Chapter 56

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

3rd Person POV~
 
Today was finally the day, a somewhat special day for Myungsoo and Haneul. 
 
"Haneul, it's time to get into your dress," Mrs. Park said as Haneul softly smiled at her and nodded. In another room, Myungsoo was also getting ready.
 
"Myungsoo, tie your tie properly," Mr. Nam said fixing his tie for him. Woohyun just sat in the corner and looked at Myungsoo as he was fixing his suit in the full length mirror. Myungsoo looked at Woohyun through the mirror and silently sighed to himself. 
 
"Abeoji, I can have Woohyun help me with my suit. You can leave for now," Myungsoo said with a smile. "I need to talk to hyung privately too."
 
Mr. Nam nodded and left, leaving Myungsoo and Woohyun alone in the room. Myungsoo turned around to look at Woohyun. 
 
"Hyung, are you really okay with me marrying Haneul?" Myungsoo asked. Woohyun replied by shaking his head. "Then why aren't you stopping the wedding?"
 
"Isn't it a little too late for that?" Woohyun asked, losing hope already. 
 
"Hyung, it's not too late. We haven't even started the wedding," Myungsoo said, sitting across Woohyun. "Why are you giving up so fast?"
 
Woohyun just looked away and deeply exhaled. 
 
"I'm not giving up-"
 
"Then what are you doing? Taking a break?" Myungsoo asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "Once Haneul and I get married, you won't be able to make her yours anymore."
 
Woohyun clenched his jaw and stood up, leaving the room. Myungsoo heard the door click shut and slowly sighed. 
 
"Are you really not going to stop us?" Myungsoo softly asked. 
 
Woohyun walked down the hallway and stopped by Haneul's changing room, hesitating to enter when Luhan appeared next to him. 
 
"She wants to see you just as much as you want to see her right now," Luhan said with a gentle smile. 
 
"Welcome back Luhan," Woohyun softly said as Luhan snickered. 
 
"I don't need you to welcome me back, I need you to see Haneul," Luhan said, leaning his back against the wall. 
 
"If I see her in that wedding dress, I don't know what I'm going to do next," Woohyun said looking down to the carpet floor. Luhan stared at Woohyun and felt bad for the guy. 
 
"It's hard isn't it?" Luhan asked pushing himself off the wall, grabbing the door knob. "To see the woman you love marry someone else."
 
Luhan opened the door and they both saw Haneul in her dress with a makeup artist applying make up on her. Woohyun's heart began pounding immediately. 
 
Haneul saw the two through the mirror and she too felt her heart beating fast, but all she could do was smile. Woohyun didn't want to see her smile like that, so he left. 
 
"Oppa must really hate me now," Haneul softly said with Luhan closing the door behind him as he entered the room. 
 
"He doesn't hate you," Luhan assured. "He's just thinking of a way to end it."
 
Haneul stared at Luhan with soft eyes, then looked at herself in the mirror feeling her heart tighten. A tear suddenly slipped away from her eyes and rolled down to her jawline.
 
"Oppa, it's strange isn't it? To be smiling like this, but to have my tears stream down?" Haneul asked with a smile. "Isn't today supposed to be a special day for me?"
 
Luhan felt his heart squeeze and so he knelt down and hugged her. He brushed her curly hair back and kissed the top of her forehead. 
 
"Seeing you cry like this on your wedding day isn't something I want to see. I want to see you cry tears of joy," Luhan said, hugging her tighter. "I'm sorry I wasn't here to stop the wedding earlier, but I'm here now. My little sister will cry no more tears of pain."
 
Haneul sniffled and hugged Luhan tight. Mr. and Mrs. Park both entered the room to see Haneul crying in Luhan's chest. 
 
"Haneul, why are you crying?" her father asked, soothing her back. 
 
"Appa," Haneul softly cried. "I don't want to marry Myungsoo."
 
"Haneul, we have already-"
 
"I don't love Myungsoo!" she cried, looking up at her father. "Appa...I love Woohyun."
 
Her father and mother both stared at her then exchanged looks. 
 
"Haneul," Mrs. Park sighed. "We're both sorry, but...."
 
She couldn't bare to see Haneul cry and she didn't want to say she couldn't love Woohyun, but the wedding was already starting in 5 minutes. 
 
"But we have to get you down the isle," Mrs. Park said and wiped Haneul's tears away. Haneul held Luhan's hand and looked up at him. 
 
"Everything's going to be alright sis. I'm here," he smiled and helped her stand on her feet. 
 
Woohyun stood outside of the church, getting some fresh air when Mrs. Nam suddenly appeared. 
 
"What is this?" she scoffed with a smirk. "What are you doing here? A person like you shouldn't be here. There wasn't even an invitation for you to come and ruin the wedding."
 
"I was given a personal invitation," Woohyin said glaring at her. 
 
"You even dare to glare at me?" she asked. Woohyun scoffed and walked away. 
 
"Don't you dare ruin this wedding or else," she threatened, but Woohyun only smiled at her. 
 
"What, do you think I'll food poison Myungsoo again like at the masquerade ball? Or are you afraid that I'll take your daughter-in-law away from him?" Woohyun asked with a smirk. 
 
"What?" Mrs. Nam snarled. 
 
"Please don't get in my way and I won't get in yours. I'm going to stop this wedding whether you or Haneul's parents like it or not," Woohyun said and walked away into the church. He entered Myungsoo's room and slowly exhaled. 
 
"I know today's your wedding, but I won't let it happen. I'm being serious now, I won't let you marry Haneul," Woohyun said as Myungsoo snickered. 
 
"Hyung, you're too late," Myungsoo said with a smirk. "Today's a special day for Haneul and I...I won't let you ruin it."
 
"Myung-"
 
"Myungsoo, you should be heading out already," Mrs. Nam and dragged Myungsoo with her when he pulled away to look at Woohyun to say one last thing.
 
"Today Haneul will get married."