Chapter 36

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Woohyun's POV~

I didn't see my father after that day and it's been 3 days since then. I wanted to wait until I thought it was right to show myself again, but with Luhan now knowing he would push me to see him; Sungsoo would as well. The others still didn't know and I hope to keep it that way for now.

"Hyung, will you be seeing your father today?" Luhan asked while laying on his stomach on the couch. I sat on the ground with my back pressed against the edge of the couch. I the TV and ate some fruit snacks. "Or are you just going to make up an excuse to not see him? Like you have to do groceries at 9pm or you have to hang out with friends, cause I know you have no friends and the grocery store closes at 8pm."

"I've been thinking about it and I think I'll go see him today," I said.

"You think?" he asked as he grabbed a fruit snack from me. "When you say you think, it usually means you won't."

I chuckled and looked up at him.

"Fine then," I said with a sigh. "I'll go see him tonight for sure."

He smiled and nodded like a proud person. He then gave me a thumbs up and continued to read his magazine.

"By the way, Haneul's getting out of school soon and she told me that Myungsoo won't be able to pick her up so she told me to, but-"

"You want me to go, huh?" I asked as he grinned.

"Can you?"

"I've got no problem with that," I said and looked at the clock. "Just 45 more minutes and I'll be able to see her."

"What are you talking about? You saw her this morning," Luhan said, flipping the page. "Ohh~ Kris and the others want to hang out again. They want you to come along."

"Really?" I asked as he nodded. "When?"

"Does it matter when? It's not like you have anything to do anyways," he said and stole another fruit snack from me. "But this Saturday at a karaoke center. We're going to be singing~!"

"Sounds exciting," I said with a smile and continued to watch TV while patiently waiting for Haneul to finish school.

Haneul's POV~

I stared out of the window as class was still in session. I sighed and puffed out my cheeks for the heck of it when someone popped my bubble formed cheek. I turned my head and saw Key just staring right at me.

"Do you need something?" I whispered as he shook his head.

"I just felt like doing that," he said and smiled. "By the way, why do you keep looking out the window for? Are you hoping to see Myungsoo wait for you at the front gates?"

"No, he's not coming today either because of work," I said with another sigh.

"Awwh~ is someone jealous because you're being replaced by work?" he asked with a fake pout.

"It's not like that oppa," I said with a glare and faced forward. "I need today to go by quicker."

"Why? So you could see Woohyun faster?" Key asked as I felt my heart race at his name. "Ouu~ are you blushing again? Should I just keep saying his name?"

"Kibum! Class is still in session, keep quiet back there!" Mr. Cho yelled from the front. I glanced at Key and giggled as he made a face.

"Why do I always get in trouble?" he asked and laid his head down on his desk. I looked at the clock and there was still 13 minutes left, then looked back out the window when I saw someone standing by the school gates. I squinted my eyes to get a better view and without hesitating, I knew it was Woohyun. I gasped and stood up, staring out of the window at him. Even though he was far from me, he felt so close.

"Haneul, sit back down," Mr. Cho said tapping his teaching stick on his desk. I looked at him and nodded, sitting back down with a rapid heart beat. He's really here.

I smiled to myself and glanced back out at Woohyun as he leaned against the brick wall. I heard someone snicker and I turned to see Key making kissing faces at me. I kicked his leg and smiled at him, then glared at him.

The bell rung and I ran out of the school, running past all the students. My heart raced faster and faster as I got closer and closer to him.

"Oppa~!" I shouted at him. He looked in my direction and smiled, making me smile as well. I stopped in him only a few feet away. "I'm guessing Luhan got lazy."

"He sure did," he said and chuckled a bit. I nodded and didn't want any eye contact with him or else my heart would beat again, not like it's not beating fast right now. "Well, let's go home. I just made some freshly baked cookies for you."

"For me?" I asked with bright eyes as he widened his eyes.

"Ahh~ no...uhm, I meant to say I saved some for you because I knew Luhan would eat them all," he said rubbing the back of his neck. I giggled and nodded. "We have to walk a bit because I couldn't find a good parking place, so I parked at the end of the street over there."

I looked at the direction he was pointing at and it was a bit far. I looked at him again and smiled.

"I don't mind walking," I said. Because I'll be walking next to you.

