Chapter 53

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

3rd Person POV~

It's been two weeks since Myungsoo cancelled the wedding with Haneul, but it wasn't official yet considering that they haven't told their parents yet.

"Myungsoo, have you talked to abeoji yet?" Woohyun asked as he, Myungsoo and Haneul were at a cafe talking.

"Abeoji?" Haneul asked as Woohyun and Myungsoo widen their eyes. "Oppa, since when did you call Mr. Nam abeoji?"

Myungsoo and Woohyun exchanged looks while Haneul just looked at them suspiciously.

"Are you two hiding something from me?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "Oppa, why did you just call Mr. Nam abeoji?"

"Uh well you see...Mr. Nam is actually my...he's my," Woohyun couldn't really say it, so he looked at Myungsoo who sighed.

"Mr. Nam is Woohyun's dad, so in other words we're both step-brothers," Myungsoo said as Haneul widened her eyes.

"You're kidding me! Yah, don't tease me like that!" she scolded, but they could only nod saying it was true. She couldn't believe her ears and just stared at the two who sat in their seats like children who just got yelled at.

"I'm sorry I kept this secret from you," Woohyun said, avoiding her eyes. "But the only ones who knows is you, Luhan and Sungsoo hyung."

"Why did you keep it a secret?" Haneul asked as he scratched his head.

"Well, I was hoping to never be in contact with any of the Nam family and start fresh, but...I guess I just didn't want anyone knowing someone like me, an original Nam member, would be working as a house maid," he answered. Haneul sighed and warmly smiled.

"That's true, if I found out you were Mr. Nam's son, I would've questioned why you were working for us," she said and brushed his hair back with her fingers. "But why did Myungsoo keep your secret?"

"I don't know, maybe he understood me well enough to say it," Woohyun said and looked at Myungsoo. "But anyways, about this marriage of yours and cancelling it, have you talked to abeoji?"

"I haven't had the time to talk to him at all; I haven't even had the time to sleep ever since I took over his companies," Myungsoo said sipping his coffee. "Haneul, what about you? Have you talked to your parents?"

"Ever since Luhan left to China, appa's had to do more work without the help of Luhan and umma's been helping him out at work. They come home late and just go straight to sleep," she said with a pout. "What are we going to do when we don't have the time to talk to any of them?"

"I don't know, but we have to tell them soon before the wedding," Woohyun said as they both looked at him.

"There is no wedding," they both said.

"But your parents don't know that," Woohyun said with a sigh. "You two are to get married after you graduate, right Haneul?"

"That's what I was informed," she said, looking at Myungsoo who nodded in agreement. "I don't graduate in another month or so."

"A month goes by quicker than we think," Woohyun said and rubbed his chin. "But we gotta tell them soon, we don't have much time."

"Do we really need their permission though? I mean, we're both adults here we can make our own decisions. Just because our parents are old doesn't really give them much authority," Myungsoo said tapping his fingers on the table. "Sure they both may be the richest people in Korea, but what gives them the right to decide on who and when we get to marry."

"Uh, maybe because they're our parents?" Haneul said with a 'duh' face. She then looked at Woohyun and asked, "Can't you talk to my parents about it or to Mr. Nam?"

"Me?" Woohyun asked pointing to himself as she nodded. "Wouldn't it be better if you two talked it over with them yourselves? If I was to tell them to cancel the wedding, they'd look at me suspiciously and question me."

"Why is it so wrong for you to cancel it? You love Haneul, don't you?" Myungsoo asked. Woohyun looked at Haneul and nodded. "Then why is it so hard to cancel it yourself?! Just simply tell them that you love Haneul and that you can't stand seeing her marry another man!"

"But it's not as easy as you say it is Myungsoo," Woohyun said. "I really do love Haneul and I can't stand seeing her marry another man, but think about it. I'm a nobody now and you two are marrying because of the companies both our parents control. I can't even handle a single company, so how am I going to work with the rest when I have no experience?"

Myungsoo hadn't thought of that and bit his bottom lip to think; Haneul too didn't think about it and sighed.

"But even still, if Woohyun and I were to marry whether he's experienced or not, wouldn't we still be able to combine our businesses?" Haneul asked, but the two shrugged. Myungsoo sighed and looked at his watch.

