Chapter 24

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

Woohyun's POV~
 
I turned around and felt my heart lift up, relieved. 
 
"Hyung, why are you down here?" Luhan asked, walking up to me. 
 
"I was looking for the bathroom, but I guess I got lost," I casually lied and smiled. "Let's head back up shall we?"
 
He nodded and I led the way up seeing it getting lighter and brighter, but soon then the light was blocked by a figure. I looked up and widened my eyes, stopping to have Luhan bump into me. 
 
"Hyung, what's wrong?" he asked poking his head to my side. I couldn't reply though because I was completely frozen by Myungsoo's eyes. "Hyung?"
 
I snapped out of it and looked at Luhan as he gave me those big, curious eyes of his. His eyes then looked up at Myungsoo, who just stood in our way. 
 
"What are you two doing here?" he asked, narrowing his eyes. 
 
"Myungsoo, we were looking for the bathroom, but we seemed to have gotten lost," Luhan lied with a smile. Knowing Myungsoo, he didn't buy it. 
 
"This room is prohibited," he replied and just like that he walked away. I don't know why, but I didn't want to walk out at all. I just wanted to stay in my room, away from him and everyone else. 
 
Luhan sighed of relief and looked at me. 
 
"He's a scary guy," Luhan said and walked out into the kitchen; I didn't follow. Luhan turned around and looked at me, tilting his head. "Are you not coming out? He did say this room is prohibited."
 
"I'm coming," I said and walked out into the kitchen, closing the door behind me. I just stared at the door when he tapped my shoulder. 
 
"Hyung, let's go or else my parents and the others will start wondering where we are," he said, dragging me with him. I couldn't go out without my mask, so I grabbed it from the counter and placed it over my mouth. He looked at me and his expression asked me, "Are you okay?"
 
"How about you go first, I need some fresh air," I said as he nodded and walked away. I exhaled and walked out of the kitchen to the front door. I turned the door knob when I felt a cold breeze hit my skin and something like this, I knew who was behind me. 
 
"Where are you going? This just got interesting," his cold voice said as I released the door knob and turned around to meet his gaze. "It's been 2 months, Woohyun."
 
"So it has, Myungsoo-ssi," I replied and took off my mask. "Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be enjoying lunch with them in the dining hall?"
 
"Does it matter what I do? I live here, I can do whatever I want," he smirked. "I'm really shocked. I wouldn't have imagined you to be staying at the Park's house. Did you beg them to take you in?"
 
"You know I wouldn't beg," I answered. "They took me in."
 
He snickered and approached me, wiping the corner of his lip.
 
"You seem to have gotten cleaner too," he said. "I guess they're doing a good job of keeping you proper."
 
"Myungsoo-ssi, I don't want to deal with you right now-"
 
"Why is that? Do you hate me that much?" he asked with an innocent face. I just looked at him without any sort of expression, which made him smirk. "It seems like you do-"
 
"I don't hate Young Master Myungsoo," I interrupted as he rounded his eyes in shock, yet they were so fierce. "I can never hate you for you are Nam Myungsoo. I can never hate the Nam residence for they were once my masters, whom I served since I was a child."
 
I saw a muscle move at his jawline and his eyes seemed to have gotten darker. 
 
"Do you not consider yourself part of the Nam residence?" Myungsoo coldly asked. 
 
"Never did I consider myself as a Nam child. I was only Woohyun, not Nam Woohyun, but just simply Woohyun," I replied and pulled the mask back over my lower face. "Now if you'd excuse me, I have to accompany my new master. Also, let's act like we don't know each other. I was never part of this family; I was never your servant nor was I ever your stepbrother. This is how you wanted it from the beginning right? So then as for your wish, I will continue to grant your wish and stay away from you having no sort of contact."
 
"You understand me so well," he smirked and walked away. I watched him turn the corner, feeling that heavy feeling on my chest slowly lift up. 
 
"I just hope he doesn't say anything about me," I softly muffled and followed him into the dining hall. 
 
I stood next to halmeoni and the other butlers, keeping my eyes on only one person; Myungsoo. He, too, only looked at me and continued to show that smirky smile of his. I knew, for a fact, that he was enjoying this.