Chapter 49

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

Myungsoo's POV~
 
I woke up extra early to get ready for the date with Haneul today since it's Valentines Day. I put on my tie and looked at myself in the mirror, satisfied with the way I looked. I looked at my watch and had another 30 minutes or so until 9, the time to pick Haneul up, so I decided to go and buy some flowers on my way there. 
 
Arriving at her house with the roses in my hands, I walked up to the door knocking on it. The door opened and appeared Woohyun. He smiled at me and moved aside for me to enter. 
 
"Good morning Myungsoo," he said with a bow. 
 
"Good morning hyung," I said and bowed to him as well. "Is Haneul ready?"
 
"She's been ready for an hour now," he chuckled and looked up the stairs. "I'll go get her."
 
"No, it's fine. I'll go," I said and walked up the stairs to see Haneul. I knocked on her door and she opened it with a smile on her face. 
 
"Good morning Myungsoo," she said and looked at the roses. "Are those for me?"
 
I smiled and nodded, handing it to her. 
 
"Uwah~ they smell wonderful," she said and gently touched the petals. "Should we get going?"
 
I nodded and we both walked down the stairs as Woohyun just watched us. I knew what he what he was thinking, he was mesmerized by her beauty like I was. 
 
"Oppa, how do I look?" she asked Woohyun, twirling around in her red dress. I felt my heart tighten because she didn't bother to ask me.
 
"You're asking the wrong person," he said and looked at me. "Myungsoo, what do you think?"
 
I looked at her as she looked at me, curious. 
 
"She looks beautiful, much more beautiful than those roses," I said with a smile and she smiled back. "Let's go, we have a long day ahead of us."
 
She nodded and looked at Woohyun. 
 
"I'll be going now oppa," she said and bowed. "Don't wait up for me too."
 
He nodded and bowed to us as we walked out. Haneul kept looking back at the house while walking to my car; I knew she wanted to spend today with him, but I couldn't let that happen. 
 
I opened the passenger's side door for her and she got in. I walked around the car and got in the driver's seat, starting up the engine and drove off. 
 
Woohyun's POV~
 
"Woohyun, here are all the documents I need you to send," Mr. Park said handing me some envelopes. "I'm sorry you have to do this."
 
"It's fine," I said with a smile. "You're a busy man and Luhan isn't here to help you out, so I'm more than happy to help you."
 
He smiled and nodded, saying, "Thank you Woohyun. I don't know what I'd do without you. Well I'll be heading to work now, don't wait up for me."
 
"Have a good day," I said and bowed to him as he left the house. I looked at the address on the envelope and saw that it was addressed to the Nam house. I forgot that they were working together. 
 
"Oppa, are you going out?" Minah asked coming up to me. 
 
"Yep, I need to sen these to the Nam house," I said holding up the envelopes. 
 
"Can I come with you too? After you finish your errands, we can go out and play," she said as I smiled and nodded. 
 
"Let's go then," I said and went to let Mrs. Park know. 
 
"Have fun you two," she said with a smile and we both bowed to her. I held onto Minah's hand and walked out to the car. 
 
"Oppa, do you think unnie and Myungsoo are having fun right now?" she asked once we got in the car. 
 
"I think so, but Myungsoo doesn't usually have fun," I chuckled and drove off to the Nam house. 
 
"Huh? Why is that?" she asked. 
 
"That's just how he is, but who knows he might enjoy himself today," I said and soon then we arrived at the Nam's house. We both got out and walked up to the house being greeted by the maids and butlers. 
 
"Oh, oppa~!" Minjung shouted from the garden, running up to me. "How've you been?"
 
"Oh, I've been good. How about you and the others?" I asked. 
 
"We're all doing well," she said with a smile. "But why did you come back to this hel-"
 
"Language," I said cutting her off then looked at Minah. "There's a little girl here."
 
"Oh...oh~ aren't you the Park family's little girl? Minah, right?" she asked as Minah nodded. 
 
"How do you know?" she asked as Minjung smiled. 
 
"Myungsoo likes to talk about you all. I'm one of the head maids here with halmeoni and so I help take care of Mr. Nam. Whenever Myungsoo talks to him, he always talks about you guys; he says a lot of good things," she said as Minah smiled. "Myungsoo really loves you guys, especially your unnie Haneul."
 
"Myungsoo loves Haneul?" she asked then looked up at me. "But I thought you lov-"
 
"Minjung, where's abeoji?" I asked, cutting Minah off. 
 
"Oh, he's up in his room. Would you like to come in?" she asked opening the door for us. 
 
"Sure, I have some things to give him," I said and entered the house with Minah. I walked up the stairs when Minjung stopped me. 
 
"He transferred rooms with Myungdoo, he's now in the 1st level so that he wouldn't have to walk up and down those stairs. You know your way around the house so just go to Myungsoo-ssi's old room," she said and bowed, leaving me and Minah. I held onto Minah's hand and led her to the room abeoji was using, then entered to see him watching TV in bed. 
 
"Excuse me," I said knocking on the door. He looked at me and smiled brightly.  
 
"Woohyun-ah," he said about to get out of bed, but I stopped him. 
 
"Just stay in bed abeoji," I said and took a seat next to his bed with Minah on my lap. "I brought over some paperwork for you from Mr. Park."
 
"Eh? How do you know the Park family?" he asked, remembering that I haven't told him about my relationship with the Park family.
 
"Ah, I didn't tell you but I'm working for them," I said hugging Minah while resting my chin on her head. 
 
"Really? How nice," he smiled and looked at Minah. He then gently pinched her cheek. "It's looks like they like having you around."
 
"Of course we do because oppa's fun to have around," Minah said smiling up at me. "I don't know what would happen if oppa left us."
 
"You really don't want him to leave your side, huh?" abeoji asked as Minah nodded. "Then I give you permission to keep him with you."
 
"Eh? Why are you giving me permission?" she asked blinking up at me. "Why is he giving me permission to keep you?"
 
"You haven't told them?" he asked as I nodded. 
 
"The only ones who know is Luhan and Sungsoo, the others don't know," I said as Minah just stared at me. 
 
"Oppa, what are you talking about? Are you keeping a secret from me?" Minah asked then looked at abeoji, who looked away. 
 
"Minah, Mr. Nam isn't only Myungsoo's father...he's...he's my father as well," I said as Minah just stared at me. 
 
"How can that be? You work as a housekeeper instead of living like them," she said, confused. 
 
"I know, but it's true. Mr. Nam is my father," I said and she just widened her eyes. "But you can't tell anyone, okay?"
 
You can trust me oppa! I won't tell a single soul!" she said with a determined face. "Don't worry abeoji, I won't tell anyone about your relationship with my oppa!"
 
Abeoji laughed and petted her head. 
 
"I'm counting on you," he smiled. 
 
"Ah~ thank you for letting me keep Woohyun too," she smiled as I chuckled. "I'll take care of him."
 
"More like me taking care of you," I said and kissed the top of her head.
 
We stayed with abeoji the sun was just setting. Minah and I didn't get to play outside, but she had fun with abeoji, Minjung, halmeoni and the other maids inside the mansion. She even tired herself out by running around the place. 
 
"You two should be going home. I'm sure her parents are worried," abeoji said as I nodded. 
 
"We'll be going then," I said and slightly bowed with Minah asleep in my arms. "Stay healthy and strong abeoji."
 
"I will," he said and waved us goodbye as I walked out with Minah to the car. I laid her in the backseat and made sure she was comfortable, then got in and drove off. 
 
Getting home, I tucked Minah in and decided to wait up for Haneul even though she told me not to, but to make time go by faster I decided to make chocolate covered strawberries for her.