Chapter 17

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Woohyun's POV~

The house was too clean for me to do anything with it. I had nothing to do too, so I just sat in the living room, reading books that I found on the bookshelves. 
 
"Woohyun-ssi, you're more than welcome to leave the place and go explore," Madam Park said with a smile. 
 
"I'd love to, but I prefer not to," I said with a soft smile. 
 
"Why is that? It's a beautiful day out, you should go and get some fresh air," she said, watering her plants. 
 
"But-"
 
"Just go, it's fine Woohyun," she said and so I decided to obey her.
 
"I'll be going then," I said and bowed to her before taking my leave. I went to the Han River, forgetting how beautiful it looked and how calm it was. Hearing kids laugh and the warmth of the sun was something I missed. I deeply inhaled and slowly exhaled. 
 
"Maybe it was a good idea to come out," I softly said and sat on a bench, looking out at the calm river.
 
"Woohyun?" a soft voice said from behind. I looked back and Hoya's eyes widened as he took out his earphones. "It is you!"
 
"H-Hoya-ssi," I gasped, standing up. He showed a smirky smile and looked at me. 
 
"I'm surprised you're still alive. How could you even manage it?" he asked as I swallowed my saliva. 
 
"A family took me in," I confessed. 
 
"Really? I wonder who would do such a thing," he laughed. "I'd be embarrassed if I took you in, you beggar."
 
I felt my heart squeeze, but endured his comments. 
 
"I can't wait to tell everyone the news about you. By the way, where are you staying?" he asked, but I stayed quiet. "Are you not going to tell me?"
 
"I'm sorry, I'm late for work. It was nice to see you again Hoya-ssi," I said and bowed to him, then walked away. He didn't bother to follow me and went the separate way. "A good day was just ruined...."
 
Haneul's POV~
 
The school bell had rung and it was time to be heading home. I walked out and saw Myungsoo standing at the bottom of the steps. 
 
"Myungsoo!" I called out to him, making him turn to face me. He smiled and waved while I skipped down the steps. "What are you doing here? Are you picking me up?"
 
"Uh well, I'm here to pick up the twins," he said rubbing the back of his neck. 
 
"Oh..."
 
"Are you disappointed?" he asked as I rounded my eyes. 
 
"N-no, of course not. I have a ride anyways and I forgot that your brothers were attending this school too, so I just thought..." I trailed off and awkwardly stood there. He softly chuckled and ruffled my hair. 
 
He cupped my face and leaned down to my level, then said, "If you want me to pick you up then just say so. You don't have to be shy about it."
 
"I-I'm not being shy!" I said feeling my face blush. 
 
"Yes you are. Your face is heating up," he said with a smile and a light laugh. "How about we ditch the two and have a little date?"
 
"No thanks. I'd much rather go home and study than be with you," I said and removed his hand from my face. 
 
"C'mon, we should at least go on dates and be more lovable to each other since we are engaged," he said grabbing my hand and interlocking our fingers. I gasped and tried to break free, but that only caught the attention of my peers. 
 
"Myungsoo-ssi, people are looking at us," I whispered as he chuckled. 
 
"Good, more people to witness our relationship," he said and pulled me with him when Sungyeol stopped him. 
 
"Hyung, where are you going? Umma told us you were picking us up, but we didn't see you until we saw you harassing Haneul," he said as Myungsoo huffed out a sigh. "Were you planning to leave us here?!"
 
"Yes-"
 
"No I wasn't," he said, cutting me off. "I was just taking my fiancé to the car to wait for you guys."
 
"You're lying hyung," Sungyeol said while Sungjong was too busy looking at himself in his mini mirror. "You were really planning to go home without us."
 
"I'm pretty sure no one would notice anyways," Myungsoo harshly said. I furrowed my eyes and hit his arm. 
 
"How can you talk to your little brother like that?" I asked furious. He innocently looked at me and pouted. 
 
"But he's accusing me of leaving them behind," Myungsoo whined, which really was a first considering that I've only known him for a week and a half. 
 
"That's because you were planning to," I said and yanked his hand away from mine. "Go home Myungsoo and take those two with you. I won't see you until then."
 
"What? You can't do that to me!" he shouted as I walked away from him, laughing to myself. 
 
"He's actually not that bad of a guy," I said, looking back at him as he was now scolding the boys. "Maybe I was too quick on judging him as a cold guy, but really he's just another child." 
 
I quietly giggled and started walking home alone since Key was staying after for English Club. 
 
Getting home, Woohyun was just entering the house. I smiled and shouted his name having him turn abruptly. I giggled and skipped up to him. 
 
"Did you have a day off today?" I asked him as he nodded. "Was it nice to get some fresh air?"
 
"Uh, just a bit," he said with a slight smile and looked inside. "Should we head in the house?"
 
I smiled and nodded, both walking in together. 
 
Myungsoo's POV~
 
"You two are so annoying! Stop arguing with each other!" I shouted at the twins while driving back home. 
 
"Why is hyung so grumpy today? Is it because he want able to go on a date with Haneul?" Sungjong said with a fake pouty face. 
 
"It's not that," I said. "It's the fact that you two are attending Sherlock High. Not only is it far, but it's not your level."
 
"Are you jealous because you're not a student anymore and that you can't attend that school?" Sungyeol said sarcastically. I blew my hair out of the way and stomped on the brakes, having them fly forward even with seat belts on. 
 
"You two do know that you're going to school for free right? All because of Haneul?" I said as they looked at each other. 
 
"And your point is?" Sungjong asked. I scoffed and my dry lip. 
 
"I see no difference in the both of you and umma," I said, locking at then through the rear view mirror. "Those kids work hard to get into that school and here you are attending it for free."
 
"Who cares? We're just special," Sungyeol laughed and touched my shoulder. "That school isn't bad either. Sure they're way too smart for me, but I'm starting to like it."
 
"I don't care if you like it or not, think about it. You're going to school for free while those those student's parents are pay full cost in order for them to continue to stay in the school!" I yelled at them. 
 
"Geez, what's wrong with you today? You've never been like this," Sungjong scoffed. "Just drive us home Myungsoo."
 
I clenched onto the steering wheel and turned my body to look at them. 
 
"Get out," I firmly said as they widened their eyes. 
 
"What did you say?" Sungjong asked in disbelief. 
 
"I told you to get out. Don't start disrespecting your hyung now," I said, glaring at them. "Now get out."
 
"Hyung, what are you getting mad about-"
 
"I'll count to three and if you two don't get out then I won't lend you both anymore money," I threatened, which got them to move. They mumbled some words and shut the door behind him. Once they did, I drove off home, not giving a single care about them. 
 
Getting home first, Hoya ran up to me with a grin on his face. 
 
"Guess who I saw today!" he shouted with round eyes. 
 
"I don't care," I said and moved him aside. 
 
"I saw Woohyun today," he said as I was just walking up the stairs. "Apparently he found a new family."
 
"A new family? Who?" I asked, not trying to sound interested. 
 
"I don't know. He wouldn't say, but they seem to be taking good care of him. I mean how he looked today was different, not the poor beggar anymore," Hoya said and smiled. "Well, I just had to tell someone and since you're here I thought I'd tell you."
 
"It's a waste of breath to tell me," I said and walked away up to my room, then stopped at the top of the stairs. "Hey! If you see the twins, tell them to find their own ride home starting from now on!"
 
Hoya nodded and so I headed into my room, closing the door behind. I loosened my tie and sat on the edge of my bed. Woohyun found a new family? I wonder if he's still a maid.