine oppa. I'm sure this lucky girl will love the necklace."
 
"I think so too," he smiled and walked up to the front counter to purchase the necklace. 
 
"He only brought me along to help him pick out something for a girl? Who does that?" I softly whispered to myself. "Only a guy who sees a girl as his friend does that...."
 
We sat in silence on the ride back home as my emotions were all over the place that it hurt to even think about it. 
 
"Haneul, are you okay? You've been awfully quiet since we got out of the jewelry store," he said as I didn't reply. "Was there something you wanted back there?"
 
"Oppa, don't mind me. Just focus on the road," I said, staring up at the sky. 
 
"I've noticed that ring for a while now," he suddenly said, making me look at him. "It's pretty, did Myungsoo buy it?"
 
I looked down to my ring finger and touched the ring. 
 
"Yeah he did the other day," I answered looking back up at him to see him softly smiling. 
 
"He couldn't get you a real engagement ring?" he asked, stopping at a red light. 
 
"Whatever Myungsoo buys me doesn't concern you," I said annoyed and crossed my arms, looking back out at the sky. 
 
"A ring like that doesn't make you his then," he softly said and the lights turned green. He drove off and I glanced at him. 
 
"What do you mean by that?" I asked, but he didn't reply. "You're going to give me the silent treatment too?"
 
"You're the one who started it," he snickered and soon we reached home. We both got out and walked into an empty house. 
 
"I'll be studying in my room, can you bring up something for me to drink?" I asked as he nodded and I began walking up the stairs when he said my name, making me stop. 
 
"I want to thank you for today. You've been a great help," he said. I looked down to see him smiling once again. "Although I didn't get to buy you anything and bought another gift for another girl, I really had a fun time with you."
 
I just nodded and headed up to my room, walking in going straight to my bed. I sat on it and sighed. Pabo, why would you even say something like that to my face? Buying a gift for another girl and yet you say you had fun just hanging with me isn't something I want to hear.
 
I scratched my head and looked at my clock on my nightstand when that bracelet caught my eyes. I picked it up and looked at the name engraved, Nam Woohyun. I don't know what bothers me more though, the fact that he's in love with another girl or that he might be the Woohyun I've been looking for.
 
There was knock at the door, so I put the bracelet in the little drawer in my nightstand and got up to open the door. When I did, of course it was Woohyun with drinks in his hands. 
 
"Since you spent the while day with me to shop, I'll spend the night with you to study," he said and walked in without me saying it was fine. "It's my only way to say thank you for today."
 
Having him always bring up whatever we did today always made my heart squeeze. He set the glass of juice on my desk and took a seat. 
 
"So, what are we studying tonight?" he asked looking at my textbooks. 
 
"Well, we could start with math first," I said and grabbed another chair, sitting next to him. 
 
Luhan's POV~
 
I knocked on Haneul's door to hear no reply. I scratched my head wondering if she was even awake, so I slightly opened the door and saw her asleep on her bed with Woohyun tucking her in. Luckily I didn't open it all the way or else I would've disrupted the two. Woohyun then sat on the edge of her bed and brushed her hair back away from her face. He then reached for something in his pocket and set it on her nightstand. It was enough for me to see, so I silently closed the door and headed down the stairs. 
 
"I'm sorry Myungsoo, but Haneul's asleep," I said as he looked up at me. 
 
"Already?" he asked as I nodded. 
 
"It is pretty late you know and she does have school in the morning. She needs to sleep to get all her energy," I said. 
 
"I understand," he said and walked to the door. "Please tell her that I'll be picking her up from school from now on. You nor Woohyun needs to pick her up anymore."
 
And like that he left the house. I sighed and shook my head. 
 
"Why is love so complicated?" I questioned and headed up to my room to meet Woohyun in the hallway. 
 
"Oh, since when were you home?" he asked surprised. 
 
"I got home about 15 minutes ago," I said. "Why were you in Haneul's room?"
 
"I was helping her study as a thank you for today," he said with a gentle smile. 
 
"What'd you guys do today?" I asked with a grin. 
 
"We just went shopping. I bought a gift for abeoji and helped Sungsoo hyung buy a gift for his daughter since he wasn't able to buy anything for her wedding, so I dragged Haneul along," he said as I nodded. 
 
"Hyung, when will you tell her how you feel?" I then asked as he chuckled. 
 
"I already have," he said and walked to his room, then looked at me. "But just not directly."
 
"Awwh~ that's not fun," I said and smiled. "But it's better than nothing."
 
"I know," he said and walked into his room, shutting the door. I, too, walked into my room and sighed. "Love really is complicated."