Chapter 33

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?
3rd Person POV~
 
Haneul was taking the day off to go see Mr. Nam at the hospital with her parents and Luhan. Woohyun decided to stay home and stay with Minah and Sungsoo. 
 
"Hyung, are you sure you don't want to go?" Luhan asked while putting on his shoes. Woohyun softly smiled and shook his head. 
 
"I need to keep the house clean and take Minah to daycare. Then I'll have to wait for her to return," Woohyun said handing Luhan his black blazer. Luhan sighed and put on the blazer, looking into the full length mirror. 
 
"Hyung, I wonder...does Mr. Nam's family really love him? We didn't see them at the hospital at all, did they even show up?" he asked as Woohyun swallowed hard. 
 
"I don't know. Well, I'll be leaving now," he responded and walked out of Luhan's room. Luhan stared out his bedroom door and sighed. 
 
"Hyung, what exactly are you hiding from us?" Luhan whispered and fixed his tie. 
 
Woohyun headed into the kitchen when Mrs. Park stopped him. 
 
"Woohyun-ah, what's wrong with Sungsoo lately?" she asked him as he looked in the little glass window on the kitchen door at him. 
 
"I-I don't know," he replied as she sighed. "What's wrong?"
 
"He's been quiet lately. He's not the jolly Sungsoo anymore," she softly said and looked through the window at him. "Everyday when he brings food onto the table he'd say something really funny, but now...it's like his existence has disappeared. I was hoping you'd know something considering how close the two of you are."
 
She looked at Woohyun to tell her, but he didn't want to lose Sungsoo's trust. 
 
"I'm sorry Mrs. Park, but you'll have to ask him yourself. It's better to hear it from him yourself than from me," he said and bowed to her, then walked into the kitchen. Sungsoo showed no reaction and continued to stir his soup. "Hyung, they're starting to notice."
 
"Notice what?" he asked in a monotone voice. 
 
"You're acting different than usual and they think something's wrong with you. They know you're not sick," Woohyun said while leaning against the counter. "You'll have to tell them hyung."
 
"I know, but not now. Just a little longer Woohyun," he said and looked up from his soup to Woohyun. "I'll keep this secret just a bit longer from them."
 
Woohyun sighed and nodded. He patted Sungsoo's back and began making coffee for Mr. Park, as it's a daily routine to do so. 
 
After breakfast, Mr. and Mrs. Park were waiting in the car for Haneul and Luhan. Woohyun was helping Minah out with her outfit for the day when Luhan walked in. 
 
"Hyung, are you really sure you don't want to go? Didn't you tell me that he was once your 'master'?" Luhan asked as Woohyun just kept on helping Minah with her clothes. "Are you even listening to me?"
 
"Yes I am Luhan," Woohyun said with a smile. "I don't think it's necessary for me to go see them again."
 
"Hyu-"
 
"Luhan, you should be going. Your parents are waiting for you and I'm pretty sure Haneul is waiting at the bottom of the stairs for you," Woohyun said, getting up from his knees. "I'll visit Mr. Nam another time, but not now."
 
Luhan nodded and left Minah's room, while Woohyun deeply exhaled. Minah tugged on Woohyun's shirt and furrowed her eyebrows. 
 
"Something's wrong with you oppa. I can see it in your eyes," she said as he gently smiled, picking her up in his arms. 
 
"Do you mind telling me what you see in my eyes?" Woohyun asked as she looked directly at him. 
 
"Oppa's hurt," she said, making his heart pound against his chest. "Oppa's missing someone really much and is hurt because he's afraid to see that person."
 
"Minah..." he softly said and sighed. "What if you're wrong?"
 
"I can never be wrong oppa," she said and kissed his cheeks. "Oppa, smile because you'll be able to make that person smile again."
 
He looked at this little girl and still couldn't believe what she was saying, even if it was true. He set her down and held her hand. 
 
"Shall we get going? We'll get some candy on the way to your daycare," he said and she happily jumped up and down. He chuckled and ruffled her hair. "Do you think I should go see that person?"
 
"It's better to than not to," she said and they both walked out of her room and down the stairs. "Umma and appa says, 'If you miss someone, all you have to do is see that person to stop missing them. All it takes is one second to look at that person to stop missing them.' Well, at least that's what umma and appa says, because when Luhan went away to China for his business stuff, I kept missing him. I would cry all day and night, but when we FaceTimed each other, I was happy again. Then from that day on, I stopped missing him because I knew he was thinking of me and that he'll be coming back. I knew we were gonna be able to laugh and play with each other again."
 
"Your parents taught you well," Woohyun said and they both entered his car. 
 
"That's what parents are for," she said and he drove off.  
 
Myungsoo paced around the hospital hallway in front of his father's room, thinking of how to bring Woohyun to see his father. He nibbled his nails to think when someone tapped his shoulders. He looked up and saw Haneul standing closely next to him. 
 
"Haneul?" he said as he saw the rest walk up to them. "Why aren't you in school?"
 
"I wanted to see abeoji, so I took the day off," she said with a warm smile. "How is he?"
 
"He's better now," Myungsoo answered and looked behind her for Woohyun. "Where's that servant of yours?"
 
"Servant?" Haneul asked, looking behind her. 
 
"He's not a servant," Luhan firmly said. "We don't like the term servant and his name is Woohyun."
 
