Chapter 52

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

Woohyun's POV~
 
I sat on the door steps of the Nam's house, not seeing Myungsoo come home at all. The sun was setting and it was getting colder, but I waited. I then heard a car drive up and saw that it was Myungsoo. I stood up and walked up thin as he got out, seeing me. 
 
"Hyung," he said, walking up to me. "Why are you here?"
 
"I came to talk to you, so I waited," I said as he furrowed his eyebrows. 
 
"How long did you wait for?" he asked placing his hand on my forehead then widened his eyes. "Hyung, you're burning up!"
 
"Am I?" I asked, now realizing it. "I hadn't noticed."
 
"Hyung, come in the house. You'll get a high fever if you stand out here any longer," he said and dragged me in the house, pulling me to his room. 
 
"Myungsoo, I'm fine I just-"
 
"I'll go find some medicine and ask halemoni to make some soup," he said and walked out, leaving me in his room. I really did feel dizzy and hot, but yet I was fine. Soon then, Myungsoo walked in with medicine and a cup of water. 
 
"Here, take one and drink the water," he said handing it to me. I ate the medicine and drunk the water seeing his worried expression. He took a seat on his bed next to me and asked, "So, you wanted to talk?"
 
"Yeah," I said setting the glass cup aside. "I wanted to ask you why Haneul's been avoiding me. I know it has something to do with you."
 
He looked at me, then turned away. 
 
"I said some things to her," he softly said. 
 
"Like what?" I questioned. 
 
"I told her she was making us all look bad and that she should stop loving you," he said, looking down to the ground. I felt my heart hit against my chest. 
 
"Why would you say that to her?" I asked, getting angry. 
 
"It's because I was angry and jealous," he quietly said, still not looking up. "It's because I had this one-sided love that made me say all of those things. I was being a child."
 
"But why did you have to say all of things to her?" I asked as I saw a muscle move at his jawline. "Do you not know how hurt she looked when she came back from that date?! You could have told me so that I would've stopped loving her-"
 
"I couldn't do that!" he shouted, looking at me with teary eyes. "Hyung, I've already seen her hurt. If I was to have told you, you would have stopped loving her and if you were to have stopped loving her then both of you would be in pain; I know I am."
 
I have never seen Myungsoo like this before. His face was red, his eyes were red with tears filling it and his voice...his voice showed how much pain he was in and how sorry he was. 
 
"Hyung, in all honesty, I never meant to hurt her or you," he said letting his tears fall. "I know I've said horrible things to her and I know I've done horrible things to you, but out of all the people in this world I've only cherished the two of you. Hyung I know I've done wrong and I'm truly sorry."
 
"Myungsoo," I softly said and saw how torn apart he was. I couldn't stand seeing him like this, so I hugged him. "Thank you for apologizing...have you apologized to Haneul?"
 
"I did...I also called off our wedding," he said as I widened my eyes, feeling my heart pound fast. 
 
"Why?" I asked. "Why would you do such a thing?!"
 
"Because I thought about it and realized how much happier you two would be together! Hyung, I did it for the both of you because that's all I could do for you two!" he cried. "You love Haneul, don't you?"
 
"I do, but-"
 
"Then for me, Haneul and yourself, continue loving her," he said sniffling. "Continue to love her so our hearts can be at ease hyung."
 
"Myungsoo, as much as I want that, you have to think about what abeoji and the others might think," I said as he stared at me. "You might have talked it through with Haneul, but she doesn't have the power to stop this marriage; it's her parents and ours that have that power. You didn't think about that, did you?"
 
"No, I was only thinking about you two," he said and wiped away his tears. "But I'll talk with them about. I'll do whatever I can to cancel this wedding."
 
I deeply exhaled and hugged him again. 
 
"I'm sorry," I said. 
 
"Eh? For what?" he asked. 
 
"I'm going to take Haneul away from you. I'll make sure that she only loves me," I said with a soft smile. "Therefore I'm sorry."
 
"I apologized to you and yet you apologize to me," he chuckled and gently pushed me away. "Go ahead and take her away from me hyung, but that wouldn't matter because she was taken from me long ago."
 
I smiled and patted his shoulder as he smiled back, warmly. There suddenly a knock at the door and came in halmeoni. 
 
"Myungsoo told me you were catching a cold, so I made you some soup. Sorry it took awhile to cook," she said with a sweet smile while setting the bowl of soup on the table. "You seem fine though."
 
"I'm better since I took the medicine Myungsoo gave me," I said and looked at the soup. "It's look delicious~! I bet it still tastes amazing!"
 
Halmeoni smiled, then suddenly hugged Myungsoo and I. 
 
"It's so nice to finally see you two getting along together. I've always hated seeing you two care for one another secretly, especially you Myungsoo," halmeoni said. "Seeing you two now really warms up my heart."
 
Myungsoo and I looked at each other, then chuckled. Halmeoni released the hug and looked at us with a grin. 
 
"We may have our ups and downs, but no matter what we'll always remain brothers," I said and smiled at Myungsoo, who looked embarrassed. 
 
"Aigoo~ why is your eyes so red Myungsoo-ah," halmeoni said cupping his face. 
 
"Aish, halmeoni~!" Myungsoo childishly whined. 
 
"Did you cry?" halmeoni teased as I laughed. 
 
"Don't do this in front of hyung~," he continued to whine then laughed along with me. I looked at my wristwatch and saw that it was almost midnight. 
 
"I should be going now. I don't want to worry the Park family," I said as they nodded. 
 
"I'll go pack your soup for you," halmeoni said and left the room. 
 
"Are you sure you can go home? You're not dizzy or anything, are you?" Myungsoo asked as I shook my head. "Fine or not, I'll take you home."
 
"Suit yourself," I smiled and we both headed out. Halmeoni gave me a plastic container that held my soup and hugged me goodbye. I bowed to her and left with Myungsoo. 
 
We shortly arrived at the Park house and saw the lights still on. 
 
"Looks like someone's waiting up on you," Myungsoo snickered. I sighed and opened the door when he grabbed my wrist. "I know this is wrong of me to say this, but...I'll be rooting for you hyung."
 
"Oh~ Luhan said the same thing," I said as he just stared at me. "But thank you. Hearing it from you makes it even better."
 
He smiled and released my wrist, gesturing me to leave. I said goodbye and entered the house to see Haneul sitting on the couch. She looked at me and got up. 
 
"Haneul," I said, but she walked past me heading up the stairs. "Sorry for making you wait up for me."
 
"Tch, who was waiting for you pabo?" she asked stopping at the stairs to glare at me, then a little smile crept on her face. "It's getting late so go to sleep."
 
I chuckled and nodded as she left. I won't miss this chance to claim you as mine.