Chapter 38

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Haneul's POV~

I was sleeping when I felt the bed sink in next to me. I slowly opened my eyes and saw someone laying next to me, making me scream. I shot out of my bed and covered myself up with my blanket. The person who was next to me sat up and looked at me, making me widen my eyes. 
 
"M-Myungsoo?!" I shouted as he smiled brightly at me. 
 
"Good morning," he said waving. 
 
"W-what are you doing here?!" I asked looking around my room to see if there was anyone watching, even with the door closed. 
 
"I'm here to spend some time with my fiancé, can I not?" he asked, getting up from my bed.
 
"You didn't have to come in though and sleep next to me," I said setting the blanket back on the bed. He just smiled at me, innocently. 
 
 "I wanted to go on a date with you since we haven't gone in a while," he said and walked around the bed towards me. He was so close that I could feel his body heat, then he leaned down whispering, "I'll be waiting for you."
 
I gulped and felt my heart pounding as he walked towards the door, then stopped once he opened it. He glanced at me and smiled once again. 
 
"Your messy bed hair makes you look funny...in a good way," he said and walked out closing the door behind him. 
 
"Tch, what's so good about messy hair?" I scoffed and decided to wash up and get ready. 
 
Myungsoo's POV~
 
I walked down the hallway to meet Woohyun at the stairs, heading down the stairs together. We didn't talk or have any sort of eye contact with each other. 
 
"Hyung, let's get going. Kris and the others are waiting for us," Luhan said while putting on his shoes. "Myungsoo, you said you were taking Haneul out?"
 
"Yeah," I answered as Woohyun was putting on his coat. 
 
"Take care of her and don't take her away for too long. She has a curfew," Luhan said and winked at Woohyun, who just stared at him. 
 
"I'll bring her back before 9," I said and watched him leave along with Woohyun. 
 
"Ah hyung," I said as Woohyun stopped at the door. "Abeoji will be discharged in 3 days, you'll be there right?"
 
He looked at me and smiled, saying, "Of course I will, then after that day I won't see him nor you again."
 
"Why?" I asked as he looked out the door not saying a word. "You must hate us...."
 
That caught his attention. He turned his head and that gloomy look of his appeared. 
 
"I don't hate you Myungsoo. I can never hate my little brother," he said and walked away just like that. I furrowed my eyebrows and was gonna go after him, but Haneul shouted my name from the stairs. 
 
"Myungsoo, sorry I kept you waiting," she said and ran down the stairs, then looked out the door. "Oh~ did Woohyun and Luhan leave already?"
 
"Yeah, just now," I said and looked down at her. "Well, where do you want to go?"
 
"Me? I thought you'd be prepared and take me somewhere you wanted to go," she said blinking her eyes. 
 
"Fine then...let's go shopping. I want to buy more clothes for myself," I said as she just stared at me. "What? You don't want to go?"
 
"No, I want to go shopping," she said with a smile and we both walked out of the house. 
 
We got to the mall and started roaming around for the first half of the hour before actually buying something. 
 
"Haneul, do you like this tie or this one?" I asked holding up a silky purple tie and a red and black stripes tie next to each other. She examined the ties and tapped her chin. 
 
"I like the purple one," she said and so I looked at it. "The red and black striped one looks a bit weird."
 
"Really? I think it looks fine," I said and put it back on the rack. "Purple it is then!"
 
We walked around the store and bought the things I picked out. She walked out empty handed. 
 
"Is there any store you want to go to?" I asked her as she shook her head. "Are you sure?"
 
"I'm fine oppa, we did come here for you to buy yourself more clothes after all," she said while holding onto her purse with a bored expression. I made a face and pinched her cheek, making her jump startled. 
 
"Tell me what you want and I'll buy it for you," I said as she pouted while rubbing her cheek. 
 
"I don't need anything," she said and walked away when I grabbed her hand, dragging her with me to a store that looked feminine.
 
"Look around and get whatever you want. I'll buy it for you," I said with a smile. She just looked at me with an eyebrow raised up. 
 
"Oppa, I-"
 
"Just go," I said and gently pushed her further in the store. I kept my eyes on her and everything she looked at. 
 
"Oppa!" she called out to me, "I want this blazer."
 
I walked up to her and took the blazer from her to examine it. It was a pastel pink blazer with white cuffs. I then held it up against her body and imagined her wearing it. 
 
