Chapter 18

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

Woohyun's POV~
 
"Woohyun, would you assist me to the grocery store? Myungsoo and his parents are coming over, so I want to cook something special for them," Mrs. Park said as I nodded. I went to get the car and opened the door for her to get in and I got in as well. 
 
"Is it just going to be Myungsoo and his parents? None of his brothers?" I asked her as she nodded. 
 
"How did you know he has brothers?" she asked. I put on my seatbelt and drove off to the grocery store. 
 
"I'm familiar with the family, but they don't know who I am. I just know them from my other household," I lied and concentrated on driving. "Why didn't you just have Sungsoo go buy the groceries?"
 
"He's not feeling well, so I thought I'd cook today and have you help me," Mrs. Park said with a smile. 
 
"But we're not allowed in the kitchen," I said, half joking. 
 
"It's fine. Sungsoo wouldn't mind," Mrs. Park said and soon we arrived at the grocery store. I followed her around strolling the cart as she picked ingredients to make. 
 
"Should we have spicy chicken, or sweet and sour chicken?" she asked, looking at the list she wrote down. 
 
"Make sweet and sour chicken. Myungsoo can't have anything spicy and with Mr. Nam's health condition, it wouldn't be right," I said when I realized what I had just said. I looked at Mrs. Park as she widened her eyes. 
 
"How do you know?" she asked, surprised. 
 
"It's uhm, it's on the net. You can find anything out about Myungsoo and the Nam residence online," I said with an uneasy laugh. "But uhm, yeah. Just stick to sweet and sour chicken."
 
"Okay then, we'll go with it," she said with a smile and walked away with me following behind. I let out a sigh and patted my pounding chest, from almost being caught. 
 
Coming back home from shopping, I helped Mrs. Park set up and prepare dinner. I was seasoning the chicken while Mrs. Park watched me, amazed. 
 
"You must be a really good cook," she said as I smiled and blushed. "You even decorate the plates well. Your old household must have taught you well."
 
"No, not really," I said, frying the chicken. "I pretty much had to learn everything myself, but halmeoni helped me."
 
"Halmeoni?" she asked as I nodded. 
 
"Yep, she's been a maid since the age of 32," I said, pouring in the sauce. Mrs. Park nodded and smiled. 
 
"She sure taught you well to become a grown man," she said and patted my back. "I can take it from here now."
 
"Are you sure? I mean, I could make it all," I said, but she objected. 
 
"I know what you could do," she said. "You can make Sungsoo some soup and that will be all. Once dinner starts, I'll call you down to join us."
 
I nodded and started making Sungsoo some soup from scratch. 
 
3rd Person POV~
 
"Abeoji, would you like me to tie your tie?" Myungsoo asked as his father was putting on his suit. He nodded and so Myungsoo went up to him to tie it. 
 
"Since when did you learn how to tie a tie?" he asked him. 
 
"Halmeoni taught me," Myungsoo replied. "Ever since Woohyun left, I had to learn how to do things on my own."
 
Mr. Nam slowly nodded and felt his heart squeeze in pain. Myungsoo noticed and looked at his father. 
 
"Don't you miss him?" he asked his father. 
 
"Excuse me?" Mr. Nam asked, taken by surprise. 
 
"Don't you miss your son?" Myungsoo asked again. Mr. Nam cleared his throat and fixed his suit. "Is that a no?"
 
"Myungsoo-ah, come help me pick out my dress!" Mrs. Nam shouted from the hallway. 
 
"Yes!" Myungsoo shouted, but only laid eyes on Mr. Nam. He let out a sigh and walked out to help Mrs. Nam with her dress. Mr. Nam rubbed his eyes and looked at himself in the full length mirror. 
 
"Woohyun, I should've done better as your father," he softly said and felt his tears slowly come out. 
 
Woohyun helped set up the table while the Park family were getting ready for dinner. Soon then the doorbell rung an his breath stopped, knowing that Myungsoo and his parents would see him. 
 
"I'll get it!" Luhan shouted and got the door. Woohyun quickly fled to the kitchen, so they wouldn't see him. "Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Nam, Myungsoo."
 
"Good evening to you too Luhan," Mrs. Nam said with a smile and walked in. Mr. and Mrs. Park walked down and greeted then with Haneul and Minah following behind. 
 
"Dinner is ready, shall we eat?" Mr. Park said and they followed him into the dining room. 
 
"Where's Woohyun?" Haneul whispered to Luhan. 
 
"Probably in the kitchen," Luhan whispered back and pointed to the kitchen door. 
 
"We should have him join us," Haneul said as Luhan nodded. 
 
They all sat down at the table while Luhan was trying to find the right time to go and get Woohyun, but Mrs. Nam just kept on talking and since he didn't want to be rude; he stayed in his spot and listened. Woohyun looked out at them through the small kitchen door window and bit his bottom lip when he heard something boiling. It was the soup he made for Sungsoo. 
 
"What should I do? I can't out there, but I need to feed Sungsoo," he softly whispered, biting his bottom lip. He scratched his head trying to think of a plan when he saw a mask on the counter. He smiled happily and grabbed it, putting it over his mouth and pouring the soup into a bowl to bring up to Sungsoo. He walked up to the door and let out a sigh before heading out. I hope they won't recognize me.
 
He opened the door and walked out to pass the dining table quietly when Minah saw him. 
 
"Oppa~!" she shouted with a smile, which made Woohyun jump and drop the bowl of soup. All eyes were on him now as he stood there frozen; his hands burning from the hot soup that had spilled on him. 
 
