Chapter 27

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

Haneul's POV~
 
"I'll see you tomorrow," Key said and waved me goodbye as I waited for Myungsoo. I kicked at the ground, waiting when the sun's warmth hitting my back was suddenly blocked and cold. I turned around and saw Myungsoo standing behind me with a smile. 
 
"I'm sorry I'm late, traffic was a bit crazy," he said rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm glad you waited though, but why didn't you wait under some shade? It's hot out here, you'd burn."
 
"I don't burn easily," I giggled and so we walked to his car. He opened the door for me and I got in as he walked around, getting in the car. 
 
"So, is there a place you want to go?" he asked, buckling up. 
 
"Mmmm, since it's hot out. How about we go get some ice cream?" I suggested as he looked at me, then smiled. 
 
"Sounds good," he said and drove off. "Where should we get ice cream? At an ice cream parlor?"
 
"I was thinking the little store by my house at the corner. Their ice cream is amazing and cheap," I said. He looked at me with an eyebrow raised. 
 
"You like cheap ice cream?" he asked as I nodded. 
 
"Yes. Why? Is there a problem with that?" I asked as he chuckled. 
 
"There's nothing wrong with that considering the fact that you're family is the richest people in S. Korea," he said in a sarcastic manner. I made a face and crossed my arm. 
 
"Yah, we're still human are we not? Just because my family and I are rich doesn't mean we have to eat high quality food when it's just food," I said and huffed out a sigh. "Aish, I'm annoyed now."
 
I looked out the window when I felt him pat the top of my head. 
 
"Im sorry," he softly said, making me glance at him. He was now petting me like a puppy. "I didn't mean to annoy you."
 
I shoved his hand away and continued to look out the window. 
 
"I'll buy you ice cream at that corner store, how's that sound?" he asked as I glanced at him again, then slowly smiled. 
 
"I want a red bean ice bar~!" I said and he stared at me, then laughed. 
 
"You're so childish," he said and ruffled my hair. "A red bean ice bar it is~!"
 
I laughed along with him and witnessing his first laugh in front of me made me smile. He's really not as bad as he portrays himself to be.
 
Entering the store, I looked in the ice cream freezer seeing all different kinds of ice cream. I wanted them all. 
 
"You said you wanted the red bean ice bar?" he asked, looking from behind. 
 
"I don't know anymore. I also want the Nougat bar," I said, feeling myself drooling. "Ahh~ they all look so delicious!"
 
"Then get all," he said. I looked at him with round eyes. 
 
"Can I?" I asked as he chuckled and nodded. I smiled widely and hugged him. "Thank you oppa!"
 
"O-oppa?" he asked. I widened my eyes and released him, sheepishly rubbing the back of my head. 
 
"Sorry, that was a bit sudden," I said and turned back to face the ice cream, having the cold breeze from the freezer cool me off. "Uhm, how about the Papico for Minah, Luhan oppa loves the red bean ice bar, umma and appa do too. Hmm, Sungsoo really likes the Crunky Ice Bar and Woohyun oppa...what to get him..."
 
"He likes chocolate, so get him a Nougat bar," Myungsoo spoke while he picked through the ice cream. I looked at him surprised and blinked. 
 
"How do you know? Even I don't know that," I said as he just smiled. 
 
"Last night's dinner I got to speak with him," he said and I just nodded. "Well, we're done picking right? I'll pay for these."
 
"No, it's okay. I can do it," I said grabbing his blazer's sleeve. 
 
"It's just ice cream. I'll pay for it," he said and took all the ice cream up to the cashier. 
 
After paying, we headed out to the car as he took out an ice cream bar. It was the ssang ssang bar aka the "couple" bar. He ripped the wrapper and split the ice creamup, handing one to me. 
 
"Take the other half," he said sticking one into his mouth. I just looked at him and he was trying to speak, but the ice cream was in his way. I took the ice cream and put it in my mouth as we got to the car. 
 
"Ahh, it's so cold," Myungsoo said, taking his ice cream out of his mouth. He his lips and started the car. "Well then, should I just send you home?"
 
"Yeah, the ice cream will melt if we go anywhere else," I said and so he drove off. 
 
Woohyun's POV~
 
"Is Haneul not back yet?" I asked Luhan. He shrugged and continued to work on his laptop. "Should I prepare dinner?"
 
"It's still pretty early for dinner. Why don't you go rest for now?" he asked, looking up from his laptop. 
 
"It's too hot to be taking a nap," I said as he chuckled. 
 
"That's true, I can't even work in this weather," he said and leaned back in the couch. "I want some ice cream, but I'm so laz-"
 
"I got ice cream!" Haneul's voice was heard. I looked towards the door as Luhan shot out of his seat. Haneul skipped in and held up two plastic bags of ice cream. "I knew you'd crave for ice cream, oppa."
 
"My little sister knows me so well," Luhan smiled and took the bags from her. "Why'd you buy so much?"
 
She scratched her head and softly smiled. "Myungsoo bought them all."
 
"Really?!" he asked with round eyes. "Uwah~! All of these for us?!"
 
"Yep," she said and looked at me. "I didn't know what you'd like, so I got you a Nougat bar. Myungsoo said you like chocolate, so he chose it."
 
"Ah, is that so," I said and she reached for it in the bag, then handed it to me. "Why didn't he come inside?"
 
"He said he's busy today because of work. Since father-in-law's health is getting worse," she said. I looked at her and furrowed my eyebrows. 
 
"How bad is it?" I asked. 
 
"His leg is becoming weaker and the cane doesn't seem to be helping him at all, so he might have to use a wheelchair. With stress in his way, his health worsens," she said and looked up at me. "So, he has to stay at home now while Myungsoo does all the work."
 
"Appa must really be in pain," I whispered as she tilted her head. 
 
"What did you say?" she asked, blinking her eyes. 
 
"Ah, nothing. Uhm, thank you for the ice cream," I said and she smiled. "Shall we eat together in the dining room?"
 
She nodded and we started walking when Luhan grabbed my arm. 
 
"I swear I heard you say something like appa," he said, looking at me in the eyes. My heart was beating fast and so I swallowed hard. 
 
"I didn't say anything like that Luhan," I denied and smiled. "Now let's go eat before the ice cream melts."
 
He looked at me suspiciously then let it slide. 
 
"This heat is making me think weirdly," he chuckled and so we headed into the dining room, eating our ice cream in this summer heat.