Chapter 6

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

3rd Person POV~

"I'm sorry about that Haneul," Mrs. Nam said with a smile as Haneul shook her head.

"It's okay, but who was that?" she asked, while holding onto Woohyun's bracelet.

"Oh, him? He's no one that concerns you," she said with a forced smile. "Well, shall I bring you to Myungsoo?"

"Who?"

"Your fiance, Myungsoo," she said as Haneul face-palmed herself. "Come this way honey."

She followed Mrs. Nam and met up with Myungsoo and Mr. Nam. She politely greeted them both with a bow and smiled.

"You look beautiful," Myungsoo said with a heart melting smile. She thanked him and looked around for Woohyun. "Are you looking for someone?"

"Huh?" she asked, looking up at Myungsoo, who knew she was looking for Woohyun "Oh, no I'm not. I was just...looking at all the beautiful decorations."

"Do you like them?" he asked as she nodded. "I did them all myself."

She rounded her eyes at him as he held his head high, proud. "You really did this all by yourself?"

He nodded and smiled. She was a bit surprised, but doubtful too.

"You two already have that bond, I just know your marriage will go well," Mrs. Nam said with a smile and pinched Haneul's cheek. "Well, Mr. Nam and I will leave the two alone."

Haneul and Myungsoo bowed to them and watched them leave. Myungsoo looked at Haneul and asked, "What do you want to do?"

"Me?" she asked as he nodded. "Honestly, I just want to go home."

"That can't happen, both our parents wouldn't want that when they haven't even announced out engagment," he said with a sigh.

"That's right...our engagment..." she softly said with a pout. He noticed her pout and smiled to himself, thinking it was cute.

"Do you want to dance?" he then asked, getting her attention. He held his hand out, waiting for her to accept it. She couldn't reject because that would be impolite, so she agreed and took his hand, leading her to the middle of all the dancing bodies. He wrapped an arm around her waist and held her hand with the other, but the feeling felt different from when Woohyun was dancing with her.

----------

Woohyun took off his mask and threw it on his torn bed. He started stripping his clothes off and got into something more comfortable. He let out an exhuasted sigh and sat on his bed, folding his hands together and resting his elbow on his knees. "I'm in big trouble now that Madam saw me at the party I wasn't invited to."

I bit my bottom lip and laid on my back, staring up at the crusty ceiling, thinking of all the things Madam would be saying after the party.

----------

Mrs. Nam tapped the microphone on the stage, getting all the guest attention. She smiled once the room had gone completely silent as she held up a glass of wine.

"I'd like to thank you all for coming tonight," she started. "Today is a special day for my son Myungsoo, who I'd like to have come up here on stage. I'd also like the Park residence to come as well."

Myungsoo looked down at Haneul, her returning the look. They both started walking up the stage with all eyes on them, earning murmurs from the guest and from his brothers. Haneul stood next to her parents and bit her bottom lip.

"I want to happily announce that the Park residence was kind enough to share their businesses with us and not only that, but to let us become a family," Mrs. Nam said with a smile that seemed so fake. The room then started to get louder as people were confused with what was going on. "I'd like to announce that my son and their daughter had agreed to marry and so we asked you all here today to join us in celebration. Let us all congratulate the two on their engagement."

She held up her glass of wine as so did the guests and did a little cheer. Haneul felt even more uncomforable and watched her parents smile at each other. The guests held up their glasses and drunk the wine as Haneul just watched. There were still murmurs heard in the room. Both family got off stage and sat down at a table, taking off their masks. 

 
"You look beautiful Haneul without that mask," Mrs. Nam said as Haneul thanked her. 
 
"So this is what the party was for?" Sungjong scoffed while he and his brothers watched them from afar. "What's so special about a stupid engagement?"
 
"It's not the engagement. It's Myungsoo," Hoya said. "He's the special one."
 
"Of course he is, he'll always be the special one. We're just dogs who can only watch from afar," Sungyeol said with an annoyed sigh. 
 
"Don't worry, at least we're not lower than Woohyun," Dongwoo laughed, making them laugh. Sunggyu stopped laughing and blinked, thinking. 
 
"Wait, umma said something about a business share. Why wasn't I chosen to take over?" Sunggyu questioned while scratching his head. 
 
"It's obvious isn't it? She's choosing favorites," Sungjong said with a diva-like look. "So in other words, you're not favored by anyone."
 
"Aish, this kid," Sunggyu said and was going to chase Sungjong, but Dongwoo held him back. "He really wants to die."
 
"You'll die before you could even lay a hand on him," Dongwoo said and let Sunggyu go. He fixed his suit and looked over to Myungsoo. 
 