"Hyung!" Luhan shouted with wide eyes and ran up to him. Woohyun looked at Luhan then to the Nam residence to see them all stare at him. He then met eyes with Myungsoo, making his heart stop. 
 
"Hyung!" Luhan shouted again. "Your hand is red! Did you burn yourself?!"
 
"I'm fine Luhan, I'll clean this up right away," Woohyun said kneeling down to clean it, but Haneul grabbed his arm. 
 
"Leave it," she softly said. "Let me take a look at your hand."
 
"But-"
 
She lifted his arm up and saw his hand redder than a tomato. She gently touched it, making him twitch in pain. 
 
"Come with me. I'll treat it," she said and pulled Woohyun up to his feet and dragged him with her. Luhan watched them leave and looked down at the spilled soup. He headed into the kitchen to grab a rag and headed back out to wipe the tiles clean while Minah helped out. 
 
"I'm sorry for the trouble," Mrs. Park said as Mr. Nam shook his head, saying it was alright. 
 
"How can you hire a maid like that who can't properly do his work?" Mrs. Nam muttered as Myungsoo glared at her. "That's why I got rid of that useless-"
 
"That's enough," Myungsoo firmly said. He leaned down and whispered into her ear, "Represent yourself better, Madam Nam."
 
She looked at him and deeply exhaled through her nose and flipped her hair away from her shoulder. Mr. and Mrs. Park looked at the two and began feeling this uncomfortable atmosphere. Myungsoo got up and kneeled down besides Luhan. 
 
"I'll help you," he said and took another rag, wiping the floor. Minah his stopped helping Luhan and ran after Woohyun and Haneul. 
 
Haneul had taken Woohyun into the bathroom, rinsing his hand in cool water. She searched for the first aid kit and applied a gel medicine on it to make it cool down. She then wrapped it in bandages while Woohyun looked at her with warm eyes. 
 
"Be careful next time oppa," Haneul softly said, still wrapping Woohyun's hand. "Use a tray next time, instead of the bowl itself. Especially when it's hot."
 
He nodded and watched her tie the bandage when Minah stepped into the bathroom with teary eyes. 
 
"Minah," Woohyun said with a soft smile. Minah ran up to Woohyun and gave him a hug. 
 
"I'm sorry. It's because of me that you got hurt," she said as he chuckled and wrapped his arm around her. 
 
"It's not your fault. You were just happy to see me after a long day of day care," he said. She sniffed and hugged Woohyun tighter. 
 
"You're not mad, are you?" Minah asked, releasing the hug to look at him. 
 
"Of course not. I can never be mad at my lovely princess," he said and kissed her little forehead. Haneul smiled and felt something warm in her. There was something about Woohyun that made Haneul feel this way. 
 
"You should go back downstairs and join them," Woohyun said getting up from the edge of the bathtub. 
 
"Why don't you join us?" Haneul asked as he shook his head. 
 
"I've already eaten, enjoy yourselves," he said and looked down at Minah. "You should apologize to the guests too, for interrupting Madam Nam's story time."
 
Minah nodded and wiped her eyes dry. Haneul took her hand and they both began walking down the hallway. 
 
"Haneul," Woohyun said as she stopped and turned around. He raised his injured hand up and smiled. "Thank you for taking care of me."
 
She smiled and nodded, then turned around heading to the dining hall. Getting back to them, Haneul went into the kitchen and poured in a new bowl of soup, knowing Woohyun had made it for Sungsoo. She carried it out and into his room, to see him coughing and laying in bed while watching some TV. 
 
"Sungsoo," Haneul said as he looked at her and smiled. "I brought up some soup. Woohyun had specially made it for you."
 
"He went into my kitchen?" Sungsoo asked in a teasing manner as she giggled and nodded. She handed him the soup and he smelled it. "This smells delicious~! Are you sure Woohyun made this?"
 
"Yes he did. I was secretly watching him," she replied. He took a spoon full and sipped the soup, making his face glow. 
 
"This is really good. How on earth can a kid like him cook just as good as me?" Sungsoo asked and continued to eat the soup. "Why didn't he bring it up himself? Too scared I might judge him?"
 
Haneul softly laughed and shook her head. "Minah shouted his name and he accidentally dropped the bowl from her outburst. He burned his hand, so he wasn't able to bring it up."
 
"Is that so?" he asked as she nodded. "He must have been worried about me. He's a good guy."
 
"He is, isn't he?" she asked. Flashed of Woohyun ran through her mind which made her blush. Sungsoo noticed and chuckled, making Haneul confused. 
 
"I can see someone here has a crush," he teased as she gasped. 
 
"N-no I don't!" she shouted, which made him laugh. She huffed out a sigh and walked to the door. "You need to stop teasing me."
 
"That's never going to happen," he said and continued to eat the soup. 
 
"Well, I'll be heading back to my family and them," she said and bowed to him. "I'll come by again to check up on you. I'll bring Woohyun along too, so you could thank him."
 
Sungsoo nodded and Haneul opened the door, running into someone. She looked up and saw that it was Myungsoo. 
 
"Oh, Myungsoo-ssi, what are you doing?" she asked him. 
 
"I was looking for you," he said. "We should head back to the dining room while our food is still warm."
 
She nodded and walked past him as he followed behind, then looked back at Sungsoo's bedroom door. Did I just hear them talking about Woohyun? Could it really be him? That can't be possible though...someone like him living with these people?