Chapter 25

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Myungsoo's POV~

After a long, detailed discussion of my future with Haneul I headed out to the lounge to see my brothers and the Park kids just sitting around. I could already tell that it was like this from the start; no one talking to one another. They all took one glance at me, then turned back to what they were doing. 
 
"Myungsoo, let's go party tonight. I just talked with some friends and they wanted to hang out," Sunggyu said, slouching in his seat while texting. 
 
"I'm busy," I replied and looked at Woohyun, who was in the corner of the room, monitoring like usual.
 
"You're always busy," Sungyeol whined as he stretched his arms up with a yawn. "Just for tonight hyung."
 
I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows.
 
"You're still underage, why are you even going?" I asked him as he shrugged. "It's a school night too, you shouldn't go."
 
"Hyung, I've gone since middle school and you've seen me go to a club before. Why are you being so responsible now?" Sungyeol scoffed. I looked at Woohyun and sighed. 
 
"Because there needs to be a responsible person in this house to keep you kids from doing the wrong things," I replied and he was annoyed along with Sungjong. 
 
"Have you noticed that you've been acting a lot like Woohyun?" Sungjong asked with an irritated tone. "It disgusts me. Someone who's always caring."
 
"Woohyun?" Luhan asked looking at us, curious. "Who's that?"
 
"He's not any of your concern," I said and looked at Woohyun as he didn't give me one look or glance. Luhan then turned to look at Woohyun too. 
 
"It can't be that hyung is-"
 
"Luhan! Minah!" Haneul's voice was heard in the hallway as her footsteps got louder and louder. She came up next to me and smiled. "Let's go home. It's getting late."
 
Luhan and Minah got up, walking over to Haneul. 
 
"Oppa, lets go," she said to Woohyun and so he started walking towards us. Once he was close enough, I secretly grabbed his arm without even knowing what I was going to do with him, but he swiftly pushed my hand away and walked away. 
 
"Bye Myungsoo. Uhm, I'll see you tomorrow after school then," Haneul said with a smile and ran after Woohyun.
 
"You stopped picking us up because of her, right?" Sungyeol asked with a smirk. I didn't say anything. "Is she that important to you? More important than your brothers?"
 
"What if she is?" I asked as he scoffed. I looked at the others as they were glaring at me like I did something wrong. "She is my fiancé after all. I'd rather look after her than you or that girly brat because se doesn't annoy me as much as you two do."
 
"Tch, whatever," Sungjong said rolling his eyes and got up with the others, walking out of the lounge. 
 
"Where are you guys going?" I asked them, but they ignored me. "Yah, don't go and do reckless things."
 
"Shut up Myungsoo," Hoya said and glared at me. "I wonder what happened to the cold-hearted brother I grew up with. He wouldn't care if we did reckless things."
 
I clenched my jaw and returned a glare. I walked up to him and whispered in his ear, "Maybe it's because I was given everything. The looks, the wealth and even a hot girl I can claim as my own. I don't want my idiotic brothers like you to make me look bad, that's why I say such caring things."
 
I sensed that he was pissed and so he pushed me aside. 
 
"The cold-hearted Myungsoo is worser than a caring Myungsoo," he said and walked away with them. 
 
I don't know why, but seeing them walk away from me kind of...pained me. I thought I was doing something right by telling them not to go, but my cold heart took over again and I didn't have a choice but to be cold to them. Being a bad person has really become a habit for me. 
 
Woohyun's POV~
 
I rode in the car with Luhan again as Haneul, Minah and their parents had already left. I would glance at him once in awhile to see that he wouldn't stop staring at me. 
 
"Is there something that's bothering you Luhan?" I asked him. He blinked and turned to face forward. 
 
"I was just curious," he softly said. 
 
"Curious about what?" I asked, stopping at a red light. 
 
"I was curious if you really wore that mask because you were sick," he said as I felt my breath stop for a bit. "Hyung, the light's green."
 
I hadn't noticed it and so I pushed down on the gas. I deeply inhaled and slowly exhaled. 
 
"Are you really sick?" he asked. I didn't reply. "I'm not forcing you to say anything, but are you hiding something from us?"
 
I gulped and clenched my jaw, thinking if I should or shouldn't tell the truth. Concentrating on the road, I can feel his eyes on me once again. 
 
"I've had a bad past with that family, but they were memorable," I softly said, having all these memories flash in my head. 
 
"Let me guess, they were your previous household?" he asked as I nodded. 
 
"They weren't just my masters I served, they were almost like my family," I said and looked at him. "But I can never be a part of their family."
 
"Why is that?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows. 
 
"It's obvious," I said and focused back on the road. "I'm just a servant and they're wealthy people. People of different worlds don't mix well."
 
"But we did, didn't we?" Luhan asked, making me look at him. "You may just be a servant and we may just be wealthy people; we may come from different worlds, but we've gotten along. I consider you as a hyung I've never had before and I've accepted you into this family along with my parents. Hyung, you're not a servant to us...to us, you're the most important person we cherish the most because you're a part of our family."
 
I smiled and was touched by his words. I ruffled his hair and continued to drive all the way home. 
 
Getting to the Park's residence, we both entered and saw that Haneul and Minah were asleep on the couch. We walked up to them and Luhan picked Minah up. 
 
"I'll take her up to her room. If you don't mind, can you take Haneul up?" he asked as I nodded. He walked up the stairs with Minah in his arms, then I looked back down to Haneul, who gracefully slept on the couch. I didn't know if I was supposed to pick her up or wake her, but I didn't want to disrupt her while she slept, so I gently tucked my arms under her and lifted her up. As I had imagined, she was really light in my arms. 
 
Her face being so close to mine really was a first and even in this dark setting, her face glowed. Looking at her for just a while longer, I started walking up the stairs to her room. Quietly kicking the door open, I entered and laid her on her bed, placing her blanket over her restless body. I looked at her once more and started walking out. 
 
"I'm glad you came back home safely Woohyun oppa," she softly said as I stopped and turned my head to look at her. Her eyes were closed, but her lips had changed form; it was a smile. "Have a good sleep."
 
"You too Haneul," I said and gently shut the door behind me, heading into my room to end my day and to start a new, fresh one the next morning.