Chapter 35

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

3rd Person POV~
 
"Luhan, what are you doing this late at night?" Woohyun asked as Luhan looked at him then to Myungsoo. 
 
"I should be the one asking you that," he answered. "Why are you here at the hospital? Why is Myungsoo here as well?"
 
"Luhan, I...I came to see my father," Woohyun replied with a sigh. Luhan furrowed his eyebrows and approached Woohyun. 
 
"Your father? What's his name?" he asked as Woohyun swallowed hard. "I don't even know why I asked that question. Make up any name you want, but I know who your father is...Nam Woohyun."
 
Both Woohyun and Myungsoo widened their eyes and stared at Luhan. He gave them a crooked smile and he stuck his hands in his pockets. 
 
"I knew you were a mysterious guy hyung," Luhan said. "I knew something was up between you and the Nam family. You weren't just their house worker, but a part of their family. Earlier when you were talking to Big Sungsoo, I overheard everything you both said and once you walked out of the house; I followed behind. I'm not the nosy type, but I had to know who you really are hyung."
 
"I'm sorry I kept this secret from you," Woohyun said bowing to Luhan. He softly scoffed and placed his hand on Woohyun's shoulder. 
 
"Hyung, you don't have to apologize with a bow. If I was you, I'd do the same and keep it a secret until I thought it was right to tell everyone," he said with a smile and looked at Myungsoo. "I'm not surprised that you kept this secret though."
 
Myungsoo rolled his eyes and looked away. Luhan furrowed his eyebrows and looked back at Woohyun. 
 
"Although I still don't know your full background, you're still my hyung so I'll trust in you and also keep this secret from my parents and the others," Luhan said with a smile, then pouted. "But I am pretty upset that you told Sungsoo and not me. Am I really not that close to you?"
 
Woohyun blinked at him then gently smiled, softly ruffling Luhan's hair. 
 
"If I was to tell you, you wouldn't know how to respond back. Being with you for half a year, I know you'd be speechless and wouldn't know how to comfort me," Woohyun said as Luhan nodded. 
 
"That's true. My head would become jelly," he said and laughed, just like an innocent child. Woohyun laughed along with him and patted his back. 
 
"You understand people so easily, you're too carefree," Woohyun said with a smile. 
 
"And you're always thinking of others," Luhan said and smiled as well. Myungsoo, who was watching them from a small distance, yet it seemed so far to him; he felt envious of their relationship. 
 
"Woohyun," Myungsoo softly said as Woohyun turned around. He deeply exhaled and bit the corner of his lips. "Please, come see abeoji tomorrow again."
 
"That sounds like a good idea!" Luhan said with a grin. Woohyun dropped his eyes and shook his head. 
 
"It's better not to Myun-"
 
"Hyung, you can't hide from him anymore," Luhan said as Myungsoo looked at him with those cold eyes of his. "Although your relationship might have been bad, you can't forget that he's your father. You both need each other, so don't force yourself to hate him and go visit him."
 
"It's not like I hate him Lu-"
 
"Then see him everyday," he said, cutting Woohyun off. "See Mr. Nam everyday."
 
Woohyun sighed then smiled. 
 
"For you, I'll go see him," he said and ruffled Luhan's hair. 
 
"Don't go because of me but for yourself," he said and smiled. 
 
"Even still, I'm going because of you," Woohyun said when Myungsoo felt his chest grow heavy. 
 
"Because of Luhan? Then what about me?" Myungsoo quietly whispered to himself, watching the two. "Does my words mean nothing to you, hyung? Cause they almost sound exactly the same as his."
 
"Did you say something Myungsoo?" Luhan asked, blinking those deer-like eyes of his. Myungsoo clenched his fist and scoffed. 
 
"I said for you two to go home. It's annoying to see you two in front of me," Myungsoo said and walked back into the hospital to spend the night with Mr. Nam. Woohyun and Luhan watched him walk away. 
 
"What's wrong with him? Does he usually get randomly angry like this?" Luhan asked, pointing at the hospital. 
 
"When he wants something, when things don't go his way or if he's jealous, he'll act that way," Woohyun said and stared at the hospital building with soft eyes. "I wonder what made him be like that...?"
 
"Who cares, let's just go home," Luhan said and felt a cold breeze past by. "Brr~ winter's near. I can feel it."
 
Woohyun just continued to stare at the hospital building, thinking to himself about Myungsoo's behavior earlier. Luhan noticed and looked back at the building. 
 
"Do you think he was jealous of me?" Luhan asked as Woohyun turned his attention to him. 
 
"What do you mean?" Woohyun asked with a confused look. Luhan chuckled and shook his head. 
 
"It's nothing," he said and sighed, seeing his breath in the air. "About your secret, again, I'll keep my mouth shut. Don't think I'm angry either at you for keeping this kind of secret from us, but I was serious about being upset that you didn't tell me. I also believe that you should see your father everyday, until he recovers."
 
"I know," Woohyun said and looked back at the hospital. 
 
"Lets go home now, it's really getting cold," Luhan said and shivered while holding himself. "I took a taxi here, so I guess I'll be riding with you."
 
Woohyun nodded and they headed to the car as he would take small glances back to the hospital. 
 
Myungsoo entered his father's room and saw him bundled up in the blankets. He suddenly felt a sharp pain in his chest and felt his eyes water. He took a seat next to his father and held his cold hands in his own cold hands. 
 
"Why is it that we're so cold?" Myungsoo asked, lifting his father's hands up to his cheeks. "Maybe I'm the only cold one here...."