Chapter 8

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Haneul's POV~

"Why isn't umma and appa home yet?" Minah asked while we played with her dolls. 
 
"They're still busy shopping, they won't be back til dawn," I said and brushed her blonde doll. Luhan came into the living room and played with us too. 
 
"What are you guys playing?" he asked, taking one of the knitted doll. 
 
"House," Minah said and took the doll away from him, handing him a male one. "You can play with us. You're the daddy, okay?"
 
"Can't I just be the brother?" he asked while shaking the doll in his hand. 
 
"No! The family needs a dad!"
 
"But they also need a brother!"
 
"Not all!"
 
"Yes all!"
 
"People can be an only child!" 
 
"Stop arguing please," I said, pushing their heads away from each other. "Not all families have a brother and a father."
 
They both crossed their arms and stuck their tongues out at each other. "Oppa, stop that. You're 20 years old, you shouldn't be doing that."
 
"But I have a face of a child," he said and brushed his cheeks with the back of his hands. I rolled my eyes and continued to play when our mother walked in. 
 
"Umma~!" Minah shouted and ran up to her, giving her a hug. "Where's appa?"
 
"He's at the hospital with a patient," she said. 
 
"Who's this patient?" Luhan asked, making the male doll do Gangnam style. 
 
"We don't know. He's a young boy, probably around your age Luhan," she said and sat down besides us. "He bumped into us when we walked out of a shop and he immediately fainted. You don't know how bad he looked."
 
"Is he going to be okay?" I asked as she nodded. 
 
"Some rest and food will bring him back," she said with a soft smile. "Well, I'm gonna get some rest and don't plan on waiting for your father. He will be spending the night at the hospital with the patient."
 
We nodded and continued to play with the dolls as umma headed up to her room. 
 
"Unnie, do you think the patient is going to be okay?" Minah asked. 
 
"I don't know, but umma said he'll be fine," I answered and continued to play with her. We played for a few more hours and Minah was finally getting sleepy. 
 
"I'll put her to sleep, you go ahead and sleep," Luhan said and carried Minah up to her room while I followed, heading into mine. 
 
The next day, I woke up to umma making food; it's rare to see her cook. 
 
"Umma, what are you doing?" I asked, sitting down at the dining table. 
 
"I'm cooking for your father. Would you like to go to the hospital with me?" she asked, putting the food into separate containers. I nodded and went to get ready. 
 
Woohyun's POV~
 
I felt my head banging hard, waking me up from my sleep. I slowly opened my eyelids and was immediately blinded my the sunlight. I rubbed my eyes and looked at my surrounding, seeing everything white and clean; it almost felt like a dream. Then a man walked in, he was about my father's age. 
 
"Oh, you're awake," he said with a smile as I slowly nodded, then started to cough, making my head hurt even more. "I see your health isn't getting any better."
 
I rubbed my temples and looked at him. "May I ask who you are?"
 
He smiled and bowed to me. "I'm Park Hyunwoo."
 
"Park Hyunwoo? Why does that name sound so familiar?" I whispered to myself. He poured a glass of water and handed it to me with some medicine. 
 
"It's time for you to take your medication," he said. I looked at him then to the medicine he was holding, slowly taking it. I sat up as he sat down in a chair besides me and watched me swallow the medicine. "What's your name son?"
 
"I'm Woohyun," I answered him. 
 
"Why were you out in the cold alone? Not that you aren't old enough to be alone, but it looked like you were out for days without food and water," he said as I hung my head low.  
 
"I was kicked out," I said. He widened his eyes and had his mouth opened wide. 
 
"Of your own house?" he asked.
 
"I only worked for the household," I said, playing with the blanket. 
 
"You were a...a maid?" he asked as I slowly nodded. "How can someone like you be a maid? You're so handsome."
 
I smiled and thanked him when a girl walked in. 
 
"Oh, this is the right room," she said with a bright smile and an eye smile. Those eyes like really familiar. "Appa, umma made breakfast for you and the patient."
 
"Aigoo~ my wife and daughter are the best," the man said and hugged his daughter. She looked at me then smiled again, then bowed. 
 
"Annyeonghasaeyo, I'm Haneul," she said. I slightly bowed my head and looked at, then another women walked in. She must have been Haneul's mother. 
 
"How are you feeling?" the women asked with a warm smile. 
 
"I'm feeling better now," I said, returning a smile. I looked at the elder women, then to Haneul, who was too busy slicing fruits. 
 
"I just got done talking the doctor, he said you'll be able to leave the hospital tomorrow as long as you eat and take your medication," the elder woman said. I nodded and looked down to my hands, playing with my fingers when a fork with strawberry on it appeared in my face. I looked up and saw Hanuel holding it up. 
 
"Eat it, fruits are good for your body," she said with a sweet smile. She scooted closer to me and opened . "Say ahh~"
 
"You don't know him and you're already demanding him to eat," Mr. Park chuckled. I quietly chuckled and ate the strawberry. We sat in the room for awhile, getting to know one another more when Mr. Park's phone rung. He excused himself to answer the phone. 
 
"Woohyun, I never heard about your family background," Mrs. Park said as I felt my heart squeeze. "So, who are your parents and where are they now?"
 
I swallowed hard and sighed. "My mother died from a house fire and my father...I don't know who or where he is."
 
Haneul and Mrs. Park exchanged looks, not knowing what to say. 
 
"I'm sorry I asked such a question-"
 
"It's fine ma'am," I said, cutting Mrs. Park off. It wasn't long when Mr. Park came back. 
 
"Woohyun, we have a little business to handle. You'll be fine alone?" he asked as I nodded. 
 
"Don't worry about me sir. I'll be fine alone," I said with a smile. He smiled back and put on his blazer. 
 
"Lets go Haneul, we're going out for lunch with Myungsoo and his parents," Mr. Park said, catching my attention. 
 
"Excuse me, but are you meeting with Nam Myungsoo?" I asked as they nodded.
 
"Why? Do you know him?" Mrs. Park asked. 
 
"Ah, no I don't. His name is well know for being the son of Nam Bumsoo," I said. "But you should get going. Don't want to be late."
 
"Well then, we'll be back tomorrow to check up on you," Mr. Park said and walked out with his wife. 
 
"Have a good day Woohyun-ssi," Haneul said with a bow and left. I looked at the door then laid down in bed. 
 
"What is their relationship with my fam-" I stopped my sentence and changed it. "What is their relationship with Myungsoo?"