Chapter 21

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Woohyun's POV~

"Hyung, would you like to accompany on my date?" Luhan asked while putting on his jacket. 
 
"Date?!" I asked with wide eyes. "I can't do that!"
 
"It's fine," he chuckled. "It's only a play date with my friends. They've been wanting to meet you, since I only talk about you. I thought today would be the right day, so what do you say?"
 
"If that's what you want then I guess I have no choice, but to go," I said as he smiled. 
 
"I hope you know I'm not forcing you to go," he said. 
 
"I know," I said and smiled. "Let me wash up first then I'll meet you down."
 
"Alright hyung," he said and I headed up to my room to get ready. 
 
After a warm shower, I pulled a t-shirt over my head and got into some comfy jeans. I headed out and met up with Luhan outside of the house. 
 
"Let's go hyung," he said with a smile and got in the car as I did too. 
 
"So, you said you've talked about me," I said as he nodded. "What did you say?"
 
"Good things of course because that's all you are. A good person," he said and glanced at me. "I told them you were a new maid in the house, but to me you're more than just a maid. You're my only hyung."
 
"Really? Your friends aren't older than you?" I asked. He shook his head and stopped at a red light. 
 
"I'm the oldest in the group, well there is Xiumin, but he doesn't like being the hyung, so I took the role. The youngest is the same age as Haneul, they go to the same school," he said as I nodded. The light turned green and he drove. 
 
"Why does the youngest hang out with you and not Haneul?" I then asked. He chuckled and shrugged. 
 
"I'm just better," he laughed as I did too. "But Tao's a shy guy and didn't really fit in with anyone considering that he was Chinese. Haneul had brought him home one day just for the heck of it and I, being welcoming, welcomed him to our home and from that day on, he had been following me around. He's also an only child, so he looks up to me and the others as his hyungs."
 
I smiled and thought of my step-brothers. If only the younger ones could look up to me and if only I could rely and look up to the hyungs....
 
"We're here," Luhan said and put the car in park. He unbuckled himself and got out as I did too. I followed him into a luxurious house and was welcomed by maids and butlers. 
 
"Good evening Luhan-ssi and to you sir," an elderly butler said with a bow. "You may follow me. The Young Masters are waiting for you two."
 
"Being shown to a room is very uncomfortable considering that it's my job to do these sorts of things," I whispered to Luhan, who just smiled.
 
We reached a long hallway and walked to the end, where they were. We entered the room and these friends of Luhan were handsome. They have the face of wealth written all over them. 
 
"Hyung~!" a tall, slim guy said with panda eyes. "You're here!"
 
"Yep and I brought a friend," Luhan said, wrapping his arm around my neck. "Guys, this is Woohyun. He's the hyung I always talk about."
 
"It's nice to meet you Woohyun hyung, my name's Tao," he said and bowed. 
 
"It's nice to meet you too," I replied and bowed to him. A tall, golden hair guy then walked towards me and smile. 
 
"Hey, I'm Kris. Luhan says a lot of good things about you," he said holding his hand out for a handshake. I shook his hand and it was a really firm shake. Then one by one the others came up to me. 
 
"Hi, I'm Xiumin."
 
"I'm Lay, it's nice to meet you Woohyun."
 
"Hello, I'm Chen."
 
I nodded and bowed to them all, then said, "It's a pleasure to meet you all."
 
"Luhan told us you're a maid in the house, but you don't look like one," Xiumin said staring at me. 
 
"Everyone says that," I said while rubbing the back of my neck. "But I am."
 
"You look like you came from a wealthy family though," Chen said, rubbing his chin. "What's your family background?"
 
"My family background?" I repeated as he nodded. I looked at him then to others who looked at me curiously, even Luhan. 
 
"Uhm, well...I lost my mother during a house fire and my father, he pretty much disowned me," I said. They looked at me shocked. 
 
"Why is that? Hyung's a good person, isn't he?" Tao asked as I quietly chuckled. 
 
"It's a bit personal," I softly said as they nodded. 
 
"We understand," Kris said and patted my back. "I wanted to go to a sauna today, so let's go."
 
"You guys go to saunas?" I asked them. They exchanged looks then started laughing. "Uh, did I say something wrong?"
 
