Chapter 55

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

3rd Person POV~
 
Haneul and Myungsoo's wedding was getting near and they still couldn't talk their parents out of it. It was official, the two were getting married. The only thing left was for Woohyun to try himself. 
 
During breakfast, Woohyun kept hesitating while looking at Mr. Park to say something about ending the wedding. 
 
"Woohyun, I've talked to Myungsoo and it seems he chose you to be his best man," Mr. Park said sipping his coffee. "Isn't that great?"
 
"He chose me?" he asked, looking at Haneul who shrugged. "But what about his brothers?"
 
"I don't know about them, I guess he just likes you more than them," Mr. Park chuckled. He looked at his watch and set his coffee aside. "I have to go to work now and I've also heard from Sungsoo. It looks like he's coming back today for the wedding this month because he wants to prepare the food. He seems pretty excited for it."
 
Haneul just smiled and picked her food. 
 
"Mr. Park," Woohyun said as he was just getting up to go to work. "I've got something to ask you...well, a request actually."
 
"A request? What is it?" Mr. Park asked. 
 
"Let's talk privately," he said and stood up from the dining table. Woohyun walked away as Haneul watched him leave with her father. 
 
"What's going on?" her mother asked. Haneul herself didn't know either. 
 
"I wonder what request oppa's talking about," Minah said, nibbling her spoon. 
 
Woohyun and Mr. Park were in his little study room with the door shut for privacy. 
 
"Woohyun, I have to get to my office soon so make this request quick," Mr. Park said checking his watch. Woohyun's heart was pounding really hard against his chest, not knowing how to start his request. 
 
"Mr. Park," Woohyun began to say feeling his body heat up of nervousness. "My request is...I request that you...please, cancel the-"
 
"Appa~! Big Sungsoo's here~!" Minah shouted out from the door. "Hurry up~! He even brought treats!"
 
Mr. Park smiled and looked at Woohyun. 
 
"Let's talk another day Woohyun. For now, let's greet and welcome back Sungsoo," Mr. Park said and walked away with Minah as Woohyun couldn't believe what just happened. Just when he was having the confidence to ask him to stop the wedding, that confidence went down the drain in a split second. 
 
"I just missed my chance," Woohyun said with a sigh and walked out of the study room to see Sungsoo. As soon as he got to the living room, Sungsoo pulled him into a headlock. 
 
"Well, if it isn't Woohyun," Sungsoo chuckled, ruffling Woohyun's hair. "How've you been?"
 
"Swell," he replied and pulled himself free. "It's nice to see your jolly self again hyung."
 
"It feels nice being like this again," Sungsoo laughed and patted Woohyun's back. 
 
"Sungsoo~ you said you brought treats for us?!" Minah asked, jumping up and down. "Where is it?"
 
Sungsoo smiled and pulled out a bag of cookies, handing it to her. 
 
"Eat one cookie a day or else you'll have to see the doctor everyday," Sungsoo said and gently pinched her nose. Sungsoo then looked at Haneul and softly smiled. 
 
"My little girl will be getting married soon, how great is that?" Sungsoo said, brushing her hair back. 
 
"Your little girl has already married, she's my little girl," Mr. Park chuckled with a bit of jealousy. 
 
"She's like my daughter too," Sungsoo said and hugged Haneul. "Whatever you want to eat for your wedding, I'll make it all."
 
Haneul giggled and tapped her chin. 
 
"I want everything that Sungsoo loves making," she said and looked at her watch. "Oh, I have to get going. School isn't over for me yet."
 
"That's right, seniors get to leave school early, so this week you should be out of school," Sungsoo said as Haneul nodded. "Well then go and enjoy the rest if high school."
 
"Tch, not when it's all exams," she laughed and hugged them all goodbye when she got to Woohyun. "Oppa, take me to school. I also want to talk to you."
 
Woohyun nodded and bowed to the family, then left with Haneul. They both got in the car and he drove off to her school. 
 
"What did you talk about with my father?" Haneul asked looking at all the buildings zooming by.
 
"I didn't really get to talk to your father. As soon as I was beginning to talk, Minah interrupted us so I didn't get the chance to talk to him," Woohyun said with a disappointed sigh. 
 
"Is that so," she said and looked at him. "What were you going to ask him though?"
 
"Isn't it obvious? I was going to ask him to cancel the wedding because I love you," he said smiling at her. "But still, even if I was to try, your father still wouldn't care. Your wedding will still happen."
 
