Chapter 20

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Haneul's POV~

School had ended and I walked out of the school to see Myungsoo smiling up at me. I just looked at him and walked the opposite direction. 
 
"Oh, Haneul, where are you going?" Key asked, standing in my way. 
 
"Uh, I was just-"
 
"Myungsoo hyung!" he shouted, waving at him. I rolled my eyes and continued to walked away. "Hey, Haneul. Myungsoo's here-wait, where you going?!"
 
"I'm going home," I said. He grabbed my arm and faced me. 
 
"But Myungsoo hyung is here," he said with a smile. 
 
"Myungsoo hyung? Since when did you become so close to him to call him a hyung?" I asked. He blinked at me and shrugged. 
 
"I call everyone hyung, don't I?" he asked. "Then should I call him oppa?"
 
I giggled and shook my head. "You're crazy!"
 
"Yah, why did you ignore me?" Myungsoo asked, walking towards us. 
 
"Yeah Haneul, why did you ignore him?" Key asked, slapping my arm. I glared at him and rubbed my arm, then looked at Myungsoo. 
 
"I thought you were picking the twins up, so I just left," I said. 
 
"I stopped picking them up. I'm only here to pick you up," he said. "I made Sunggyu pick them up from now on."
 
"Why is that?" I asked, noticing Key slowly walking away from us. 
 
"To have alone time with you," Myungsoo said with a smirk. "Why? I can't pick my fiancé up from school?"
 
I just looked at him as he smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling me with him to his car. 
 
"Wh-where are we going?" I asked him. 
 
"On a date. It's been awhile since we've gone on a date," he said and opened the passengers side as I got in. He got in the driver's seat and started to drive. 
 
"So, how was school?" he asked. 
 
"You should know, it's always boring," I answered while looking out the window. 
 
"I don't know because I've never been to school," he said as I looked at him with wide eyes. He looked at me and smiled, then turned back to face the road. "I was homeschooled. The only one who was homeschooled."
 
"So then you've never been to a school before?" I asked with interest as he chuckled. 
 
"I've been to schools, but never got to learn in them. Usually when the hyungs' school was hosting a festival, I would go, but I was never allowed to go in and see how a school actually looked like," he said with a soft voice. "I was envious of my hyungs and dongsaengs. They got to make friends, have fun and hold school festivals. Even better, they got to go to a school rather than staying home with the same teacher everyday, teaching different subjects. It was hard for me to talk with them because at school, my brothers always seemed to become closer and closer to one another."
 
"But looking at it now, you seem to be very close to them," I said as he scoffed. 
 
"It's all just an act," he replied with his eyes softening. "They didn't care about me, but one brother did."
 
"Really? And who's that? Hoya? Dongwoo? Ahh~ Sunggyu?!" I asked. He snickered and shook his head. 
 
"This hyung isn't around anymore because like me, he was an outcast in the family. Unlike me, he wasn't favored by anyone," he said and looked at me. "I'm pretty sure you've met my hyung before."
 
"I did? When?" I asked, trying to refresh my memories of another brother I might have forgotten. 
 
"I don't know, but I know you've met each other," he said and pulled over at a park. 
 
"I don't recall, but where is he now?" I curiously asked. 
 
"I don't know where exactly, but I know he's being taken care of by good people," he said and stepped out of the car, walking around to my side and opened the door. "Let's take a walk, shall we?"
 
I unbuckled myself and got out of the car. As soon as I did, Myungsoo grabbed my hand and we began walking. I could hear my own heart beating faster and faster as we held hands. 
 
"Your hands are actually really small now that I think about it," he said looking down at me. 
 
"Are you making fun of me?" I asked him as he chuckled. 
 
"No, I'm complementing you. I think your hands are cute," he said and kissed them as I gasped. 
 
"Y-yah, don't do such things in public," I said feeling myself blush. He laughed and pulled me against his body. 
 
"Can I not kiss my fiancé's hand out in public? Should I do something else to make people actually stare?" he asked with a smirk as I leaned back away from him. He leaned forward and pecked my cheek. "Your face is really red, yet so warm against my lip. Are you expecting for something bigger?"
 
I widened my eyes and pushed him away. I didn't know what was happening, but I can literally feel my heart jumping out of my chest. He looked at me and snickered, approaching me. 
 
"Let's just continue to walk, okay?" he said and grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers. 
 
Myungsoo's POV~
 
We walked in silence when she started talking, but it was a bit quiet. 
 
"What did you say?" I asked as she looked up at me. 
 
"Uh, I was just asking if you miss your brother. You know, the one that left," she asked as I stopped walking, staring at her. She looked at me and blinked. "Did I say something wrong?"
 
"Oh, uh, no you didn't," I said and continued to drag her with me. "You wanted to know if I miss my brother, right?"
 
She looked at me and nodded. 
 
"Although we weren't close, I felt like he was my real hyung," I said with honesty. "And since he took care of me, I miss him. I miss him taking care of me as if I was his real dongsaeng."
 
"Are you two perhaps step-brothers?" she asked as I nodded. 
 
"He's the son of Mr. Nam," I answered. 
 
"What's his name?" she then asked. 
 
"His name?" I asked as she nodded. "His name...you don't need to know his name."
 
"Why? He'll soon be my brother-in-law," she stated as I chuckled and ruffled her hair. 
 
"You'll never meet him Haneul," I said and let go of her hand. "I have a meeting to go too, so I'll drop you back home."
 
I looked at her as she nodded. I smiled and looked at the direction we came from. 
 
"Let's race back to the car. Last one buys dinner on our next date," I said as she widened her eyes. 
 
"You want to race back?" she asked as I nodded. "But I'm wearing heels."
 
"Exactly," I said with a grin and started walking away from her. She took off her heels and walked towards me. 
 
"At least give me a head start," she said. I stopped walking and nodded. 
 
"10 seconds," I said and she started running. "2, 4, 6, 8, 10!"
 
"Yah!! Count by ones!" she laughed as I ran after her. 
 
We ran and reached the car. She breathed heavily and looked at me with a smile. 
 
"You lost," she said as I scoffed. 
 
"Looks like it," I said with a smirk and opened the passenger door for her. 
 
"Don't tell me you lost on purpose," she asked. 
 
"Maybe," I said and chuckled. "Now get in the car."
 
I shut the door and walked to the driver's side, getting in when I felt her hand on my forehead, taking me by surprise. 
 
"You're sweating," she said wiping it with her hand. She then reached for a handkerchief and wiped my forehead. "There you go, still as handsome as before."
 
My heart began to beat faster than normal and I just stared at her. 
 
"What? Have you fallen in love with me already?" she teased. I looked away and awkwardly laughed. 
 
"Do you not remember? I said I would never fall in love with a girl like you. You're just an A-cup," I scoffed as she made a face and faced forward with arms crossed. "Not only that, but you're only a child."
 
"Yah!" she yelled. "Just take me home already."
 
I laughed and started the engine, soon driving away. I looked at her and could only feel my heart pound faster and faster. It's either I had a good exercise while running after her or that I've really fallen for her, but I'm gonna go with the fact that I ran after her and that my heart beat increased. Because there's no way I could fall in love this quick.