"Hyung, I really like you," Lay laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "We may be rich, but we're also human. It's not wrong to go to a public sauna either."
 
I felt embarrassed as they continued to laugh. 
 
"Don't think we're laughing at you," Luhan said and sighed from laughing too much. "C'mon, lets get going. I really want a cold drink in this hot weather."
 
"I need to get pay back too. Chen hyung kept hitting me with the eggs," Xiumin said and glared at Chen. 
 
"Who told you to have such a pretty head to crack an egg?" Chen laughed and walked away with Xiumin following behind. Lay's arm was still around me and he looked at me. 
 
"Today's going to be a fun day because we have hyung with us," he smiled and pulled me with him to the car. 
 
Arriving at the sauna center, we changed into comfortable clothes and sat in a private room for us. 
 
"I've got the drinks~!" Luhan sung coming into the room with a tray. 
 
"And I've got the eggs!" Xiumin shouted while snickering, looking at Chen. "I bought enough to bruise your precious head."
 
Chen shook his head and chuckled. Luhan sat down besides me and handed out the drinks. 
 
"This is refreshing, isn't it?" Luhan asked taking a sip of the cold drink. 
 
"It is," Kris sighed and laid on the ground, then looked at me. "Is there a girl you're interested in?"
 
I choked on my drink and coughed while Luhan patted my back. Kris laid on his side and rested his head on his hand with a evil, player smirk. 
 
"So there is," he asked wiggling his eyebrows. 
 
"Ahh, hyung, why do you always do this? Always talking about girls," Lay said shaking his head at Kris. 
 
"But this is what boys do, talk about girls like how girls talk about boys. Then they go all crazy and start screaming just thinking about their crush," Kris casually said. I coughed one last time and cleared my throat. 
 
"Hyung, only you do that," Chen said and ate his egg. "But I'm curious, is there a girl you're into right now?"
 
"How can you guys just casually ask that? You just met him and yet you guys are doing this," Luhan said, squeezing my shoulder. He then looked at me and smiled. "Hyung, you can tell me anything. Who's the lucky girl?"
 
"L-Luhan," I said as he showed an eye smile. "I-I don't like anyone at all."
 
"Lies," Xiumin scoffed with a grin. "There has to be a girl hat makes your heart beat faster than usual."
 
I thought hard about it when my heart started beating faster because her face had appeared. I then felt myself blushing and the boys saying, "Woo~!"
 
"Who's this girl?" Tao asked, now laying on his stomach and kicking his feet up in the air. 
 
"Uh, well," I softly said, rubbing the back of my neck. "She's really pretty-"
 
"Pretty? That's it?" Kris asked as I nodded. "How can you fall for someone pretty? She should be beautiful, you should say she's beautiful."
 
I snickered and fiddled my fingers. 
 
"She's beautiful, not just her but her heart," I said now feeling even more embarrassed. "She takes good care of me and she worries about me. Almost like she's my caretaker."
 
"She sounds like a good girl," Lay smiled. 
 
"She is," I said and smiled. "She's the type of girl when you see her, you automatically start smiling and you feel sane."
 
"Those sorts of girl are rare," Luhan said, blinking at me. "How did you even find that type of girl?"
 
"Those girls aren't hard to find. You see it in a girl when you know you're in love with her," I said as they showed now response. 
 
"So that means hyung is in love with her?" Tao asked with a big grin. I widened my eyes and shook my hands in front of me. 
 
"I wouldn't say it's love-"
 
"But you just said-"
 
"It's just what I think," I said with an uneasy laugh and smiled. "A girl like her probably wouldn't even fall in love with a guy like me. I'm just a servant."
 
"A girl doesn't fall in love with the job you do, but with you. If you show her the good side of you, then she'll fall in love with you," Luhan said with a soft smile. "From what I see it as, she may have already fallen for you. By the way, who is this girl?"
 
"Yeah, who is she?" Lay asked, leaning forward to quickly hear my answer. 
 
"That girl?" I asked as they nodded. "A girl who makes my heart beat fast."
 
"Aish, I meant what's her name?" Luhan asked disappointed. I chuckled and shrugged because I didn't want them knowing, at least not yet. 
 
