Chapter 7

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

3rd Person POV~
 
Haneul had returned home from the party still thinking if Myungsoo was going to be fine. 
 
"Don't think too much Haneul, he'll be fine," Mrs. Park said and kissed her forehead as they entered their house. 
 
"Unnie~!" Minah shouted while running up to Haneul. "How was the ball? Did you meet your Prince Charming?"
 
Haneul smiled and nodded. "I got to meet him, but I never got to his face. He was tall and handsome."
 
"Awwh~ I want to meet my Prince Charming," Minah said with a pout and crossed her arms. They laughed at her and Haneul set her down. 
 
"Aren't you supposed to be asleep missy?" Haneul asked. Minah shook her head. 
 
"I was waiting for you," she said. Haneul smiled and brushed her hair back when Luhan came down the stairs with messy hair and feathery scarves around his neck. "Oh~ oppa and I were too busy playing Princess. Do you want to join us?"
 
Haneul laughed and took the scarves off of Luhan. "I had enough playing at the party, looks like Luhan had enough too."
 
Luhan smiled and fixed his hair. "How was the party?"
 
She sat down and took off her heels, feeling her feet bruise up. Luhan noticed and being the nice brother he is, he began massaging it. "The party was good, but then it got a bit chaotic."
 
"Really? How so?" he asked. 
 
"I met this guy there," she said feeling herself blush. Luhan chuckled and continued to massage her feet. 
 
"Tell me more about it," he said. "Was he handsome like me?"
 
"He was," Haneul smiled. "For sure he had a manly look and didn't look a child."
 
"Yah, what are you trying to say? With a face like mine, I'll look young no matter what. If I was to be 50, people will still see a 20 year old," Luhan said as Haneul laughed. 
 
"Of course, once you're 50 people will still treat you like you're 5," she said now making him laugh. 
 
"So, did you at least get his name?" he asked as Haneul shrugged. "What's that shrug supposed to mean?"
 
"I never got his name, but he did leave this behind," she said and held out his bracelet. "I'm guessing his name is Woohyun."
 
Luhan looked at it then smiled, "Well, now I want to know what part it was that was so chaotic."
 
"The guy I was supposed to marry was choking-"
 
"BWOH?!?!?!" Luhan shouted with wide eyes. "YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED?!?!?"
 
Haneul blinked at him and slowly nodded. "Why are you getting married at such a young age?! You haven't even graduated yet from high school! What did you get pregnant? You know better than that Han-"
 
"Oppa! It's not like that," Haneul said with a pout. "And yes I know better than you get knocked up. Umma and appa planned this marriage because we'll be giving our share of business to the Nam residence."
 
"Why are they doing that?" Luhan asked, sitting next to Haneul. "Are they planning on becoming bigger and better?"
 
"That I don't know of either," Haneul sighed. "But anyways, Myungsoo, his name is, was coughing and his face was turning red, then it was getting pale. Everyone was freaking out."
 
"Maybe someone was trying to poison him, like the witch in Snow White because she was the fairest of them all," Luhan said, making Haneul laugh. 
 
"Oppa, you've been doing too much role playing with Minah," she laughed. "But I was really worried about him."
 
"Oh, dearest sister you worry about everything," Luhan said in a princess like voice, making her laugh even more. "But still, this isn't the way to marry someone. You have to love them to marry them, not because your parents forced you to. As long as you agreed to it then I won't object, but if umma and appa are really forcing you to do it, well then, they'll have to deal with me."
 
"I just want to do what's best for the family," she said and got up from the chair. She stretched then yawned, "Today has really been a tiring day, I'm going to bed."
 
"Good night," Luhan said and watched her walk upstairs to her room. He sighed and said, "I come back from China and she's already getting married."
 
He shook his head and chuckled to himself, also heading into his room. 
 
----------
 
Days have gone by and Myungsoo was being discharged, still not knowing that Woohyun had left the place. He was buttoning up his shirt when his mother walked in. 
 
"Myungsoo, are you ready to go?" she asked in a hushed tone as he nodded. 
 
"Where's Woohyun? I want him to go buy me some bread," he said, looking behind Madam. 
 
"He's not important right now. We'll have the old hag buy it for you," she said and walked out with Myungsoo following behind. 
 
"The old hag? You mean halmeoni?" Myungsoo asked as she nodded. "Why can't Woohyun just buy it?"
 
"He's too busy," she said and they drove off home. 
 