We both started walking, feeling the cold breeze blow in my hair. It really has gotten colder knowing that December is coming near, meaning winter would too. I didn't want to show Woohyun that I was cold, but then again I've always wanted to have someone take off their jacket just for me, but before I could make a move he beat me to it. He grabbed my wrist, making me turn to look at him.

"Are you cold?" he asked, looking down at me.

"No, I'm fine," I half lied when he grabbed my hand.

"Your hands are extremely cold Haneul," he said in a worried tone. "Your legs must be cold too especially when your skirt is so short."

"I'm fine oppa, really," I said while glancing down at our hands. It wasn't long when he let go of my hand and took off his jacket.

"Here take this, it'll keep you warm until we get to the car," he said with a smile and held it up for me. I slid my arms through the sleeves and immediately, I was embraced by his warmth. His sweet and gentle scent was enough to keep me warm.

"Thank you oppa," I said with a shy smile, not looking at him in the eyes.

"Anything for you," he said and we contiued to walk to the car side by side. His jacket really was comfy to wear even if it was big on me. Once we got to the car, my heart kind of sunk because I liked it better when we were walking together.

He opened the door for me and I got in as he walked around the car to get in. He started up the engine and soon drove home.

"Oppa," I said glancing at him. He didn't say anything, but I knew he wanted me to continue with what I was going to say. "Whenever you come to pick me up, is it okay if we just walk all the way home, even if it'll take an hour or more?"

"You want to walk from now on?" he asked as I nodded. "But winter's almost here. You want to walk in the cold too?"

"Well, no...but once the snow is all gone, I'd like to walk home with you," I softly said, hearing a snicker from him. I looked up at him and he took a glance at me.

"I'd love that Haneul," he said and perfectly smiled, making my face heat up. The rest of the ride home was silent, yet comfortable. Once we got home, I went straight to the kitchen for the cookies he made, but I didn't see any at all just crumbs. Woohyun had entered the kitchen too and widened his eyes.

"Where did the cookies go?" he asked when Luhan walked in with a empty glass of milk. We both looked at him and he just stared at us, then looked at his empty glass cup.

"Oh~ I ate all the cookies, sorry," he said with a child like grin. "Why didn't you tell me that you made cookies hyung? Did you only make them for Haneul?"

I looked at Woohyun as his eyes got bigger than before.

"N-no! They were for everyone, but...you ended up eating them all," he softly said and looked away.

"Well they were too good to resist," Luhan said and washed his cup. "Sorry Haneul, I ate all of your cookies."

"Uh, no it's fine oppa," I said and he walked out, leaving me alone with Woohyun. "Did you lie to me back at school? You really made those for me, didn't you?"

He didn't even look up at me and rubbed the back of his neck. It can't be that he's getting those weird feelings I usually get when I'm nervous around him and I become speechless...it's kind of cute.

"I made those for...for...forget I even made the cookies," he said and walked out of the kitchen as I just looked at the door, flustered.

"Did his ears get red just now?" I wondered and scratched my head.

Woohyun's POV~

I walked into the living room where Luhan was and made a face. He looked up at me and winked.

"Why did you eat all of the cookies?" I asked him as he shrugged.

"I was sharing it with someone," he said and jerked his head at me. I was confused, so I pointed to myself. "Behind you hyung."

I turned around and saw Myungsoo standing behind me with a smirk, but for some reason it didn't look like a smirk; more of like a smile.

"What are you doing here Myungsoo?" I asked him as he walked past me.

"I came to see Haneul," he said and took a seat next to Luhan. "It sounded like you were a bit disappointed when all your cookies were gone. I'm sorry, but I'm also a culprit here."

I didn't know what to say, so I just stood there.

"If you're here to see Haneul, then she's in the kitchen," I said and walked away to the stairs when Haneul came out from the hallway.

"I heard my name," she said then looked past me to Myungsoo. "Oh~ oppa! Why are you here?"

She walked past me and went straight to Myungsoo. For some reason, it bothered me to see the two of them together, but I knew the reason for being bothered by them. I didn't want it to bother me anymore, so I walked up the stairs to my room. I laid in my bed and stared up at the ceiling, thinking. I can't be like this. It's wrong for me to be having these feelings, especially to another's woman.

I deeply exhaled and decided to take a little nap before seeing my father at the hospital.