Chapter 48

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

Haneul's POV~
 
Weeks have gone by and tomorrow was already Valentines day! I was stressing over what to get for Woohyun, but I couldn't forget Myungsoo too. Of course the only thing that came to mind was chocolate. 
 
"Unnie~ what are you going to do tomorrow? Are you gonna go out with Woohyun oppa?" Minah asked as she ate her fruit snacks. We both were in the living room with the TV on. 
 
"I don't know, most likely not," I said while looking at magazines to get some tips on gifts, but all I saw was chocolate of different shapes, sizes and flavors. 
 
"Why not? Are you going out with Myungsoo then?" she asked as I shrugged. "You don't know either?"
 
"Well, Myungsoo and I haven't been able to see each other because he's always working, so we weren't able to plan a date," I replied and flipped the page in the magazine. 
 
"But valentines day will be on a weekend, Myungsoo oppa doesn't work on the weekends," she stated as I realized it just now. 
 
"That's right~!" I said and shut the magazine. "But would he want to go on a date tomorrow? Is he even into those stuff?"
 
"I don't know, but if he's not then you could always go with Woohyun," Minah said with a smile. "I'm sure he'd like it."
 
"Like what?" his voice said from behind me. I looked up and met eyes with him, making my heart beat fast. 
 
"A little da-"
 
"It's nothing," I said, covering Minah's mouth. He looked at me suspicious, but he didn't ask any further questions. I let go of Minah's mouth and she immediately began talking. 
 
"Oppa, what are you doing tomorrow? Unnie wants to go out on a little date," Minah asked as I gasped, looking at her with wide eyes.
 
"Tomorrow? Why?" he asked with a blank look. 
 
"Tomorrow, it's Valentines Day~!" Minah exclaimed with a bright smile. "It's a day for romance!"
 
Woohyun snickered and sat to Minah on the couch. 
 
"Shouldn't everyday be romantic?" he asked, making my heart beat faster the way he said it. 
 
"It should be, but tomorrow's even more romantic!" Minah said and pointed at me. "Unnie wants to go on a date with y-"
 
"Minah!" I shouted her name to stop, which she did. I didn't know what to say after that because I was too nervous and embarrassed to say anything when Woohyun was right there. 
 
"Anyways~ oppa, you should take Haneul out," Minah continued to say. Woohyun looked at me and smiled. 
 
"I don't have the rights to take her out on valentines day, that's Myungsoo's job," he said in a sweet tone, but it wasn't so sweet to my ears. "I have errands to run tomorrow too for Mr. Park since Luhan isn't here anymore to run the errands."
 
"Can't you just not do the errands then?" Minah asked, but Woohyun shook his head. 
 
"If I don't do it then who will?" he asked and ruffled her hair. "Although it'd be nice to hang out with Haneul, I just don't have the time. Besides, I'm sure Myungsoo has a plan for the both of them since he doesn't work on weekends."
 
"That's right," Minah said and smiled. "Can we make chocolates tomorrow though, once you're done with your errands?"
 
"Of course we can~!" he chuckled and kissed her forehead. Every time I see him kiss her, I always become envious...of my own little sister!
 
"Haneul, would you like to join us too?" she asked me, but I shook my head. 
 
"Like oppa said, I'm sure Myungsoo has plan for us tomorrow," I said and forced a smile. I opened back up my magazine when the doorbell rung. 
 
"I'll get it," Woohyun said and got up, heading to the door. "Oh, good afternoon Myungsoo."
 
I looked up and turned to the look at the door to see Myungsoo walk in. He was in his work clothes, as usual, always looking so sophisticated. 
 
"Oppa~!!" Minah shouted and ran up to Myungsoo, giving him a hug. 
 
"Hey, how've you been?" Myungsoo asked picking her up in his arms. 
 
"Just great~!" she answered and looked at me. "Oppa, do you plan to take unnie out tomorrow for Valentines Day?"
 
"Minah, why do you always ask such sudden questions?" I asked getting up from sitting on the floor for too long. 
 
"Valentines Day?" Myungsoo asked as she nodded. "That's the reason why I came over today, so I could talk to Haneul about our date tomorrow."
 
"Really?!" Minah shouted as he chuckled and nodded. "Where are you two going?!"
 
"Uh. I was just planning on taking her to a nice dinner then give her something," he said. 
 
"Give her something? What is it?!" she curiously asked with round eyes. 
 
"It's a secret," he winked and set her down. 
 
"A secret?" she asked as he nodded. "I can keep a secret~!"
 
Myungsoo and Woohyun both chuckled then looked at each other, which then made them both stop. They cleared their throats and looked away while I just stood there with Minah, wondering what their relationship was. 
 
"Haneul, about tomorrow...would you like to go on a date? We could go anywhere you'd like and do whatever you want," Myungsoo said with a smile while rubbing the back of his neck. "We don't even have to go the restaurant I reserved for tomorrow."
 
"Of course we should go," I said and smiled. "How about we go to the Namsan tower tomorrow before we go to dinner?"
 
"Oh, dinner is actually in the Namsan tower," he said surprised. "But we could do things there, like take a walk at the Namsan park or ride the cable cars."
 
"That sounds exciting~!" I said and he smiled brightly at me. 
 
"Then it's a date! I'll come by and pick you up tomorrow morning, probably around 9," he said and looked at his wristwatch. "I have to get going. I need to take abeoji back to the hospital for his monthly checkup."
 
"I feel like it's been forever since I've last seen him," I said. "May I come with you? I'd like to know how he's doing."
 
"You're more than welcome to come. I'm sure he'd like it too," he said and looked at Woohyun. "Would you like to come too?"
 
"No, I have no reason to go-"
 
"But abeoji-"
 
"Your abeoji is probably waiting for you, you should get going," he said and bowed to us, then looked at me. "I'll leave the hallway light on for you if you come home late."
 
"Uh, okay," I said and watched Woohyun walk away with Minah trotting behind him. "That's weird, the aura around him was different."
 
"Really? I hadn't noticed," Myungsoo said and opened the door, looking back at me. "C'mon, lets get going."
 
"Okay," I said and walked out with him. 
 
Woohyun's POV~
 
"Minah, what should we make for dinner today?" I asked, putting on an apron. 
 
"Cake~!" she suggested as I chuckled. 
 
"We can't make cake for dinner, but we can for dessert," I said while leaning against the counter to think. "Hmmm, lets not think about dinner right now. What should I make for Haneul tomorrow since it's Valentines Day?"
 
"Why would you make something for Haneul when there's White Day to do it? Isn't that the day the boys give the girls something?" she asked with a blank stare. "Can you really give two things on separate days?"
 
"You can and many people do," I said and sighed. "Since Haneul would be having dinner tomorrow, I'm sure she won't be hungry, so should I make chocolate covered strawberries as a little dessert?" 
 
"That sounds delicious~! I'm sure she'd love it!" Minah said with a happy smile. "Can I help you make it?!"
 
I chuckled and nodded, then said, "We'll make lots of sweets tomorrow after I finish up all my errands, then we'll have fun."
 
"Yay~!" she chimed and threw her hands up in the air. 
 
"Now let's start dinner, I'm sure anything I make you'll all eat it," I said as she nodded. I began taking out pots and pans to cook whatever we had when the thought it Valentines kept running through my mind. Valentines day, huh...I wonder how romantic Myungsoo and Haneul's date tomorrow will be.