Chapter 41

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

Haneul's POV~
 
I woke up to the alarm clock ringing right by my ear. I squeezed my eyes shut from the sudden loud sound and covered my ears. 
 
"I want to sleep some more," I groaned and rolled onto my stomach now covering my face. I rubbed my eyes then sat up, turning off the alarm clock on my nightstand when I saw a little box by the clock. 
 
"What is this?" I wondered and grabbed it, opening it to see a necklace with two hearts interlocked together. "When did this get here?"
 
I stared at it when there was a knock on my bedroom door. I set the necklace aside and got out of bed to open the door. When I did, Woohyun accidentally hit my forehead making him gasp. 
 
"Haneul!" he shouted and grabbed my face. "I'm so sorry! I was gonna knock again, but then you opened the door so I hit you instead."
 
I was too mesmerized that I couldn't think properly. 
 
"Are you okay?" he asked blinking his eyes as I nodded. "Luckily I didn't hit you that hard or else that precious forehead of yours would have been bruised."
 
"It's fine," I said and pulled his hands away from my face. He sighed and smiled. 
 
"Well, since you're awake go and get ready for school. Luhan has already left for work with your parents, so I'll send you to school," he said. 
 
"You'll send me to school?" I asked as he nodded. "I'll just get a butler to send me."
 
"Why? Do you not want me to take you?" he asked with that innocent face of his. 
 
"No, it's not that. I was just thinking that you could rest for today or something," I said rubbing my arm as he chuckled. 
 
"I rest everyday because this house is too clean that I can't clean it," he said and patted my head. "Just get ready. Breakfast is almost done too."
 
I nodded and he left as I went to the bathroom to freshen up and do my daily morning routine. I then headed down the stairs with my school uniform on when Minah suddenly hugged me from behind. 
 
"Unnie~ later today and we play again? It's been awhile since we were princesses," she said as I picked her up in my arms. 
 
"That sounds fun," I said and kissed her cheeks. "We'll play as soon as I get home."
 
"Okay~! We'll have Woohyun oppa play with us too! He'll be your Prince Charming!" she exclaimed as I giggled. 
 
"Why does it always have to be Woohyun?" I asked while walking into the dining room with her still in my arms. 
 
"Because he's Woohyun," she said blankly. "Besides we can't have Luhan because it'd be wrong to have him be your Prince."
 
"That's understandable, but why can't we just imagine a Prince? I mean can't I imagine my Prince Charming to be Rain or Se7en?" I asked her, but she crossed her arms. 
 
"They have to be real-"
 
"They are real-"
 
"They have to live in this house-"
 
"They do live in this house, they're hanging on my wall-"
 
"Those are posters-"
 
"They're just as real as a human being-"
 
"They don't move at all!" 
 
"I don't want Woohyun as my Prince Charming!"
 
"Why is that?" I heard his voice from behind, making me freeze. 
 
"If only you have accepted it," Minah said shaking her head. "You're in trouble now."
 
I bit my bottom lip and heard my heart pounding against my chest. 
 
"Haneul?" Woohyun's soft voice said, making my heart pound even more. "What are you two talking about with me being your Prince Charming?"
 
"I told her that we should play again and she said yes then I said you're going to be her Prince Charming and she didn't want that," Minah casually said with a straight face. 
 
"Well I can't always be her Prince Charming," he said walking past me to set up the table. 
 
"Why?" Minah asked. "Didn't I tell you that I'd help you?"
 
"Help?" I asked looking at her as she smiled. "Help with what?"
 
"It's nothing Haneul," Woohyun said as I saw his ears grow red. 
 
"I'm going to help Woohyun get his happily ever after with y-"
 
"With you, right Minah?" Woohyun said covering with his hand. She looked up at him and nodded. 
 
"I don't get it," I said as he just smiled. 
 
"You don't need to get it. Why don't you just sit and eat," he said and let go of Minah's mouth. 
 
"Why did you do that?" Minah asked as Woohyun stared at her. "Do you not want happiness? Or is it because you like someone else?"
 
Just hearing that, my heart squeezed remembering yesterday of how he brought me with him to pick out a necklace for his girlfriend. I stared at my plate of food and didn't feel like eating. 
 
"It's not like that at all Minah. This girl I want happiness with will always and only be the one I will like," he said with a smile and looked at me, making my heart pound once again. 
 
Why is he looking this way? I'm so confused, is he talking about his girlfriend?
 
Minah looked at me too and pouted. 
 
"Why can't Woohyun just be your Prince Charming for the day?" she asked.  
 
"It's because he has another girl in his heart that I can't take him away from her, that's why," I said when I realized what I had just said. I rounded my eyes and gasped. "Uhm, what I mean is that well...it'd be wrong to take another prince from another princess don't you think?"
 
"Not when they're in love," Minah said as I looked at Woohyun, who continued to stare at me making me feel cold sweat form on my forehead. 
 
"You know what, I'm not hungry. I'm just gonna go to school and take a bus," I said and walked out of the dining room and out of the house. 
 
Walking to the bus stop, I tapped my cheeks with my hands and took in deep breaths. 
 
"What is with me?" I asked ready to pull my hair out anytime soon. "Does he or does he not have another girl in his heart? Why did he keep on looking at me and what's with Minah helping him out?! What exactly is she helping him with?"
 
I groaned and got to the bus stop just in time for it to come. I got on and headed to school. 
 
Woohyun's POV~
 
"She didn't wear the necklace I got her," I said as I was cleaning up the table with Sungsoo and Minah. 
 
"What necklace?" Minah asked, following me into the kitchen with forks and spoons in her tiny hands. 
 
"I bought her a necklace that was supposed to tell her how I felt," I said setting the dishes in the sink. 
 
"Why don't you just tell her you like her?" Sungsoo asked leaning against the counter. "Luhan has been telling me how frustrated he gets when he tries to make you confess."
 
I chuckled and the faucet, filling the sink up with warm soapy water. 
 
"I can kind of see it when he tells me," I said and began washing the dishes with Minah watching and Sungsoo rinsing. 
 
"I will use my fairy godmother magic and make you two happy," she said throwing her hands up like she was waving her magical wand. "You two will love each other."
 
"She has someone else to love her," I said and smiled. "I just want her to be happy, that's all that really matters to me."
 
"Oppa, you really care about unnie, don't you?" Minah asked as I nodded. 
 
"It's not just her, but you all," I replied and finished washing up the last dishes. 
 
"But-"
 
"Minah," I said, cutting her off. "Go get ready and I'll drop you off at the daycare. I have somewhere to go today."
 
"Okay," she said and dragged herself to her room. I dried my hands off on a rag and sighed. 
 
"Are you seeing your father today?" Sungsoo asked as I nodded. 
 
"I want to give him his gift before he discharges from the hospital tomorrow. I don't want any encounters with the rest of them, so I'll see him today and secretly watch him discharge tomorrow," I said. Sungsoo nodded and patted my shoulder. 
 
"As long as you see him then that's all that matters," he said and left the kitchen. 
 
I went up to Minah's room to check up on her when I past Haneul's room. I don't know why, but I just walked in and went straight to the nightstand where I left the necklace. It was still there, which made me sigh and a bit disappointed that she didn't wear it. I grabbed the necklace and looked at it when I saw the drawer of the nightstand slightly opened. 
 
There was something in it that was shining in the light that had come in from the sun. I opened the drawer and widened my eyes to see what was in it. 
 
"Why does she have my bracelet?"