Chapter 39

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

Haneul's POV~
 
I skipped breakfast and went straight to school, meeting Key at the front gates. He was too busy fixing his hair in his hand mirror to even notice my presence. 
 
"Oppa," I said as he glanced at me then looked back at his mirror. He widened his eyes and looked at me again. 
 
"OMO! Haneul! Why do you have dark circles?!" he gasped while cupping my face in his hands. 
 
"I couldn't sleep last night," I said with a drag in my voice. He released my face and took out his make-up kit, applying whatever he could to get rid of the dark circles. 
 
"Why didn't you get your beauty sleep last night?" he asked still panicking. "Don't tell me you were studying last night?!"
 
"It's not that," I said and pouted. "I was thinking all night about stuff."
 
"What stuff?" he asked, finishing up the make-up. 
 
"Love," I said as he stopped what he was doing and looked at me with an eyebrow raised up. 
 
"Excuse me?" he asked with his hip popped out, in a diva-like pose. 
 
"Do you think love is a bad thing?" I asked him as he scoffed. 
 
"Love is a horrible thing," he said while putting his make-up kit back in his bag. "But if it's true love then no, it's not."
 
"What about a person's first love? Is having a first love a bad thing?" I then asked him as he tapped his chin. 
 
"Everyone has to have a first love and sometimes they're good, sometime's they're not...I'm sorry but I can't answer that," he said making me sigh. "Why? Is there something wrong?"
 
"You were right," I said looking down to the ground. "I shouldn't have these feelings for Woohyun when I'm engaged to someone else. That makes me a bad person."
 
"I wouldn't say you're a bad person because you're in love," he said, "but if you were to do something unacceptable with him, you'll become a bad person."
 
"Then what should I do?" I asked, feeling my heart squeeze again. "Woohyun's my first love while Myungsoo's my fiancé. I love Woohyun, but I don't love Myungsoo. Woohyun makes me happy without buying me things like Myungsoo, but Myungsoo...he's soon to be my husband. What do you think I should do oppa?"
 
Key looked at me and placed his hand on my shoulder, gently squeezing it. 
 
"As many people say it, follow your heart," he said with a smile. "Either way one of you will be hurt, so follow your heart or else you'll be the one hurt. I don't want to see you hurt, even if I think Myungsoo and Woohyun are great guys, I'd rather see them get hurt than you. Your heart is precious, so treat it well and give it what it wants."
 
I softly smiled and hugged him. 
 
"I'm so happy I have a friend like you," I said, hugging him tighter. 
 
"You should be because I just took care of those desk circles for you," he snickered and kissed the top of my hair. "Also, don't appear depress in front of me or else my whole entire day will just be ruined."
 
"I won't," I said and released the hug. "So, to what you were saying earlier...you're saying I should just stick to Woohyun?"
 
"If that's what your heart wants then just stick to him. You can't force yourself to love another person when you haven't forgotten your first love," he said and locked our arms together. "But I'm gonna warn you again. Be careful with you do or else things will be bad."
 
"I know," I said and we both walked in the school with the bell ringing. 
 
Woohyun's POV~
 
"Did Haneul leave for school early?" I asked Sungsoo as we were doing the dishes. 
 
"Yeah, she said she had things to do so she skipped out on breakfast," he replied washing the last plate. 
 
"So that's why she wasn't in the dining room," I said and rinsed the dishes. "Oh, isn't your daughter's wedding coming up in 2 days? Are you still planning on seeing her?"
 
"Of course I am," he said with a smile. "I heard your father is being discharged on the same day too. Are you going to see him?"
 
"No because hyung wanted me to tag along with him to see his daughter," I said, rinsing the last plate. I set it in the drying rack and took off the pink rubber gloves to meet eyes with Sungsoo. 
 
"Your father needs you more than I do. I'm a grown man, so I can see my daughter by myself," he said with a soft smile. "You need to see your father, so go see your father discharge. I'll be fine by myself."
 
"Are you sure hyung?" I asked leaning against the countertop as he smiled that jolly smile of his and nodded. 
 
"I'm positive Woohyun," he said and patted my back. "We both can't always hide from our problems together."
 
"I know," I replied and smiled at him. "You should go pack for the trip to Gangnam."
 
He nodded and walked out of the kitchen as I sighed. 
 
"Seeing my father would mean seeing Myungsoo and the others," I mumbled and looked at the clock. "I wonder if Myungsoo will pick Haneul up from school today too. I still have hours to go until she's out."
 
Myungsoo's POV~
 
I cut up some apples for abeoji while he was watching TV. 
 
"How have the businesses been going?" he asked taking a bite of a piece of apple. 
 
"It's going well," I answered. "I finished all the paper work I needed to do too, so I'll be able to spend more time with you."
 
"You don't need to," he said with a smile. "You could spend that time with Haneul."
 
"I'm sure Haneul would much rather have me spend time with you than with her," I said setting the knife aside. 
 
"Why do you say that?" he asked looking down at me. "You spend quite an amount of time with me."
 
"I know, but sometimes I just feel like she doesn't like spending time with me," I said fiddling my fingers. "It's like she's forcing herself to."
 
"I'm sure she's not. You are her fiancé after all, you'll have to get along sooner or later," abeoji said patting my back. 
 
"Sometimes I feel like it's because I'm her fiancé that she has to force herself to be happy...to love me," I whispered. I looked at my wrist watch and stood up. 
 
"Haneul's getting out of school soon so I'll be heading out," I said to abeoji as he nodded. "I'll be back tonight."
 
"Why don't you sleep at home tonight? Not once have you gone home since I've been hospitalized," he said. 
 
"Not once did they ever show up since you've been hospitalized," I firmly said. Just thinking of my mother and brothers still pissed me off. 
 
"I'm fine if they didn't show up because I've got you and Woohyun," he smiled. "That's more than enough for me."
 
I sighed and smiled, "I'll see you tonight. I'm not gonna go back to that house until you discharge in 2 days."
 
He nodded and I bowed to him, taking my leave. I walked out of the hospital to feel something cold melt on my cheek. I looked up and saw snow gracefully falling from the sky. 
 
"The first snowfall of the year," I said to myself, seeing my breath in the air. After standing outside of the hospital just to look at the snow, I headed to my car and drove off to pick Haneul up. 
 
Only a few distance away from the school's gates, I saw students walking out to see Haneul behind them. She was looking both directions while waiting at the gates looking at her phone; probably to check the time. I parked my car a block away and walked towards her when a car pulled up in front of her, making me stop in my tracks. 
 
The person who got out of the car wasn't Mr. Park, Luhan or even a butler...it was Woohyun. He walked up to Haneul and wrapped his scarf around her neck to keep her warm as her cheeks became a rosy red color. Even from the gap between us, there was no doubt that she was blushing. 
 
He opened the door for her with a smile and walked around to the driver's side, entering the car himself and drove off. I just stood there flustered as the car disappeared from my sight. So many things were running through my head that I had to choose what to believe. 
 
"Luhan probably ordered him to pick Haneul up from school. That's gotta be why he showed up," I softly said while standing in this cold snowfall. "But what if...no, that can't be possible. Haneul and Woohyun...in love."