"Hyung~ what's the point on telling us then when you're not going to tell us her name?" Tao whined. They all started complaining too, but I still didn't tell them and so the girl talk continued. Ah, no...I meant boy talk.
 
After an enjoyable day with Luhan's friends, we headed home. 
 
"They really like you," Luhan said with a smile. "You should hang out more with us."
 
"I'd like to, but I have to keep things in check at home," I replied. We reached the gate as it opened for us. 
 
"Hyung, you need to be a boy too and explore. You can't just stay home and clean all day like Cinderella," he said as I chuckled. 
 
"I'm not Cinderella though because I'm not a girl," I said. We parked the car and got out. 
 
"Then you could be Prince Charming!" he shouted after me. 
 
"I can't be Prince Charming when I'm a maid," I laughed and entered the house when I bumped into someone. "Oh, I'm sorry."
 
"It's fine oppa," Haneul's voice had said and she looked up at me. She was wearing a beautiful blue dress and had a tiara on. She noticed me looking and softly giggled. "I'm playing with Minah. I'm Cinderella."
 
"Cinderella?" I asked as she nodded. Her eyes twinkled a bit as she smiled brightly, having that feeling coming out. 
 
"I'm in need of a Prince Charming, will you be him?" she asked. 
 
"Me?" I asked as she nodded. "Uhm, I-"
 
"Come with me," she said and grabbed my hand, dragging me with her and we both entered Minah's room. "Mother, I found him."
 
Minah was siting on a high chair and crossed her leg. She looked at me and smirked. 
 
"Why are you the mother?" I asked as she shushed me. 
 
"So this is the Prince Charming?" she asked in a low voice, to sound more mature. 
 
"Yes mother, he is the man I love," Haneul said as I looked at her, feeling my heart beating. 
 
"Aren't you Cinderella? This isn't how it goes-"
 
"Just play along oppa," Haneul whispered as I nodded. 
 
"And what do you have to say Prince?" Minah asked with her head held high. "Do you or do you not love Cinderella?"
 
I looked at Haneul, who nodded for me to say yes. I then looked at Minah, who still had her poker face on. 
 
"Well?" Minah asked impatient. I sighed and looked at Haneul, kneeling down on one knee. 
 
"I do Madam," I said, holding Haneul's hand. "I love Cinderella with all my heart."
 
I could feel Haneul's hand sweating and she was blushing. I too could feel it myself. 
 
"If you love her then kiss her," Minah said now smiling to herself. She for sure was enjoying this. 
 
"Minah, Woohyun can't kiss me," Haneul said, taking her hand away from mine. "How about you change the story up?"
 
"No, I can't do that! The prince and the princess has to kiss!" Minah pouted. I got up and chuckled, walking up to her. 
 
"I'd rather kiss the real princess," I said and kissed Minah's cheeks. She wiped her cheeks and pouted. 
 
"Oppa, I'm not the Princess. I'm the mother and Haneul unnie is the Princess," she said. I looked at Haneul as she looked away. I smiled and walked up to Haneul, grabbing her hand. 
 
"Then I'll just have to kiss both Princesses," I said and kissed Haneul's hand. She rounded her eyes and her face was getting red. 
 
"Uh, I'm getting sleepy. I'm going to bed," she said and quickly ran off. I looked back at Minah who was covering , giggling. 
 
"Haneul likes oppa," she teased. I laughed through my nose and picked Minah up. 
 
"Now lets not start assuming and put you to sleep," I said, bringing her to her bed then tucked her in. 
 
"I'll be the fairy godmother and make sure you two end up happily ever after," Minah said with a smile. I brushed her hair back and kissed her forehead. 
 
"Minah, Haneul and I can never be together. We don't like each other that way," I said and walked to the door. "Goodnight Minah."
 
"Goodnight oppa," she said and I turned off the light, closing the door behind me. I went into my room and laid in bed, staring up at the ceiling. I placed my hand over my chest and I could still feel my heart beating. 
 
"So this is how it feels like? I thought it was just all a fairy tale  to be in love," I whispered and smiled. "But fairy tales are just fairy tales."