Chapter 12

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Woohyun's POV~

I woke up the next day feeling a whole lot better, but I had forgotten that I was brought into a new family. Seeing all these unfamiliar things in the room and the feeling of a new mattress felt off, but what can I do other than accept that I've officially been kicked out from my own house. I wanted to go back though, not for my "family," but for my belongings; especially for my bracelet I got from umma the day before she died in that house fire. I knew I had lost my bracelet the day of the masquerade party and it had to be in that house somewhere. 
 
"Woohyun," someone said from the other side of my room, knocking on the door. I guess it's time for me to work.
 
I got out of bed and my door opened, seeing Mr. Park coming in with his red, maroon robe on. 
 
"I see you're awake," he said with a smile. "Get dressed and come join us for breakfast."
 
"Breakfast? I thought you were going to tell me to do some chores," I said, sounding like an idiot. 
 
"Chores? Not this early in the morning. You can't miss the most important meal of the day too," he said and handed me some bags. "Luhan and Haneul happily went out shopping for you too. They bought you clothes that will last you for the week, some undergarments and toiletries. We will go shopping some time together for more things you'll need."
 
I was happy they got all of these for me, but I began to feel a bit burdensome. "How can I possibly accept all of this?"
 
"That's simple, just keep it all. Luhan and Hanuel would be disappointed if you gave it all back," Mr. Park said and headed to the door. "We'll wait until you come down, so we can eat together."
 
I nodded and bowed to him as he walked out of the room. I looked in the bags and everything looked expensive; even the toothbrush looked expensive. After washing up, I headed down to the dining room and was heading straight to the kitchen when Luhan called my name. 
 
"Hyung, where are you going? You're not allowed in there, only the big hyung is allowed to go in," he said as I saw everyone sitting at the dining table. 
 
"Oh...well I thought the maids ate in the kitchen," I said blankly, which made them laugh. 
 
"Hyung, if you go in there, big Woo Sungsoo hyung will kill you," Luhan said as Minah jumped off from her seat and came up to me, grabbing my hand. 
 
"Big Sungsoo won't hurt you, he'll just make sure you don't eat his secret stash of food," she said with a smile and pulled me to sit with her. 
 
"Who's Big Sungsoo anyways?" I asked as we patiently waited for our food. 
 
"Big Sungsoo is here with your yummy food ready~!" a low, yet loud voice boomed from the kitchen and came out a big man with a thick mustache. 
 
"Yay~!" Minah shouted with her arm up in the air like she was riding on a roller coaster. I looked at the man as he smiled at me, his chubby cheeks lifting up. 
 
"I heard what they were saying out here and I have to agree with them. No one and I mean no one comes into my kitchen without my permission unless its Haneul, but everyone else is off limits," he said as I quickly nodded. 
 
"I don't get why he only lets Haneul go in, I mean aren't I the oldest child here," Luhan asked while eating his breakfast. 
 
"But you're the one who eats the most and I know you'll eat my secret stash of food," Big Sungsoo said with a face. Luhan rolled his eyes and leaned over Minah to me.
 
"I know where it is anyways, we'll grab some tonight," he whispered to me and winked. 
 
"By the way, I haven't fully introduced myself yet. My name is Woo Sungsoo, call me Chef Woo or Big Sungsoo whatever is fine with you. You can call me hyung too. I'm the bachelor cook here and I don't need a woman to keep me happy. As long as I have food or if I'm making food then I'm living the perfect life," he said with a jolly smile and a smile like that just makes you want to smile out of nowhere.
 
"Well, it's nice to meet you," I said with a smile. "I'm Woohyun by the way, I'm the new maid around here."
 
"I know," he said. "I know who's new and who's not."
 
"Well, lets eat because we have a busy day ahead of us," Mr. Park said as we all ate.
 
"Appa, why is today a busy day?" Minah asked while sipping her milk from the cereal.
 
"Today, you and Luhan are meeting with the Nam residence-"
 
I choked on my food when I heard "Nam." Luhan got up from his seat and patted my back while handing me water. "Hyung, slow down there. The food won't go anywhere."
 
"I-I know," I said with a raspy voice. "It was just too good that I quickly ate it."
 
He continued to pat my back until I stopped coughing and he resumed to eating breakfast.
 
"You may continue sir," I said to Mr. Park as he gave me a concerned look. "I'm fine sir, continue with what you were saying."
 
He looked at me a while longer then continued. "Minah and Luhan, you two will meet with the Nam residence today and we'll go out on a nice dinner with them. Woohyun, would you like to join us?"
 
"No, I'm fine. I'd much prefer to work here at the house," I said with an uneasy laugh.
 