"Don't say that, it won't happen," she said, believing it although she knew it it was true that no matter how hard they've tried, their parents weren't going to give in. 
 
Woohyun dropped Haneul off at the front gates with Key waving happily at him, blowing kisses as well. 
 
"Key hasn't changed one bit," Woohyun chuckled with Haneul giggling. 
 
"Oppa, if I do marry Myungsoo you'll marry Key, right?" Haneul asked as Woohyun widened his eyes. 
 
"Do you think I'm that crazy?" Woohyun asked and looked at Key. "He's a good guy, but I'm going to get you."
 
Haneul laughed and waved Woohyun goodbye. 
 
"I'll see you after school oppa," Haneul said and left with Key, entering the school as Woohyun drove back home.
 
"Haneul, is it me or does Woohyun look even better?" Key asked with bright eyes. 
 
"He's gotten better looking," she giggled, entering their classroom. With a few more minutes until 1st hour began, Sungjong walked into Haneul's classroom walking up to her. 
 
"I saw you with Woohyun earlier," he said, sitting in the desk in front of her. "Don't tell me he's your chauffeur."
 
"Chauffeur? Oppa isn't my chauffeur," Haneul said as Sungjong scoffed. 
 
"Really? Then what is he to you? Your servant? Butler?" Sungjong asked with a smirk. 
 
"Why does it matter to you? He has no business with you anymore," Haneul said, glaring at Sungjong, but his glare was more intense. 
 
"You do know who is, right? Or is he hiding his little dirty secrets from you?" Sungjong asked. "He's a nobody. He's worked for my family ever since my mother married his father. You do know who his father is right?"
 
Haneul just stared at Sungjong and slowly exhaled. 
 
"You're not that smart you know? Of course I know who his father is because you said your mother married his father and you are Myungsoo's younger brother, so who else would be Woohyun's father as well as yours and Myungsoo's? You pretty much gave it away," Haneul said as Sungjong made an annoyed face. "Brother-in-law, what is it that makes you hate Woohyun so much? Is it because he's a better person than you? He's much more masculine? Why do you hate him so much?"
 
Sungjong stared at Haneul as she smiled at him, making him more pissed than before. 
 
"I hate the fact that he's nice to every single person he meets. He's always nice to those who even hate him! That throws me off every time he does something good to me when I do bad things to him!" Sungjong shouted as he slammed his hands on the desk, abruptly standing up. "It seriously ticks me off."
 
Haneul was still smiling and touched Sungjong's hand. 
 
"It seems that you like your hyung too," Haneul giggled, making Sungjong furrow his eyebrows. 
 
"You've misunderstood! I hate kind people!" Sungjong yelled and brushed her hand away. "Just like you! And yet you're going to marry Myungsoo too."
 
"Sungjong-ah, you're becoming like Myungsoo. Cold at first, but soon you'll become a real man like him. You'll learn to love those precious to you like him, I can already see it," Haneul said with a warm smile. 
 
"Crazy woman," Sungjong scoffed and turned away. "Since then, it's been boring and quiet around the house. Seeing him this morning...it was my first time seeing him again ever since he was thrown out of the house. He looked happy."
 
"Well, he is," she said as Sungjong glared at her. 
 
"Don't tell me he is or not! I don't care!" he yelled at her again, but she could only giggle at him. 
 
"You admire Woohyun too, don't you?" Haneul asked. 
 
"Yah! How many times do I have to tell you that I don't care for him?!" he shouted and crossed his arms as he blew his bangs away. "He has nothing to do with me anymore. He's not a part of my life anymore-"
 
"But you're still a part of his," Haneul smiled and with that the bell rung. 
 
"Listen, I'm going to say this one last time before I head out. Hyung and I have nothing to do with each other now," he snarled, but she still giggled at him. 
 
"You said hyung," she pointed out as he rounded his eyes. 
 
"Shut up!" he shouted with a red face. 
 
"Student at the back, you're not in this class," the teacher said as Sungjong stomped out, flipping his bangs. 
 
"I'm leaving anyways!" Sungjong yelled at the teacher and slammed the door. 
 
"Well that was some show," Key said. "I should've recorded it."
 
Haneul shook her head and smiled. Woohyun really is a great guy. Not only was he able to capture my heart, but his brothers' too hehe^^ But this may be the end for us...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
No, I won't let it end like this.