Chapter 51

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

Woohyun's POV~
 
It's been a whole 2 weeks and Haneul hasn't been acting the same since then. She's been acting normal with her parents and Minah, but with me she couldn't even look me in the eyes. I tried talking to her, but she'd just run away. I've even tried picking her up from school, but she would grab Key's arm and drag him away. I haven't seen Myungsoo since then either....
 
Today I was hanging out with Kris and the others at the sauna.  We just sat in a private room, sweating. 
 
"Hyung, what's wrong? You seem a bit gloomy today," Tao said looking at me worried. 
 
"Yeah, did something happen?" Kris asked, eating an egg. 
 
"The girl I like is ignoring me," I said with a sigh as they exchanged looks. 
 
"Who is this girl?" Lay asked while sipping his cold drink. 
 
"It's Luhan's sister," I causally said as they all gasped. 
 
"You like Haneul?!" Xiumin gasped the loudest. 
 
"Does Luhan know?!" Chen asked, getting in my face. 
 
"Yeah he does and he's rooting for me," I said with no energy in my voice.
 
"But isn't she getting married to Nam Myungsoo?" Kris asked blinking at me. "So why would he be rooting for you to be with her? I mean I don't hate you at all, but...you know what I mean?"
 
"Yeah, I do," I said and laid on my back. "Was it wrong to fall in love with her?"
 
"I don't think it's wrong because love is a significant feeling," Kris said with a smile. "But falling in love with an engaged woman is a no-no."
 
"But why is she ignoring you? What'd you do to her?" Chen asked, hitting Xiumin with an egg to crack it open. 
 
"I didn't do anything...she started ignoring me after she got back from her date with Myungsoo, so he probably said something she didn't like," I said analyzing it. "Myungsoo is the type to say one thing and your whole world crashes down in an instant."
 
"How would you know?" Tao asked. 
 
"Well, I'm also his stepbrother," I said as they gasped even louder with shocked faces. 
 
"First you tell us you're in love with Haneul, then you say you're Myungsoo's brother?! What's next? You're an astronaut?! An idol?! The president of S. Korea?!" Xiumin shouted from all the shock. 
 
"That's impossible," Kris said and looked at me, furrowing his eyebrows. "But this is some chaotic family business."
 
I just nodded and stared at the wooden ceiling with a sigh. 
 
"Why don't you go ask Myungsoo?" Tao then asked as I rose up from the floor. 
 
"What?" I asked. 
 
"Ask why Haneul's ignoring you. He is the reason why, right?" he asked as I just stared at him. "I'm sure he'll tell you."
 
"I don't think so," Kris said shaking his head. "Things like that, people aren't really comfortable taking about-"
 
"But knowing the Myungsoo now, I'm sure he will," I said and looked at my wristwatch. "Maybe I will talk to him about it."
 
"Wouldn't that be awkward though?" Xiumin asked, rolling onto his stomach. 
 
"What's there to be awkward about between a conversation of brothers?" I asked and stood up. 
 
"Eh, you're going to see him now?" Kris asked staring at me as I nodded. 
 
"He's getting off of work now and it's better to talk about it sooner than later," I said and waved them goodbye. "I had a fun time today. Lets hang out again soon when Luhan comes back."
 
They just nodded and waved me goodbye while I went into the changing room to change into my causal street clothes. 
 
I took a bus to the Nam house and didn't see Myungsoo's car yet. Huh, he should be home by now.
 
Myungsoo's POV~
 
I stood in front of Haneul's house hesitating to ring the bell. I don't know if I was more nervous to talk to Haneul or to see Woohyun, but I was really nervous. 
 
"Okay, Myungsoo...you can do this," I said with a deep exhale and knocked on the door, having it open after the 3rd knock. Haneul was the one who opened the door and she didn't look too pleased to see me. 
 
"Hey," she softly said, traveling her eyes down to the ground. "What brings you here?"
 
"I wanted to apologize to you," I said hanging my head low. "I was a jerk during our date. I shouldn't have brought it up...about you, Woohyun and everything else. I was selfish and jealousy took over because I, too, love you Haneul, but I know you can never return that feeling. My anger took over and I was cold towards you, therefore I'm sorry."
 
She didn't respond and still avoided my eyes. 
 
"Haneul, you really love Woohyun, don't you?" I then asked as she slowly nodded. "You'll really be loved by him."
 
That made her look at me. I smiled and placed my hand on top of her head. 
 
"We both know he loves you too," I softly said. "I don't think I can compete with him in this love, so I've been thinking about this these past two weeks. Maybe it'd be better if we both...."
 
I couldn't bring myself to say it, but I knew I had to. In order to make the two people I care most for to be happy, I have to end it myself. 
 
"Myungsoo, it'd be better if we both what?" Haneul asked, furrowing her eyebrows. I gently smiled and caressed her face. 
 
"If we cancel our marriage."