"We'll bring delicious desserts back for you then," Mrs. Nam said with a sweet smile. It wasn't long when we finished eating and they were all getting ready for the little date with my family. I went to help Minah out with her outfit.
 
"Oppa, I want to wear pink today~" she said with a bright smile.
 
"All you have is pink," I chuckled while putting on a pink summer dress on her. "Would you like pink or white flats to go with the dress?"
 
"PINK! PINK! PINK~!" she shouted while jumping on her bed. I laughed and grabbed a pair of pink flats for her. I put it on her and ruffled her hair.
 
"You look like a Princess, Minah," I said as she blushed.
 
"Minah, let's get going," Haneul said coming into the room with a blue floral dress. She's always wearing some sort of floral clothing.
 
"Do you like flowers?" I asked curiously. She held Minah's hand and nodded.
 
"I love flowers, that's why I always wear floral clothing," she said with a smile. "We'll get going now. Have a good day now Woohyun-"
 
"It's not Woohyun, it's oppa," Minah said with a scrunched up face. "Isn't that right?"
 
I chuckled and shook my head. "She doesn't have to call me oppa if she doesn't feel comfortable with it."
 
I looked at Haneul as she smiled and looked away. "C'mon Minah, let's get going before Luhan throws a tantrum for taking too long. Goodbye Woohyun."
 
"Have a good day Minah and Haneul," I said and watched them leave with their parents and Luhan.
 
3rd Person POV~
 
"Aish, do we really have to go and meet them?" Sungyeol whined while his mother tied his tie.
 
"You all have to, we have to look good infront of them so please don't do anything stupid," she said firmly. "Sunggyu, fix your hair. Dongwoo, stop eating that pie. Hoya, you're going to rip your suit if you keep moving. Sungjong, you're pretty enough stop applying make up or you'll look like a monster. Sungyeol, will you just stop squirming! This is why Woohyun is needed!"
 
"You were the one who let him go and told him to never come back," Myungsoo said while chilling on the couch with a magazine. Mrs. Nam glared at Myungsoo and groaned.
 
"Just don't ruin this day," she said to all the boys and stomped off to get herself ready.
 
"Jeez, what's wrong with her?" Sunggyu said, annoyed.
 
"I don't know, but this pie is pretty good," Dongwoo said and continued to sloppily eat. Myungsoo looked at all his brothers and shook his head at them, getting up to get ready himself.
 
The Park residence arrived at the Nam's house and they were welcomed by 6 well-behaved boys.
 
"I don't think we've ever met, but my name is Nam Sunggyu," he said bowing to the Park family and so the others began introducing theirselves.
 
"There are 6 of you in total?" Mrs. Nam asked as they nodded.
 
"Well, there is-"
 
"Shut up," Sungjong whispered and elbowed Sungyeol to be quiet, knowing he was going to bring up Woohyun. The Park family exchanged looks and waited for Mr. and Mrs. Nam to come down. It wasn't long when Mr. Nam came down the stairs with his wife following behind. 
 
"Good morning Bumsoo-ssi, how's your health?" Mr. Park asked him. 
 
"Just fine," he replied. Mr. Nam looked at Luhan and Minah. "These must be your children."
 
"Hello there, my name's Minah," she said with a bow. Luhan smiled and bowed while introducing himself. 
 
"Your children are beautiul, even Luhan," Mrs. Nam said with a smile and looked at her sons. "If only my sons looked as nice as Luhan."
 
Her boys, except Myungsoo, rolled their eyes and gave Luhan a nasty look. Luhan looked at them and just smiled, making the boys more annoyed. 
 
"You have Myungsoo, he's a handsome man," Mrs. Park stated as Mrs. Nam nodded. 
 
"Yes, I only have Myungsoo who's handsome," she said and looked at Myungsoo, who looked away. 
 
"What's so great about him? I'm handsome too," Sungjong firmly gritted his teeth. 
 
"You're not handsome. You're more of like pretty. People can't even identify your gender," Sungyeol whispered, earning an elbow in the stomach from his twin. Myungsoo looked at Haneul, who seemed bored. 
 
"Lets go and chit chat while the kids have some fun with each other," Mrs. Nam said and led the parents into a room, while the young ones stood there. 
 
"What fun are we supposed to have? We're not even kiss anymore," Dongwoo said while playing with a bouncy ball. 
 
"Says the one himself," Sunggyu muttered and looked at Luhan. 
 
"Do you want to go and party?" he asked as Luhan blinked at him. "Did you not understand me?"
 
"I understood up, but I don't waste my time on partying at dirty clubs," Luhan said as the Nam boys dropped their mouth, shocked. 
 
"How can you not like going to clubs?! That's where all the babes are!" Hoya shouted, taking Luhan by surprise. 
 