"What exactly is he too busy with?"
Myungsoo asked during the car ride. 
 
"Everything, what else?" Madam said with an uninterested tone. Myungsoo had to agree that Woohyun is the one who does everything in the household. After a half hour drive, they arrived home. Myungsoo was greeted by all the maids and butlers in the house along with his brothers and father. 
 
"It's nice to see to back home son," Mr. Nam said, hugging Myungsoo. He looked around looking for Woohyun to talk because Mrs. Nam had told Myungsoo, Woohyun had snuck the chili powder in his food. 
 
"Where's Woohyun?" Myungsoo asked his father. He looked at Myungsoo then to Mrs. Nam. "Did something happen to him?"
 
"He's gone for good," Sunggyu said with a smirk. 
 
"He tried to kill you, so we didn't have the choice but to let him go," Sungjong said, looking at his nails carelessly. Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows and looked at his parents for confirmation; they nodded. 
 
"Did he honestly try to kill me?" he asked as they nodded. "He wouldn't do that though."
 
"Tch, who wouldn't want to kill you?" Dongwoo muttered, earning an elbow in the stomach from Hoya. Myungsoo looked at Dongwoo and without another word, he entered the house and immediately headed down to Woohyun's room. 
 
"Woohyun!" Myungsoo shouted, swinging the door open. He saw that it was empty and cold. His belongings were still there, but not him. Myungsoo tightened his jaw and stomped back upstairs. 
 
"How long has he been gone?" he asked, angry. He usually never gets angry about something like this, especially if its about Woohyun. "I asked you all how long it's been!"
 
"You've been gone for 3 days, so...3 days," Sungyeol said, counting with his fingers. 
 
"He's been gone for 3 days without food and water? Did he at least have warm clothes on?" Myungsoo asked with his eyes turning into black, round orbs. He looked at each and every one of them with his glare. 
 
"He left with a thin shirt, shorts and his bare feet," Hoya said, not feeling the slightest bit of guilt. 
 
"He's probably dead by now," Sungjong chucked, making them all laugh including their mother. Mr. Nam wasn't liking what he was hearing, but what could he do. With his health so bad, he can't argue back to defend his own son. 
 
"He's gone and nobody seems to care. Also, you just came back from the hospital, so why don't you go her some rest," Mrs. Nam said and led Myungsoo up to his room. He laid in his bed and excused her out, while biting his bottom lip. 
 
"If I was poor and homeless, where would I go? The train station?" Myungsoo asked himself and let out a sigh. After a few minutes of thinking, he got out of his bed and headed downstairs. 
 
"Myungsoo, what are you doing up?" Mrs. Nam asked while reading a magazine and sipping some tea. All his brothers were in the living room with her, doing their own things. 
 
"I'm going to find Woohyun," Myungsoo said, putting on a thin jacket for the cold, summer night. 
 
"WHAT?!?!?" they all shouted, making him roll his eyes. 
 
"Why?!"
 
"Just leave him!"
 
"No one cares about him!"
 
"Don't you even think about it!"
 
"You're not going to find him!"
 
"I will do as I please!" Myungsoo shouted at their comments. 
 
"But Myungsoo-"
 
"Eomeoni, we need Woohyun back. Without him, we can't get things done in this house," he said and left the house, caring less about their arguments. He just wanted to find Woohyun.
 
----------
 
Woohyun was still alive, but he was cold and hungry. He walked around Seoul, feeling dizzy and weak. People gave him stares of pity and of disgust, but he couldn't tell the difference because every expression looked similar to the other. He bumped into a man who had just come out from a shop with his wife. 
 
"I'm sorry," Woohyun said and continued to walk until everything went black and he felt something hard hit him...more like him hitting something hard. The man and his wife ran to Woohyun and immediately called for help. Meanwhile, Myungsoo couldn't find Woohyun anywhere, so he gave up and went home empty handed. 
 
"Told you you wouldn't find him," Sungjong said with an 'I-told-you-so' smirk. 
 
"You just wasted your time on someone useless like him," Hoya scoffed with a smirk and they all dispersed into their own ways, but before they could get any further, Myungsoo had called for them to come back. 
 
"What now?" Dongwoo asked, crossing his arms. 
 
"We're going to find him together," Myungsoo said with a serious tone, but then an evil grin appeared on his face, knowing they didn't want to do it. "We all know we miss his presence of him taking care of all our duties."
 
"But-"
 
"I don't care, lets go," Myungsoo said and they all left the house one by one.