Chapter 28

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Woohyun's POV~

It's already been 6 months since I've been kicked out of my house, now the middle of November, and I still haven't been in contact with my father or anyone from the the Nam family; not even Myungsoo. I'd see him here and there, but he'd only smirk at me like he was ready to tell everyone my secret of being a member of the Nam family. I haven't heard much about my father's health either, but something told me he wasn't getting any better.

The weather hasn't changed much though; still hot with a little nice cool breeze here and there. Many leaves have already fallen, but the sun was still up and shining. Since today was a nice day, Mr. Park decided to go on a family picnic at a near by park.

"Woohyun, Luhan oppa, once we get to the park can you both teach me how to ride a bike? Appa says I'm old enough to ride one now," Minah said from the back seat. In the car was Minah, Luhan and I; Haneul decided to ride with her parents.

"I'm more than happy to teach you with hyung!" Luhan said with a wide happy smile and turned to look at Minah. "Did you bring your bike though?"

"Yep, it's in appa's car," she answered.

"Do you have training wheels on your bike?" I asked while concentrating on the road.

"What's that?" she asked as I looked in the rear view mirror at her, then smiled.

"It helps you balance on your bike better, especially for little girls like you," I said and we reached park. Minah immediately got out of the car and ran to the playground. Luhan and I got out, grabbing everything we had in the car.

"Minah, don't dig the dirt with your hands!" Haneul shouted with that sweet voice of hers. "You'll get dirty and so will your dress!"

I heard a bell ring and saw Mr. Park ringing the bike's bell. Minah had heard it too and she ran back over to us. 
 
"Appa brought your bike~!" he said in a singing manner. She smiled and looked over at me and Luhan. 
 
"Let's start now~!" she chimed and walked the bike over to us. 
 
"First you have to get the training wheels on," Mr. Park said and handed me the wheels along with a tool box to screw it all together. "I would teach her myself, but she really wanted the two of you to do it. Ah~ I've been replaced."
 
He chuckled as I did too. Then I said, "No one can ever replace you as the role of a father."
 
He smiled and patted my shoulder, "I know that; I was only joking. A father is still a father, who will always love their children whether they are being hated or replaced."
 
I just smiled and looked at Luhan, who was trying to ride Minah's bike. 
 
"Oppa, you're too fat for that," Minah said as Luhan pouted. 
 
"I'm not fat," he childishly said and got off her bike. "If I was fat your bike would have broken already."
 
I laughed at the two and began screwing on the training wheels.
 
Haneul's POV~
 
I was helping my mother out setting up the picnic blanket when I noticed Woohyun and Luhan helping Minah ride her bike. Woohyun stood behind Minah and slowly pushed her on the pike, making the pedals move along with her feet. Luhan was chasing after them like he was a monster and appa just laughed at him. Chief Sungsoo was on his bike, riding along side Minah.
 
"You're jealous, aren't you?" Umma asked, startling me. 
 
"Huh?"
 
"18 years of living and you still can't ride a bike," she giggled and looked at Minah. "Don't you wish you could learn how to ride a bike too?"
 
"Not really," I replied and continued to take out the plastic containers filled with delicious food. "I wouldn't say I'm jealous of Minah learning how to ride a bike...."
 
"You look like you're jealous though. The way you look at her riding the bike shows it," she said as I just smiled. 
 
"It's not jealousy over learning how to ride a bike, but the one who gets to learn it," I softly said and looked back at them.
 
"That doesn't make sense Haneul," umma said and looked at them too. 
 
"Of course it wouldn't make sense," I said with a small smile. I could only look at Woohyun as he smiled and laughed along with them, making me feel warm inside. 
 
After an hour or so of playing, we decided to eat our food. We all sat on the red and white plaid blanket and took out the food from the containers. 
 
"Minah, your hands are dirty," Woohyun said from besides me. "Luckily I brought wipes."
 
"Ouu~ I'd like some too," Luhan said and took a wipe from Woohyun. 
 
"Haneul, would you like one?" Woohyun asked looking at me with a warm smile. I was drawn into his smile that I wasn't able to reply. "Is that a no?"
 
"She wants one," Minah said, already eating her sandwich. I looked at her as she just smiled. Suddenly his hand grabbed mine and he began wiping my hands. 
 
"Oppa, I can clean myself," I said and took the wipe from him, then smiled. "Thank you."
 
He nodded and grabbed a sandwich, eating it. After eating, everyone was full and we relaxed. 
 
"Today really was a beautiful day," appa said, laying his head on umma's lap. She lightly brushed his hair and nodded, agreeing with him. Luhan and Minah were laying on the blanket while looking up at the clouds. 
 
"Minah, doesn't that big one look like Big Sungsoo?" Luhan asked, pointing up at a fluffy cloud. Sungsoo, who was putting everything back in the bag, glared at Luhan. 
 
"No, it looks like a fat Luhan," she giggled as he sat up and pouted. Sungsoo laughed and stuck his tongue out at Luhan. 
 
"I'm not fat!" he shouted and began tickling her. We all laughed at them when my mother brought something up, making me gasp. 
 
