Chapter 15

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Woohyun's POV~

I sat in the living room waiting for Haneul to come home from her date with Myungsoo. I drunk some herbal tea and waited when someone came down the stairs. It was Minah. 
 
"Oppa, what are you doing still up?" she softly said while rubbing her eyes. 
 
"I was waiting up for Haneul. Did you need something?" I asked her, walking up to her. 
 
"I wanted a glass of milk," she said as I chuckled. I picked her up and headed into the kitchen when she stopped me. 
 
"Big Sungsoo might be in there," she whispered. I looked through the little window and saw that it was completely dark. 
 
"He's not in there. It's not like we're going to steal his food anyways, we're just getting milk," I said and opened the kitchen door, flicking on the lights. I grabbed the milk carton and poured it into a cup for her. 
 
"Oppa, can I eat a cookie with it?" she asked with an innocent face. 
 
"No you can't. It's late and eating sweets before bed isn't good. You brushed your teeth too," I said as she pouted. "You don't want your teeth to rot, right?"
 
"No, but..." she said and sighed. "Okay, I won't eat."
 
I smiled and watched her drink her milk, then washed the cup. I picked her up and headed up to Minah's room when Haneul walked through the front door. 
 
"Oh, you're still awake?" Haneul asked as I nodded. "Is that Minah?"
 
"Unnie~" Minah said and smiled. Haneul walked up to us and took Minah from me. 
 
"You must be tired Woohyun-ssi. I'll tuck her in-"
 
"I want Woohyun oppa to do it," Minah said with a pout. I chuckled and ruffled her hair. 
 
"I'll do it another day," I said and kissed her soft cheek. "Goodnight Princess."
 
"Goodnight oppa," Minah said and I walked up to my room. 
 
I laid in bed, staring up at the empty ceiling. I sat up and sighed, thinking of what happened earlier today; seeing Haneul and Myungsoo together. What's their relationship with each other? Myungsoo didn't see me, right?
 
I sighed and scratched my head when my door crept open, letting a slither of light in. I silently gasped and flopped on my bed, covering myself with the blanket. I heard footsteps approach me and it stopped right next to me. 
 
"Woohyun-ssi, are you asleep?" a soft voice asked. I slowly lifted the blanket off of me and looked up to see Haneul. "Did I disturb you?"
 
"No, I was just...no, you're not disturbing me," I said and sat up as she sat down on the edge of the bed. "Is there something that you need?"
 
"Why did you leave so suddenly? Luhan said you were going to check up on me, but you just left," she said ignoring my question. I felt my heart beat, not knowing what to say or do. "Did Luhan do something that made you angry?"
 
"No, Luhan's a great guy. He would never get me angry considering how playful and caring he is," I said with a soft laugh. She slightly smiled and looked at me. 
 
"Then why did you leave? Was it me?" she then asked, making my heart beat even faster now. She looked at me with innocent eyes; eyes that wanted the truth. 
 
"I left because I had some cleaning to do," I lied. She was taken aback.
 
"C-cleaning?" she asked, blinking her eyes. "That's it?"
 
I nodded. 
 
"Oh...you could've told us you were coming home early. I was concerned that either Luhan or I had made you angry or something. I couldn't get that feeling off my chest when I was with Myungsoo; I only thought about you," she said with a soft smile. "But I'm glad it wasn't any of us."
 
I nodded and looked down to my hands, which played with the sheets. 
 
"Can I ask you something?" I asked her as she was getting up from the bed. She looked at me and nodded. "What's your relation with Myungsoo and the Nam household?"
 
"Nam Myungsoo?" she asked as I nodded. "Ahh~ I guess you don't know. I'm suppose to marry Myungsoo. I don't really remember why, but it was for business share or something and since our household is the biggest and most wealthy, our parents had us engaged." 
 
I couldn't believe my ears. Why would they do business share with the Park residence? Appa said he wouldn't share any of his businesses, even if it was with the richest man in Korea, so why? The only reason for that could be that he's losing business and is in need of help to regain his power and by doing that, he must be allies with the richest man in S. Korea. Having his oldest son marry the daughter of Mr. Park, which is Haneul. Myungsoo isn't the oldest though...but appa does favor him, so I can see why he was chosen instead of Sunggyu and even me.
 
"Oppa," Haneul said, making me snap out from my thoughts. "Huh, so you do respond to me calling you oppa. I've been calling your name the whole time, but you didn't respond because you were probably deep in your thoughts again."
 
"Uh, yeah I was," I said with a soft laugh and looked at her. 
 
"Calling you oppa feels nice. Maybe I'll start calling you oppa instead of Woohyun-ssi," she said with a smile. "Ah~ I forgot! I bought you clothes since I didn't see you picking out anything."
 
She walked out and came back with tons of bags. She dropped them on the ground and smiled. "I hope they fit."
 
I smiled and thanked her. Even in the dark, I could see her checks turn pink. 
 
"Go and sleep, you've got school tomorrow," I said with a soft smile. She nodded and started walking towards the door. 
 
"Goodnight Woohyun oppa," she said and shut the door behind her. I chuckled and laid in bed, then sighed. 
 
Myungsoo and Haneul...to be married...how nice.