"I have to get back to the office, we'll talk about this another day," he said and stood up. "I'll try and talk to aboeji and eomoni about it tonight. You two try to talk to Mr. and Mrs. Park too."

"We will," Woohyun said and stood up with Haneul. They all walked out of the cafe and parted with Myungsoo.

"Will umma and appa even approve of cancelling the wedding? They seemed so excited about it," Haneul said as she walked next to Woohyun. He looked down at her and grabbed her hand, interlocking their fingers.

"I don't know either, but we'll just have to wish for the best," he said and gently squeezed her hand. "Hey, let's stop at the cake shop. I promised I'd buy her a cake earlier today."

She nodded and so they headed to a cake shop.

Myungsoo's POV~

It was already 10:30pm, so I packed up my things and headed home. Once I opened the door, I saw aboeji and my mother standing in front of the doorway. Mr. and Mrs. Park soon then appeared from behind them. 

"Good evening," I said with a bow and just stared at them. "Why are you two here at this hour?"
 
"We were discussing your wedding with your parents," Mr. Park said with a smile. 
 
"About the wedding...I-"
 
"Myungsoo, tomorrow we'll go look for your suit and bring Haneul along to find a dress," Mrs. Park said with an excited smile. "We'll also pick out invitation cards and pick-"
 
"I'm sorry, but I-"
 
"If you can't make it tomorrow we can go the next day," abeoji said, but I shook my head. 
 
"Abeoji, I can't go pick my suit today, tomorrow or ever," I said as they all looked at me. "I'm sorry, but this wedding can't-"
 
"It's fine, we'll buy the suit for you ourselves. We know your size anyways," my mother said while I just looked at her in disbelief. "Do you plan to have your brothers be groomsmen?"
 
"I don't plan to have anyone be my groomsmen for this wedding because I don't plan to marry Haneul," I finally said as they all stared at me. "I'm sorry, but I can't marry her."
 
"Don't be silly Myungsoo, of course you can," my mother said with a smile. "No matter what, this wedding will happen."
 
"Eomoni-"
 
"Myungsoo, is my daughter not good enough for you?" Mr. Park asked. I didn't want to say anything that would disappoint him or Mrs. Park. 
 
"She's perfect, but that's not the point. I can't marry her because she loves another man," I said, but they still showed no reaction. 
 
"Whether she loves another man or not, remember that this marriage was planned by us to join our companies together," Mr. Park softly said. 
 
"I know, but-"
 
"Myungsoo, please, just marry my daughter," Mrs. Park said with sincere eyes. 
 
"If you give me another reason why I should marry her, other than our businesses joining together, then I'll marry her," I said and stomped up to my room. I immediately called Woohyun and informed him about the situation when my bedroom door opened. 
 
"Myungsoo-ah," my mother said walking in with abeoji. 
 
"Hyung, I'll talk to you later," I said and hung up my phone. "What is it?"
 
"Myungsoo, why did you say you couldn't marry Haneul? Do you know how disappointed her parents looked?" abeoji asked with soft eyes. 
 
"I already told you all earlier that she loves another man-"
 
"That doesn't matter," my mother said. I glared at her and deeply exhaled. 
 
"You don't understand a thing do you," I firmly said as she just looked at me. "People get married because they want to spend the rest of their lives together, to grow old together because they love each other. I can't marry someone who doesn't love me and forcing her to love me is wrong."
 
"Myungsoo, love doesn't always go right," abeoji said and I know it doesn't, but I'm going to make sure it does for others. "No matter what, you are going to get married to Haneul, got it? Don't disappoint me and most importantly don't disappoint her parents."
 
I didn't want to answer him, but he glared at me for an answer. 
 
"I can't do it-"
 
"You can and you will," my mother firmly said and walked away leaving abeoji alone with me. 
 
"The man who Haneul loves will just have to let her go," abeoji said and was going to close the door when I said something. 
 
"What if it was Woohyun hyung?" I asked as he looked at me. 
 
"That's impossi-"
 
"Love isn't impossible abeoji," I softly said. "A princess doesn't always have to end up with a prince."
 
"What fairy tale are you talking about? This is reality, of course not every princess is going to end with a prince," abeoji said and shut the door behind him. 
 
"That's right, this is reality; that's why I'm going make this reality turn into a fairy tale for the two people I love."