Chapter 16

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Haneul's POV~

I woke up to the smell of freshly made pancakes. I washed up and headed straight down into the dining room to see Chief Woo serving my parents and Luhan.

"Oh~ is Woohyun and Minah not awake yet?" I asked, sitting down besides Luhan. He handed me a plate of pancakes.

"Woohyun's washing Minah up," appa answered. "It's nice to have Woohyun around, although I do feel bad for him. He's always working."

"He seems dedicated to his work," my mother said, gracefully cutting her pancakes to bite size. "His former household must have made it work non-stop."

"Haneul, do you want mini-sausages?" Luhan asked grabbing the bowl. I nodded and he gave me some while we heard footsteps approaching us.

"There's my little Princess," appa said with a smile as Minah skipped in with Woohyun walking behind. "Come sit down by appa and umma."

"Appa, today I want Woohyun to be the one who sends me to school," Minah requested while I looked at Woohyun, who just stood there.

"Did you talk this out with Luhan?" umma asked her as she looked to Luhan.

"Not today. I have to go work with appa at the office," Luhan said with a soft smile. "I won't be having much time now, so if it's fine with Woohyun, he can take her to day care."

"It's fine with me," Woohyun said and contiued to stand there.

"Oppa-uh, no...I mean, Woohyun-ssi," I said feeling embarrassed. "Come sit down and join us. It's not your first time eating breakfast with us. Please do have a seat."

He nodded and sat down next to me as Cheif Woo handed him a plate of pancakes. I grabbed the bowl of scrabbled eggs and mini-sausages, giving him some.

"Excuse me," Butler Jang said coming into the dining room. "Miss Haneul, your friend is here."

Luhan choked on his juice with wide eyes and stood up, saying, "I'm down eating. I'll be up in my room preparing. Call for me when you're ready to go father."

He quickly left the dining room, but of course he wasn't quick enough.

"Hi Luhan hyung~" Key chimed.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Luhan shouted and ran away. Key looked in the direction Luhan ran away in and blinked.

"What's up with him?" Key asked and came to sit down besides me, where Luhan was sitting. "Awwh~ he didn't finish his breakfast. I'll finish it for him~!"

"Oppa, what are you doing here?" I asked him as he happily ate Luhan's breakfast.

"I came to walk to school with you. My driver is away on a vacation to visit his brother, so I have to walk to school now until he comes back," Key pouted. "And I don't want to walk alone, so I thought I'd come and walk with you."

"But I ride the car to school-"

"Remember Haneul, I need to stay in shape and so do you so we're walking to school," Key said with a wink and continued to eat when he looked at me again, but it wasn't me he was looking at. He widened his eyes and coughed. "Now I remember you~! You were the maid I met when I came over back awhile ago. Ahh~ no wonder you looked awfully familiar when you were with Luhan at the clothe store!"

Woohyun, who was peacefully eating, looked at Key and innocently nodded while nibbling his fork.

"I'm envious~!" Key chimed and smiled widely. "Now I can see you everyday when I come over!"

Woohyun just blinked and looked at me. I just shrugged, not know what was up with Key, but again Key is always like this when he meets new guys.

"Well, I have to get going to the office. Haneul, you should be getting ready for school and Woohyun, once you're done you can pack up Minah's bag," appa said and got up. He leaned down and kissed my mother's cheek, then kissed Minah next and lasty, me. "I'll see you all tonight."

"Have a good day appa," I said as Woohyun got up.

"I'll walk you to the door," Woohyun said, but my father stopped him.

"It's fine, Butler Jang will walk me. You continue to eat your breakfast," appa smiled and left, calling Luhan's name.

"C'mon oppa, we should be heading to school," I said and got up with Key. I bowed to my mother and Woohyun, then kissed Minah's forhead.

Walking to school, Key would stretch here and there, then run in place while I slowly walked. We continued to walk when a black car stopped besides us. The window rolled down and a familiar face appeared.

"Sister-in-law~!" the boy said with a wide grin.

"I-In-law?!" Key shouted, staring at me with wide eyes. I scratched my head and squinted my eyes at the boy to get a better look.

"Oh~ Myungsoo's bother...uh, Sungyeol, am I right?" I asked as he happily nodded. I noticed that he was wearing the same school uniform as Key. "Do you also go to Sherlock High?"

"Yep, our mother had me and my twin, Sungjong, transfer," he said. "Why don't you get in? It's a long walk to school."

I looked at Key, since he was the one who wanted to walk, but he smiled and went up to the car. Sungyeol looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't mean you, only Haneul," Sungyeol said.

