Chapter 1

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

3rd Person POV~

"Umma! Umma!" Woohyun screamed as his father held him back away from the house. The flames were bright and kept getting higher and higher up to the sky. "Appa!!! Save umma!!!"
 
"It's too late Woohyun, we can't do anything now!" his father shouted with tears in both their eyes. 
 
"Umma!" Woohyun continuously shouted, hearing sirens from a distance. The sirens got closer and closer as the smoke became darker and more suffocating to breathe in. 
 
"Stay back," a fireman said, pushing Woohyun and his father further away from the burning house. The fireman was about to leave to the house when Woohyun grabbed his arm. 
 
"Please. I beg you. Save my mom. Ahjussi...please save her," Woohyun cried as the fireman bit his bottom lip and nodded. 
 
"I'll do the best I can, now stay back," the fireman replied and ran towards the house. Woohyun watched the house slowly burn into pieces, watching it come crashing down. He fell on his knees and cried at the scene. It wasn't long when the fireman had come back and took off his helmet, looking down to the ground. 
 
"I'm sorry. We couldn't find her," he quietly said as Woohyun and his father widened their eyes. 
 
"N-no, t-that's impossible," Bumsoo said with tears falling down. "That's impossible!"
 
The fireman swallowed hard and patted his back. "This was the only thing we saw that didn't burn. It has the name Woohyun written on it."
 
"Th-that's me," Woohyun said, getting up from his knees. The man looked at him and handed him a silver bracelet with his name engraved on it. Woohyun looked at it and cried, looking back to the house turning into ashes. 
 
"Again, I'm sorry for your loss," the fireman said and looked away from the two, who cried. 
 
"Umma..." Woohyun softly cried, clenching on his bracelet. 
 
---3 Years Later---
 
At the age of 9, Woohyun never forgot about the fire, he could never forget. He sighed and looked at himself in the mirror, fixing his tie. 
 
"Here's to a new start and a new family," Woohyun whispered. He buttoned up his shirt and fixed his hair before heading into the chapel for his father and future mother's wedding. 
 
His father and Ahyoung, his soon to be step-mother, had been seeing each other for almost 2 years and a half now; they both met at work. She was his secretary and had lost her husband, who had died from cancer. They both had fallen in love at first sight and since then they've been seeing each other and thought it was time to marry. She also had 6 sons. Sunggyu being the oldest, Dongwoo the second oldest, then there's Hoya, Myungsoo and the twins, Sungyeol and Sungjong. They were all very naughty and mischievous. They didn't treat Woohyun well; they would bully him and beat him. They only thought of him as trash, nothing else...not even a step-brother. 
 
Woohyun entered the chapel and sat down in between his grandparents, watching his father smile of happiness as his step-mother smiled too. Her sons didn't pay attention and only played with each other, but their definition of playing was using violence. Sungyeol and Sungjong were choking each other, Sunggyu and Dongwoo hitting each other's arm and Hoya...he kicked Myungsoo's leg, who didn't seem bothered by it. 
 
"Lets start the sermon shall we?" the minister said and opened his book. The sermon began and the 6 boys continuously imitated the minister in a horrible manner. Woohyun grew annoyed and walked up to them with arms crossed. 
 
"What do you want loser?" Sunggyu said with a smirk. 
 
"Can you guys stop? You guys are being disrespectful and rude," he said as they laughed, making the audience turn to them. 
 
"And what are you going to do about it?" Dongwoo said, getting up. He pushed Woohyun down to the ground and laughed. 
 
"Dongwoo," Ahyoung firmly whispered as Dongwoo continued to laugh. Woohyun felt like crying, but he swallowed hard and looked up at him and charged at Dongwoo. 
 
"Y-yah!!!" both Bumsoo and Ahyoung shouted. They both ran to the boys now fighting on the ground. Ahyoung pulled Dongwoo off as Bumsoo pulled Woohyun off. 
 
"Control yourself!" she shouted at Woohyun. She bent down to Dongwoo and caressed his face. "My poor baby, are you okay?"
 
"He beat me umma," Dongwoo cried while pointing his finger at Woohyun, who scoffed in disbelief. 
 
"You always have to ruin everything," Woohyun's father sighed while shaking his head. Woohyun felt his heart sank and so he ran out the church all the way home. 
 
"What does he see me as?" Woohyun cried, slamming his bedroom shut. "Am I not his son anymore?"
 
Woohyun held his knees close to his chest and cried.
 
---Present Day---
 
"Woohyun!!!" shouted all these voices from different parts of the house. Woohyun rubbed his eyes and slowly got up from his bed. He stretched his arms up and let out a long sigh. 
 
"Good morning to you all too," Woohyun sarcastically said and scratched the back of his neck. "Well, here's to another restless day."