Chapter 11

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Haneul's POV~

I walked into the lunch room to see Key in there already with his pink lunch box and the table neatly set up with a glass full of flower in the middle. I approached him and sat down. 
 
"I'm guessing you're having something good today. Did Jonghyun oppa make it?" I asked, knowing Key would only make the table look fancy if Jonghyun made his lunch. 
 
"Of course he did~" Key sung and opened his lunch box.
 
20111024182435427.jpg
 
He literally gasped and covered his mouth of happiness. "Awwh~ Jonghyunnie knows exactly what I like."
 
I smiled and took out my lunch box. He looked at it and made a face with a smirk. "Not as good looking as mine."
 
"Yeah, but it's a whole lot tastier than yours," I said with a teasing smile and ate my lunch as he watched. He dug into his food, then suddenly stopped. He made a disgusted face and let the food fall out from his mouth, quickly putting the lid back on to his lunchbox. 
 
"What are you doing?" I asked as he smiled. 
 
"I'm going to save this for later, but can I join you?" he asked as I giggled and nodded. His eyes rounded with excitement and began digging in to my lunch, pretty much eating it all. 
 
"Oppa, we have a new maid in the house," I then said as he was still chewing a mouthful of food. 
 
"Really?" he could barely say. "Is it a boy or a girl?"
 
"It's a boy. His name is Woohyun," I said with a smile while picking at the rice. 
 
"Woohyun? Wow, that's a nice name. Is he handsome?" Key asked, swallowing down the food. 
 
"For a maid, yes," I said and his eyes sparkled. 
 
"I have to meet him! You have to introduce us," Key said with a wide grin. "I'll come over tonight."
 
"But-"
 
"Oh~ it's time for me to meet Jonghyun, I'll see you later," he said and got up, leaving me alone. He also left his small, pink lunchbox behind. 
 
After school, I went home with Key arm in arm. I could already tell he was excited to meet Woohyun, he was always excited to meet new male maids of mine. He literally dragged me home. 
 
"Why are you so slow Haneul?" he said, annoyed with my slow pace. "We have to hurry."
 
"Woohyun won't go anywhere. I can promise you that," I said and within seconds we were home. "I could've called Butler Jang to pick us up from school. Why did we even walk this far?"
 
"Now, you know I like to stay in shape by walking home," he said with a grin and we entered the house to be welcomed by the maids and butlers, as usual. I looked around the house for a particular someone along with Key when he gasped and pointed to someone at the kitchen. 
 
"That's him?!" he whispered with excitement in his tone. I knew his heart was pounding with happiness and desperation to meet Woohyun. For someone like Key, he has pretty good memories with all my maids and butlers; he can tell who's who by their voices, their height and hair. He even knows when a new person had just started to work for us.
 
"He's good looking, but his clothes..." Key said with a disgusted face on. "Does he not have clothes? I mean it's all muddy and ripped up."
 
"Those were the only clothes he had brought with him. I guess non of the others helped him," I said as Key grabbed my wrist, pulling me to him. 
 
"Maybe he was too handsome to be approached," he said and once we got to Woohyun, he bowed to us. "Hi there. I'm KiBum, but you can call me Key."
 
"Oh, it's nice to meet you. I'm Woohyun," he said with a crooked smile; it wasn't a smirk, but a charming smile. 
 
"Wow, not only is your physical appearance charming, but your voice is too," Key said and I knew he was turning on his cougar tone and I had to control him before it went too far. 
 
"Uhm, Woohyun. Will you bring up some snacks and drinks to my room?" I asked and dragged Key with me. 
 
"Yah, what are you doing?" he asked along the way. "I was just getting into it."
 
"Oppa, all I have to say is he's not interested," I said and we went into my room. "You have Jonghyun already, you don't need Woohyun."
 
Key pouted and crossed his arms, "Why do you always take the fun away?"
 
I lightly laughed and sat on my bed, cross-legged. Soon then, Woohyun came in with a tray of variety of cakes and drinks. We thanked him and he left without a word. 
 
"He just go out from my hospital too and he's already working so hard," I said with a pitied sigh. "It hasn't even been a whole day yet and he doesn't seem to look tired. Umma and appa should've let him rest."
 
"Yeah because someone like you would have died within 2 seconds," Key teased while munching on a piece of red velvet cake with chocolate covering and a strawberry on top. "Why don't you just let him rest then?"
 