"You all like going to clubs?" Luhan asked as they nodded. He looked at Sungjong and Sungyeol. "Aren't you two too young?"
 
"You're never too young," Sungyeol said. "What do you say we go? It'll be a fun experience for a noob like you."
 
Luhan furrowed his eyebrows and looked down at Minah. "I'd rather stay and take care of my sister. I have responsibilities."
 
The boys scoffed and rolled their eyes. Dongwoo looked at Luhan with a smirk and said, "A Mr. Goody I see. I hate those type of people. We have one already and I think that's enough."
 
"Are you talking about me?" Myungsoo asked with his death glare. Dongwoo gulped and avoided eye contact. Minah, Haneul and Luhan were beginning to feel uncomfortable now. 
 
"Which one of this low lives is your fiancé?" Luhan whispered into Haneul's ear. 
 
"That scary man right there," she whispered back and pointed at Myungsoo, who was now arguing with Dongwoo. "Oppa, lets just go."
 
Luhan nodded and grabbed Minah's hand, heading out the door with their parents not knowing. 
 
"Oh~ where did they go?" Sungyeol asked, looking around for the guests. "Did we scare them off?"
 
"Forget them," Sunggyu said and loosened his tie. "Lets just go and get drunk."
 
"Sound good with me," Hoya said and they both walked out. 
 
"I think those siblings of ours doesn't like us very much," Sungjong said, referring to Haneul and them. "I mean, even our sister-in-law doesn't seem to like us."
 
"Who would? I mean look at you guys," Myungsoo said annoyed from Dongwoo and walked up to his room. 
 
Luhan had already informed his parents about their sudden leave, getting a disappointment lecture from his father. Luhan just nodded at every word his father said through the phone and hung up right after. The Park kids had gone to a park, just to waste some time before the sun fell and they headed home. 
 
Luhan entered the house with Haneul and a sleepy Minah in his arms. Woohyun had heard the door open and so he  went to see who it was. 
 
"Welcome back, how did it go?" Woohyun asked them. 
 
"It didn't go as well as I thought it would," Luhan said and carried Minah up the stairs to her room. Woohyun and Haneul watched Luhan disappear up the stairs, then looked at each other. 
 
"Would you like something to drink or eat?" Woohyun asked as Haneul shook her head. 
 
"I'm fine. Have you eaten yet?" she asked as he nodded. "Have you taken your medications?"
 
"I've taken them all," he replied with a smile. She returned a smile and nodded. 
 
"Well, I guess I'll be going to bed. There's no need to stay up and wait for my parents too, they won't be coming home; so you're more than welcome to finish your work for the day Woohyun-ssi," Haneul said and left to her room. Woohyun, being used to working all day and all night, continued to clean when Luhan came down to the living room. 
 
"Hyung, why are you still working?" Luhan asked, wearing blue with white cloud pajamas. Woohyun couldn't help, but laugh a bit. "What are you laughing at? My pajamas?"
 
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh," Woohyun said clearing his throat and bowed. Luhan chuckled and gestured Woohyun to follow him. They both headed into Luhan's room and he grabbed something out of his huge closet. "I'm sure you need pajamas too. You'll just have to look funny like me."
 
He lightly threw a pink set of PJs at Woohyun, who just looked at it. "You want me to wear it?"
 
"I'd like you to, but I won't force you," Luhan said with a smile. "But you'll need some clothes to wear to sleep. You can't sleep with those, it's uncomfortable."
 
Woohyun looked at what he wore and it was just casual clothes; denim jean and a white v-neck shirt. "I find this comfortable."
 
"You're weird," Luhan said and chuckled a bit. "So, do you remember what I said this morning?"
 
Woohyun shook his head then it came to him. "Oh~ Sungsoo hyungnim's secret stash?"
 
Luhan smirked and nodded. "I wasn't kidding about that. C'mon, lets go."
 
"But-"
 
"He's asleep. I know because he has a schedule and it's past bedtime for him. Lets see what Big Sungsoo has in store for us hyung," Luhan said and dragged Woohyun down to the kitchen, seeing Haneul already in there snacking. She seemed startled and quickly his her food. 
 
"O-oppa," she said with round eyes. 
 
"Already eating without me?" Luhan pouted and dragged me up to her. "Did you at least save any for this  hyung?"
 
"Luhan, I'm fine-"
 
"We'll just eat his ice cream then," Luhan said, cutting Woohyun off and headed into the back, coming back with two small buckets of ice cream. He handed it to Woohyun, who kindly took it and they began eating all together. "We should do this more often now that hyung's with us. It's a whole lot better than just the 2 of us, isn't that right Haneul?"
 
Haneul looked at Woohyun and smiled, then nodded. "Yeah. I like it this way better."