"Woohyun, why don't you teach Haneul how to ride a bike?" she had said, making me widen my eyes. 
 
"U-umma!" I said as she giggled. 
 
"It's been 18 years and she hasn't learned how to ride a bike. The way she was watching you teach Minah, I could tell she wanted to learn," she said. I made a face, telling her to stop talking. 
 
"I'd be more than happy to teach her," Woohyun said and looked at me. "What do you say Haneul?"
 
"Can't appa teach me?" I asked. He shook his finger and looked at me. 
 
"I'm comfortable right now that I could sleep on your mother's lap," appa said. 
 
"Then what about Luhan?" I asked, looking at Luhan. 
 
"Too lazy," he simply said, sitting cross-legged. "Just have hyung teach you. He's really good."
 
"Yeah unnie. Woohyun's really good at teaching," Minah said. I really didn't want Woohyun to teach me. 
 
"How about you Sung-"
 
"If I was to teach you, you'd never want to ride a bike ever again," he said. "But you can use my bike Woohyun to teach her."
 
"Thank you Sungsoo hyung," Woohyun said and stood up. He reached his hand out to me and smiled. "Shall we?"
 
"I don't think I'm ready to lear-"
 
"Just go," Minah said impatiently. I made a face and stood up with the help of Woohyun's hand. He adjusted the seating of Sungsoo's bike and so we walked out onto the sidewalk. 
 
"Ready or not, you'll do fine. I believe you'll be able to ride a bike in no time," Woohyun said with that heart melting voice of his. "I'll hold onto the bike as you get on."
 
I nodded and slowly got on the bike. It was a bit shaky and I started to hesitate and feel embarrassed. 
 
"You're completely on right?" he asked as I nodded. "Okay then, put one leg on a pedal and I'm going to slowly push you. You should have your other foot on the other pedal by then, got it?"
 
"Yes," I said with a trembling voice. My hand was shaky as I held onto the handle bars. 
 
"No matter what, I'll be here. I won't let you fall either," he said and smiled, making my heart pound. "I'm gonna push you now."
 
I nodded and he slowly started pushing me as the pedals moved. He was holding onto the back of the seat, supporting me. 
 
"Make sure you step on the pedals though, okay? I'm not gonna keep pushing you," he said as I nodded. I wasn't on balance, but I wasn't falling either. "How you holding up?"
 
"J-just fine," I could barely say. 
 
"Is it okay for me to let go?" he asked. 
 
"Please don't," I said and looked back to him. "I'm afraid to fall."
 
"You're not going to fall. I'll be behind you and make sure you won't fall," he assured and looked down at his hands. "I'm letting go, okay?"
 
"Wait, oppa-"
 
"Too late," he said and released the seat as I pedaled down the sidewalk. I was honestly about to cry. "Keep going Haneul! You're doing great!"
 
"Oppa! How do I stop?!" I shouted. 
 
"Stop?" I could barely hear him say. "OH MY GOSH!!! HANEUL!"
 
He shouted and I just kept on pedaling, wanting to get off. 
 
"Help me!" I shouted as by passers stared. 
 
"Haneul! Just stop pedaling and let the bike go by itself!" I heard him shout and so I did. "Once the bike slows down, you can slowly put your feet down and stop yourself!"
 
It was too late to do that because I had lost balance and started to wobble everywhere. The bike then started to lean to the side and I went along with it, closing my eyes when I fell on something soft and warm. 
 
"I told you I wouldn't let you fall, well at least not on the hard concrete ground," Woohyun heavily breathed into my hair. I gasped and got off of him, feeling my legs shake making me lose balance. He caught me again and smiled. 
 
"You did great Haneul, but I'm at fault for not telling you where the breaks were," he said as I just stared at him, feeling my face heat up. 
 
"It's fine oppa. T-thank you for teaching me though," I said and gently pushed him away. 
 
"Haneul!" I heard everyone else's voices. My family and Sungsoo ran towards us. 
 
"Are you okay?" Umma asked. I nodded and she hugged me. "That's a relief. How about you Woohyun? I saw Haneul land on you, she didn't hurt you anywhere right?"
 
"No, she didn't Mrs. Park," he replied and smiled. "I'm at fault for almost injuring your daughter. I wasn't properly teaching her."
 
"No it's fine. As long as the both of you are fine, it's all good," Mr. Park said and patted Woohyun's back. "How about we head back home?"
 
We all nodded and I could see Luhan laughing. 
 
"Did you see how scared you looked?!" he hysterically laughed. I made a face and punched his arm. "Oww!"
 
"Did you see how girly you sounded just now? 'Oww'," I mocked and stuck my tongue out. We all walked to the car when Woohyun grabbed my arm. 
 
"Again, I'm sorry for you falling. You're not hurt anywhere right?" he sweetly asked as I shook my head, saying I was fine. 
 
"Thank you for teaching me though oppa. I had fun," I said and smiled. He did too and patted my head. 
 
"That's a relief," he said and left, getting into his car. I watched as he left first with Luhan and Minah, feeling my heart beat fast again. 
 
"This really doesn't make sense," I whispered, feeling the cool breeze past by. "I can't possibly like him?"