"Oh~ that's right," I said with a finger snap and got up from my bed. 
 
"Tch, you can't do anything can you? You're not smart and you're lazy, what can you do other than be pretty?" Key said clucking his tongue. I stuck my tongue out at him and walked out to find Woohyun. He wasn't hard to identify, not because of his clothes, but also because of his built body. No male maid of mine is that built up. 
 
"Woohyun-ssi," I said with a smile. He looked at me blankly and leaned his head forward to have me continue with what I was saying. "I just...you can rest for the day. It hasn't been long since you've been discharged."
 
He smiled, "It's fine ma'am. I can work. My body is used to these sorts of things, even if I'm sick."
 
"I don't like seeing you work like this though, have you taken your medicine at all today?" I asked as he stood up straight and cleared his throat. 
 
"I was too into my work of cleaning that I forgot," he said. I smiled and approached him. 
 
"Oppa, take a break off of your work and rest. Today's only your first day, we don't usually let the new workers work all day," I said as he looked at me. "I'll be going now and I'll check up on you soon."
 
"Uh about that," he said, making me turn around. He played with his fingers. "You see, I wasn't given a room yet today."
 
I blinked, then giggled a bit. "Appa's getting old, he usually gives the new workers a room right away. Follow me and I'll show you to your room."
 
He nodded and followed me, bumping into Luhan on the way. 
 
"Is Key here?" Luhan asked as I nodded. 
 
"He's here, why?" I asked. 
 
"I was just wondering because he pretty much just threw his stud backpack on the ground like this is his home," Luhan said then turned to look at Woohyun. "Appa told me about your health. Have you taken your medicine yet?"
 
"No I haven't Young- uhm, Luhan-ssi," he said with a soft smile. 
 
"First you call me Young Master then you add the 'ssi' at the end. Just call me Luhan or if you want, dongsaeng is fine," he said with a soft laugh. "Hyung, I've prepared your room already and I guess Haneul was escorting you there. I'll go bring you your medication and some new pairs of clothes. Also, if your health isn't well then tell us. We don't like having our workers work when they're not feeling well."
 
"I'll keep that in mind Luhan," Woohyun said and bowed to him as he walked by us. I looked at Woohyun and smiled. 
 
"Your room is just around the corner," I said and led him to his room. It was a bit smaller than my room or any of my family members, but it was still pretty big. 
 
big-bedroom-wardrobe-designs-1.jpg
 
"Isn't this too much for a maid?" he asked while looking around the room. 
 
"In this family, no," I said with a smile. "All the rooms, except for my family, are this big."
 
He nodded and we stood in the middle of the room in silence. 
 
"Do all the maids live in this house?" he asked. 
 
"Not all, just the young ones. Those who have families, well, they live with their families and those who are independent stay independent," I said as he continued to look at the room. "You're actually the only maid living in our home. All the others are married, others are living in dorms for college and the others live with their parents. The only other worker is our cook, he likes being a bachelor and he likes it here."
 
It wasn't long when Luhan came in with Woohyun's medicine and some clothes. 
 
"Here hyung, these are my clothes. Hopefully you'll be able to fit them and when I have the time, we'll go shopping," Luhan said with a smile. "Here's your medicine too and take 2 pills per day. After 2 hours, take these yellow tablets."
 
"Thank you Luhan," Woohyun said with a bow. 
 
"You don't have to keep bowing to me hyung. Lets be comfortable around each other, okay?" Luhan said and set Woohyun's stuff on his desk. "I'm making some warm tea right now, I'll have a maid bring it up since I've got work to do today."
 
Woohyun nodded and so Luhan left. I stayed to make sure Woohyun took his medication when I forgot Key was left in my room and knowing Key, he'd mess up my makeup table. 
 
"Get some rest Woohyun and I'll come back later tonight to see how you're doing," I said and closed the door as I walked out. I went into my room to see Key fast asleep on my bed; he was all over it. I giggled and left him alone, while taking down the unfinished drinks and cakes to the kitchen. I stayed in the kitchen with Chef Woo, eating all his new ingredients he was coming up with when I felt something heavy in my pockets. It was that silver bracelet again with the name Nam Woohyun on it. Nam Woohyun, when will I we meet again? You probably need this more than I do.