"Perfect," I said with a smile and looked up at her. "You'll look perfect in it on our next date."
 
"Eh? Our next date?" she asked as I nodded. 
 
"Next week I'll take you out to a nice dinner," I said and held onto the blazer. "Why don't you continue to look around the store."
 
She nodded and walked around as I followed behind. She then stopped at the jewelry section looking at the rings, which caught my attention. 
 
"Ahh~ I should probably think about giving you a real ring," I said as she widened her eyes. 
 
"You don't need to," she said as I scoffed. 
 
"Why not? You're my wife and the only way to claim you as mine is a ring," I said while looking at the rings. Although the store was pretty elegant, the diamond rings were fake but they all are in clothing stores. 
 
"Can I pick a ring from here though? This ring here is pretty," she said pointing to one with an infinite sign and diamonds on it. 
 
"You want a fake ring?" I asked as she smiled and nodded. 
 
"Fake or not, it's still a ring," she answered and picked it up, sliding on her ring finger. "Oh~ it fits perfectly too."
 
Seeing how her eyes glowed after wearing the ring, I couldn't help but feel my heart beat fast. I placed my hand over my beating chest and just looked at her as she continued to admire the ring. 
 
"So, is that the last thing you want to buy in this store?" I asked her. She nodded and took off the ring, handing it to me. I took her stuff to the cashier while she waited outside of the store. 
 
Haneul's POV~
 
Myungsoo walked out of the store with my bag of clothes. We both began walking side by side window shopping when I felt his free hand brush against mine, making me gulp. He was so close to me, that I felt hot just walking next to him. 
 
"Should we stop for lunch?" he asked as I nodded. "Let's go to the food court then. I can smell something yummy from here."
 
I giggled at him as he lifted his nose up in the air, then walked towards the food court as I followed behind. 
 
"Oppa, I can carry my things," I said walking behind him. He turned around and smiled. 
 
"It's fine. I can carry all of these myself it's not heavy either," he said and walked slower for us to walk side by side again. We then reached the good court and he went straight to McDonald's area. 
 
"That was the yummy scent he smelt from back there?" I snickered and followed him. We both ordered our food and sat down at a table for two, silently eating. 
 
"Haneul," Myungsoo said after finishing half his burger. "I'm just curious, but when you're with me on a date...do you have fun?"
 
I blinked and set my burger aside, wiping my mouth. 
 
"Do you want the truth or the lie?" I asked with a teasing manner as he gently smiled. 
 
"The truth would be nice," he said while wiping the corner of his lips. 
 
"Mmmmm, I like being with you although sometimes it does get boring with you," I honestly said. He didn't look too happy; he looked upset. "But being with oppa makes me happy because we're supposed to be happy no matter who we're with, even if they're a boring person."
 
"Is that so?" he asked and looked down to his lap. "So, I really do make you happy then? You're not forcing yourself, right?"
 
"Nope," I said and smiled. "Sometimes I wonder myself if I make you happy. I usually can't tell if you are or not."
 
"I always am because it's you," he said with that perfect smile of his. "Because I'm with my wife, I'm happy."
 
"I'm not your wife yet," I stated as he snickered. 
 
"Close enough," he said and reached his arm out, grabbing my left hand. He then slid something on my ring finger and pulled his arm back to himself. I looked down and saw the ring I picked out, on my finger. 
 
"I promise you, I'll get you a real ring," he said. "A ring that will make you smile and think of me."
 
I don't know why my heart felt a bit tight at that sentence, but I just nodded my head at him. He smiled and continued to eat his burger as I did too. 
 
After a few more hours of shopping til the sun dropped, he sent me home. I waved him goodbye and entered the house to see the living room lights on. I entered and saw Woohyun asleep on the couch, curled up hugging his knees. I smiled at him and felt that tight feeling in my chest lighten up. 
 
I grabbed a blanket from my bedroom and headed back down to where Woohyun was sleeping. I laid it over him and kneeled down to see his sleeping figure. 
 
"I'm sorry I kept you waiting," I said while gently running my fingers through his soft hair. My eyes traveled from his hair, down to his eyes then to his lips. I brushed my thumb over his soft, pink lips and leaned in when Myungsoo suddenly appeared in my thoughts. I pulled away and looked at the ring he bought, making my heart squeeze again. 
 
"This is wrong," I whispered, pulling my hand away from Woohyun. "Loving you is wrong...."