"Woohyun, Boohyun, whatever," Myungsoo coldly said and looked at Haneul. 
 
"Jeez, and I thought you were actually a good guy," Luhan muttered, earning a light elbow from his father. 
 
"So, where is he?" Myungsoo asked again. 
 
"Uh, he's taking care of things at home. Why?" she asked. 
 
"He hasn't changed at all," he whispered and looked in Mr. Nam's room. "Well, shall we go in? He's been awake for awhile now."
 
They all nodded and headed into Mr. Nam's room. They all took a seat as he smiled at them. 
 
"Good morning," Mr. Nam said as they greeted him. "You guys didn't have to come this early in the morning."
 
"We know, but we were worried," Mr. Park said. "How are you feeling?"
 
"I'm better than I was last night," he said with a soft, gentle chuckle. "Don't you have school today Haneul?"
 
"I do, but seeing you is much more important abeoji," she said with a sweet smile. 
 
"Oh, you're calling me abeoji already even though you haven't married Myungsoo yet," he said with a smile as she blushed a bit. "I like it. Keep calling me abeoji."
 
"I will," she said while Myungsoo just stared at her. 
 
"Haneul, you said Woohyun will be home right?" Myungsoo asked her as she nodded. He looked at his wrist watch and sighed. "I'd like to spend some time with you Haneul, but I got work to finish up."
 
"You're going already?" Haneul asked, getting up from her chair.
 
"Yes, like I said I have work to finish. Someone's gonna have to do it," he said and bowed to the others. "I'll be taking my leave now. Abeoji, I'll come back tonight."
 
Mr. Nam nodded and they waved bye to Myungsoo as he walked out of the room. 
 
Woohyun's POV~
 
I was reading some books when Sungsoo came and sat next to me with two mugs of warm tea. 
 
"What are you reading?" he asked taking a sip of his tea. 
 
"I don't know," I said and looked at the cover of the book and read it out loud to him. 
 
"Oh, that's a good book," he said with a smile and sighed. "I'm planning on seeing my daughter."
 
"Really?!" I asked with round eyes. He smiled and nodded. 
 
"I don't plan to attend the wedding. I plan to just see her for a bit, even if its just for a second," he said and looked at me. "I was wondering if you'd come along with me."
 
"I'd be honor to!" I exclaimed as he chuckled. We continued to talk when the doorbell rung. 
 
"I'll go get it," I said and stood up, walking over to the door. I opened it and once I did, my breath stopped for a bit. "M-Myungsoo-ssi."
 
"Hello to you too, Woohyun," Myungsoo said with a smirk. 
 
"Shouldn't you be at the hospital with Mr. Nam?" I asked as he continued to smirk. 
 
"Shouldn't you let a guest in?" he asked. I clenched my jaw and moved out of the way for him to come in. "Are you not going to ask?"
 
"Please come in Myungsoo-ssi," I said and bowed to him as he walked in. "Is there something you n-"
 
"Come see abeoji," he said, cutting me off. 
 
"Eh?"
 
"Abeoji wants to see you again Woohyun. Go see him just for a bit," Myungsoo said now changing his tone of voice. "It's because of you that his health is getting worse."
 
"Of course it's me. Everything is my fault," I said as he scoffed. 
 
"That's not true," he said. "But what I'm saying is true. It's because he's missing you that his health is going down faster."
 
"But I don't want to-"
 
"Woohyun-ah, who's at the door?" Sungsoo said coming to us. "Oh? Myungsoo-ssi, good morning."
 
He bowed to Sungsoo, but kept his eyes on me. 
 
"Woohyun, what do you say? Go see abeoji just for one day," he said with a soft look. 
 
"Woohyun, what's he talking about? Your father?" Sungsoo asked as I clenched my fist. "Is your father sick?"
 
"I'm sorry Myungsoo, but I'll have to decline. I want no sort of contact with the Nam family," I said and bowed to him, then walked away. 
 
"Hyung!" Myungsoo shouted. I stopped and rounded my eyes. 
 
"Hyung?" Sungsoo asked. I didn't turn around, but I could feel that cold smirk of his. 
 
"It's the first time I'm calling you that," Myungsoo said. "Isn't it better to call you that than Woohyun?"
 
"Myungsoo-ssi, please can you-"
 
"Can't you just call me Myungsoo?" he asked. I turned around to see that soft face of his again. He deeply exhaled and hung his head. "Whatever you call me really doesn't matter, but please...please go see abeoji. It's for both your own good hyung."
 
"Don't call me hyung and I will not see abeoji," I said with a sharp pain in my heart. Sungsoo walked up to me and grabbed my shoulders. 
 
"Go and see him Woohyun-ah," he softly said. "I don't know what the situation is, but go and see him. Don't you think you've suffered long enough?"
 
"Sungsoo hyung," I softly said as he smiled. 
 
"If you go see your father, I'll attend my daughter's wedding," he said. "This I am willing to do."
 
"Hyung, tonight I'll come and pick you up so we can go see him," Myungsoo said and bowed to us, leaving the house. I deeply exhaled and looked down to the ground. 
 
"How am I going to face him?" I asked. 
 

"Simple; just be yourself," Sungsoo said and patted my back, soon walking away. Abeoji...do you really miss me? Or is Myungsoo just saying it to make a fool out of myself?