Chapter 50

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

3rd Person's POV~
 
Haneul and Myungsoo had finished their little date at the Namsan park and the last thing to do to finish it off was with dinner. They both headed up to the restaurant and was welcomed by a waiter, who led them to their table. 
 
Myungsoo pulled out a chair for her and took a seat himself. They both looked out the window at the busy streets, patiently waiting for their food. 
 
"Myungsoo, thank you for today. I had fun," Haneul said, looking at him with a smile. 
 
"I also had fun," he said, smiling back at her. "If only everyday was like today."
 
She giggled and nodded. They both sat in silence when the food came. He began cutting up his steak and handed his plate over to her. 
 
"You can eat my plate, it's already cut into bite size pieces," he said with a smile as she thanked him. They both began eating quietly, not knowing what to say to each other.
 
Once dinner was done, they both continued to sit in silence when Myungsoo began noticing Haneul's boredom. 
 
"Haneul, would you like to go home?" he asked as she shook her head. 
 
"Valentines day isn't over yet, so I'll stay with you a bit longer," she said with a soft smile. 
 
"Are you sure?" he asked as she nodded. He looked at her as she just kept on staring out the window, thinking of what Woohyun was doing right now. All she could think about was him. Myungsoo knew who she was thinking about, then sighed, wanting to ask her a question. 
 
"Haneul, today's usually a day for confessions right?" he asked her. She stared at him then nodded. "I want to ask you a question...do you like Woohyun?"
 
"Eh?"
 
"Do you like Woohyun?" Myungsoo repeated the question. Her heart pounded against her chest, making her gulp. 
 
"Myungsoo, this isn't really a confession-"
 
"Just answer me Haneul," he said cutting her off. 
 
"I-I do," she honestly said, making his heart drop. 
 
"Why? What does he have that I don't have?" Myungsoo asked with a soft, yet harsh tone. "I have the looks, I have money, I give you everything-"
 
"You don't have my heart," she softly said, cutting him off. He looked at her, furrowing his eyebrows. "I just can't seem to fall for you. Woohyun may not have money like you, but at least he has a heart that is able to accept me for who I am. With everything you have given me, I just can't seem to fall in love with you."
 
Myungsoo his dry lips and scoffed. He swallowed hard and gave her that evil smirk of his. 
 
"Fall in love? With who? Me?" he asked now glaring at her, feeling his cold heart come back. "I never asked you to fall in love with me, so there's no point of you trying. I only asked if you liked Woohyun because you're my fiancé. I want what's best for you and that is to stay away from him. Do you not know what sort of image you are giving to the public by loving a nobody? Even I find it disgusting."
 
"Myungsoo," Haneul said with tears in her eyes. 
 
"You're my fiancé, at least pretend to love me," he said with his smirk still on his face. "Don't make our parents suspect our relationship, it won't look good too. Especially when it's the daughter that's cheating behind her fiancé's back."
 
Haneul let a tear steam down her cheek, but Myungsoo ignored it. 
 
"Don't look at Woohyun that way anymore. Always smiling and laughing, it's an eyesore. If you don't want me to end this marriage then don't look at him like that anymore. If your parents were to find out that I ended the marriage, they'd be devastated. You'd bring disappointment to them. You don't want that right?" Myungsoo asked with a threatening voice. Haneul hung her head and freely let the tears fall. He scoffed in disbelief and stood up. "I'm not asking you to love me, I'm asking you to do your part as the daughter of Park Hyunwoo and as my fiancé. Don't make this harder than it already is Haneul."
 
And with those last words, he left the restaurant, getting in his car and zoomed off into the night while Haneul silently cried in her seat.
 
Myungsoo dangerously drove back home and once he reached the front gates, he just sat in his car with his anger taking over. He clenched onto the steering wheel and tried to swallow the lump forming in his throat. What he tried the hardest to do, was to calm his heart that had ripped back at the restaurant. He felt his eyes flood with tears and his heart pound hard against his chest. His knuckles were turning white from the grip on the steering wheel. 
 
"Why am I being like this?" he softly whispered, letting a tear drop fall down. "I shouldn't be acting like this. Get a hold of yourself, I am Nam Myungsoo. Ugh! I hate this feeling, I hate it!"
 
His eyes were swelling up and he was now silently sobbing in his car, covering his face with the palm of his hands. 
 
"Why? Why does it have to be him? I want you to love me Haneul...I want you to smile at me and to laugh with me," Myungsoo softly cried. "But why does it have to be him?"
 
Myungsoo felt his heart squeezing in him, making him gasp for air from crying so hard. From anger, he punched the steering wheel and covered his face when he noticed a small pink bag in the passenger's seat. He grabbed it and took out the red velvet box that carried a ring. He opened it and the diamond sparkled in the moonlight. 
 
"It's useless now. I mean nothing to her," he softly said and opened the window, letting it drop out into the driveway. He looked at the ring as it laid there, then sighed. He pulled himself together and drove up the long driveway and up to the front of the house with a butler greeting him. 
 
"Welcome back Young Master," the butler said, bowing to Myungsoo. He looked down to the man and placed his hand on the man's shoulder, taking him by surprise. "Is there anything you need Young Master?"
 
Myungsoo smiled and shook his head. "You've worked hard today. Go home to your loved ones and take a day off to spend it with them. I'm sure they miss you."
 
"But what about my work-"
 
"Forget it. Let it be a good day for you and a bad day for others," Myungsoo said and headed inside the house and straight up to his room. 
 
He decided to take a warm shower and so he stripped off his clothes in the bathroom and the shower, standing beneath the warm water that hit his sensitive skin. It relaxed him, but he still couldn't get Haneul out of his head. He stood under the water until it grew cold, making him shiver.
 
"What am I doing? I shouldn't have asked her that question; most of all, I shouldn't have shouted at her like that...she did nothing wrong to have me shout at her. I let my anger take over...I'm such a jerk," Myungsoo softly said with the freezing water hitting him. "I've hurt us both and I'm sure Woohyun's going to get hurt too. I don't want the two most important people in life be hurt because of me. I was being too selfish."
 
----------
 
Haneul had taken a cab home and carelessly walked in the house with Woohyun waiting up for her. She didn't look at him though; she didn't want to. 
 
"You're finally back," Woohyun said with a warm smile while holding onto a little bag with the chocolate covered strawberries he made earlier. She glanced to look at his smile then turned away, walking up to her room. Woohyun didn't know what was wrong with her and so he followed. 
 
"Haneul, are you okay?" he asked. 
 
"I'm fine," she softly said, hanging her head low so that her hair was covering her face. She entered her dark room and flicked on the lights. 
 
"You don't seem fine, what's wrong?" Woohyun asked again. 
 
"I said I'm fine Woohyun-ssi," she said, but he knew something was up. He grabbed her arm and made her face him, seeing that she was crying.
 
"Haneul, why are you crying?" he asked with wide eyes.
 
"I said I'm fine! What don't you understand?! Just leave me alone!" she cried and pushed Woohyun out, slamming her door shut. 
 
"Haneul," he softly whispered, staring at her bedroom door. 
 
Haneul cried and fell on her knees, covering her face with her hands. Her heart was aching, so badly that she wanted to rip it out to stop the pain. 
 
Woohyun stood there and felt his heart slowly sink. He placed a hand on her door and gently pressed his forehead against it. He knew something was going on, but he didn't want to force it out of her. 
 
"Haneul...goodnight and happy Valentines day," he softly said, setting down the bag of chocolate covered strawberries next to her room and walked away to his room. 
 
On the other side of the door, she sobbed and pressed her back against the door, tucking her knees up to chest. What do I do? What am I going to do now?