"Lets do something fun," Sunggyu said with a smirk. "Myungsoo hates spicy things, right?"
 
His brothers nodded and Sunggyu's plan popped up into their heads, making them smirk. 
 
"Hyung, you're really a bad person," Hoya said in a evil, sarcastic way. "But I'm up for it."
 
They all laughed at the plan and left to get some chili powder. Meanwhile, the Park residence and the Nam residence were sitting down, waiting to have food served to them. After a few minutes, the food came as well as Myungsoo's brothers. They sat around the table and hid their laughter. 
 
"Wow, this looks good," Haneul said with a smile. 
 
"Go ahead and dig in dear," Mrs. Nam said and she began digging in. "Myungsoo, go ahead and eat too."
 
He looked at the food and felt like he shouldn't eat it. He eyes it suspiciously and was going to push the plate aside when his brothers spoke. 
 
"Eat up hyung," Sungjong said with a sweet smile, but behind that smile was an evil child. 
 
"Yeah Myungsoo, eat it. You haven't eaten all day," Dongwoo said with a mouth full. Myungsoo looked at all his brothers and began digging in, slowly. Something just didn't feel right after eating the first bite. 
 
"Are you okay?" Haneul asked him as she was sitting right next to him. "You don't look well."
 
He swallowed the food and instantly a burning sensation went to his throat. He began to cough and clutched his throat, gasping for water. His throat was dry and almost like a real burn, it was killing his throat. 
 
"Myungsoo!" Mr. and Mrs. Nam shouted, standing up. "Someone give him water!"
 
His brothers started laughing and fell on the ground, holding their stomachs to laugh even more. The Park residence didn't know what to do, so they watched, panicking. 
 
"Myungsoo-ssi," Haneul said while giving him some water. Everything was chaotic. Mr. and Mrs. Nam were shouting, Myungsoo was still crazily coughing, the boys were laughing hysterically and everyone was panicking, calling for a doctor. 
 
A doctor had finally come and they took Myungsoo to a hospital. All the guests had left too, leaving the Nam and Park residence. Mr. Nam had gone with Myungsoo to the hospital. 
 
"I'm sorry for everything that just happened," Mrs. Nam said, bowing to the Park family. 
 
"It's okay, but please do tell us how he's doing," Mrs. Park said with a warm smile. 
 
"We'll be taking our leave now," Mr. Park said and they left. Mrs. Nam watched them leave then stomped to the kitchen. 
 
"Who was the one who put chili powder in my son's food?!" Mrs. Nam shouted at all the workers. They exchanged looks when she became impatient. "Tell me who it was or else I'll fire you all."
 
"It was Young Master Sunggyu," a male worker said looking over to him. He gulped and gave the worker his death stare. 
 
"Sunggyu?" Mrs. Nam asked then looked at him. 
 
"U-umma, it wasn't me," he said, holding his hands in front of him, defending himself. 
 
"Then who was it?"
 
"U-uh....W-Woohyun!" Sunggyu quickly said. "It was Woohyun! He told me to do it!"
 
"I should've know!" Mrs. Nam firmly said through clenched teethes then stomped into Woohyun's room, where he was peacefully sleeping. The boys followed her downstairs not wanting to miss the drama. 
 
"Woohyun! Wake up!" she shouted, pulling the thin blanket off of him. He felt a cold breeze touch his skin, making him shiver. "I said wake up!!"
 
He slowly sat up and rubbed his tired eyes. "Is it time for me to clean up?"
 
Mrs. Nam scoffed and clenched her fist. "What the hell were you thinking? Were you trying to kill him by putting chili powder into his food?!?"
 
"I did what?" Woohyun asked with wide eyes. 
 
"You told Sunggyu to put chili powder into my son's food. You know better than to do such childish things!" she yelled. 
 
"I didn't tell Sunggyu to do anything. I never left the room," Woohyun innocently said. Mrs. Nam felt even more pissed and lifted Woohyun up from his bed. 
 
"I can't stand having you around anymore," she firmly said into his ear and dragged him up the stairs. She threw him out of the front door. "You think about what you did then come back, but until then I won't let you in."
 
Woohyun got up and brushed his clothes up, glaring at them. "I don't regret what I did. I hope he dies. I hope you all do."
 
"Why this jerk-"
 
"Hoya!" Mrs. Nam said, holding him back. "Forget him, he won't be able to survive anyways. He'll be the one to die before the rest of us."
 
"You know what, don't ever think about coming back," Sunggyu said with a smirk. 
 
"Don't worry, I won't," Woohyun said and began walking in the cold with bare feet.