"Well, if it's fine...can he come as well? He's my friend," I said as Sungyeol looked at me then smiled.

"Of course he can come," he said and opened the door. "Please do get in."

I got in with key and it was actually pretty cramped, considering that these 3 boys are grown, well, Sungjong is pretty small. We arrived at school within seconds and got off.

"So, you and Sungjong will be attending our school now?" I asked them while walking into the building.

"Yep, our old school was too cheap for us-"

"At least that's what mother said," Sungjong interrupted. "But it's worth a try here, which means new friends and a new me."

"Would you like me to show you guys around then, since today is your first day?" I asked them as they nodded. "We still have time until 1st period start, so let's get going."

Myungsoo's POV~

"Where are those bratty twins?" I asked Sunggyu, who read playboy magazines.

"They left for school already, why?" he asked, not taking his eyes off the photos.

"I was supposed to take them to school today," I replied and sighed.

"You do know they transfered to a different school right? They're now attending the school your fiance goes to. What's it called...ah~ Sherlock High."

"Sherlock High? Isn't that the school for the wealthy and intelligent kids?" I asked, sitting down across from him. "Why are they there? They're not smart."

"Who doesn't know that? But umma transfered them there. I don't know why, but she made the decision to have them go there. It was a lot of work to get them enrolled I heard, but once umma brought up the fact that they were relatives with Haneul, the school let them in. In other words, they're going to school for free," Sunggyu said, flipping the page. "Umma must really like using the Park's name. She even got a free bracelet because she was going to be the mother of Haneul, once the two of you marry. That bracelet was quite expensive too; pure gold."

I wasn't surprised about the fact that my mother likes using people, even if it's her own sons to get what she wants. But using other people and their status...that's just going too far.

"Where is she she?" I asked, standing up.

"Who? Mom?" Sunggyu asked as I nodded. "She's in her bedroom doing who knows what."

I sighed and walked up the stairs to her room. I poked my head through and saw her counting money. I knocked on the door and she jumped, startled. She quickly bundled up the money and threw them in a bag.

"What are you doing?" I asked, walking in as she stood up from her desk. "What's in the bag?"

"Myungsoo-ah, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at work with your father?" she asked with a forced smile.

"I was supposed to drop the twins off at school, but looks like they went on their own," I said and narrowed my eyes at my mother. "I heard they transferred to Sherlock High? It's quite an expensive school to get into."

"Yes it is, but we have more than enough money to pay for it," she said with a smirk.

"Is that so?" I asked with a scoff. "I heard that you used Haneul to get them in. Apparently their attending school for free because you had brought up the fact that I'm marrying Haneul."

A muscle moved at her jawline. I smirked and approached her.

"Am I wrong?" I asked as she turned away from my eyes. "Is your status really that important to you? Showing off that your kids are better by having your two sons attend a school for the intelligent, is wrong, is it not? Considering that they aren't even up to their level; you still make them attend that school. It just makes your status lower."

"What are you talking about? I'm doing what's right for them and that is to get a good education," she said and crossed her arms.

"If that's the way you see it then I won't complain, but think about what the public might say," I said and leaned against her desk. "And about the money in the bag, it's what you made by selling that pure gold bracelet isn't it? The one you recieved for free by stating that you're the future mother-in-law of Park Haneul."

She seemed to have tensed up and didn't want me to say more, but to me; this was entertaining. I slammed my palm down on the desk and narrowed my eyes are her.

"I didn't agree to this marriage for you to use the Park's name to get things for free then to throw it out to earn more money. I did this for the family and it's businesses," I said with a firm tone. "What would happen if the Park family were to find out about your wrong doings? They surely will look down on us, especially you."

"Myungsoo-"

"Stop what you're doing or else I will end this marriage," I threatened. "I don't like the fact that you can easily use them like that for money. People like you, is what I call beggers."

She gasped and looked up at me as I smirked. I straighened myself up and brushed off my suit.

"I'll be going off to work now," I said and headed to the door. "Remember what I said Madam Nam."

"M-Myungsoo-ah," she softly spoke.

"What? Is calling you that uncomfortable? Would you much rather have me call you 'umma'?" I asked as she glared at me. "Why can't I call you Madam Nam? You were perfectly fine when Woohyun called you that instead of umma."

"He's a different story-"

"No he's not," I said. I looked away and sighed. "He's also your son, he deserves to call you umma. You only made it into a different story, a story only you can understand and create."

I looked at her one last time, then left her room and out the front door, looking up at the bright blue sky. I wonder how he's doing anyways...