Chapter 43

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

[A/N]: This is quite a long chapter, just telling you all^^
 
3rd Person POV~
 
Woohyun and Haneul sat on her bed in silence as he played with his bracelet. 
 
"How'd you find out it was me?" she asked while swinging her feet off the bed. 
 
"I don't know. I guess the bracelet told me," he snickered huskily. 
 
"How'd you find the bracelet anyways? It was in my drawer," she stated as he slid the bracelet on his wrist.  
 
"I noticed you didn't wear the necklace I bought so I came in and found it on your nightstand, then I saw the bracelet in the drawer," he said looking at her with a half smile. 
 
"Necklace?" she asked then looked to see the one she had found earlier this morning; the necklace with interlocked hearts. "You bought that for me?"
 
"Yep, when you were walking around the jewelry store I secretly bought it," he said. 
 
"Ahh, I see," she said then scratched her head. "But going back to the topic of the ball, why were you there anyways? What's your relationship with the Nam family?"
 
His heart pounded against his chest and he swallowed hard. 
 
"The Nam family?" he questioned as she nodded. "I have no sort of relationship with them. I was invited by a former owner, so I accompanied him to the party."
 
"Oh, that's why," she said and they sat in silence again. 
 
"Earlier, you said I was the one you fell in love with...is that true?" she asked feeling her heart race just asking the question as his did too. "Did you really fall in love with me?"
 
"It'd be a lie to say I didn't," he softly chuckled. 
 
"So then, you do?" she asked a bit confused. He looked at her and extended his arm up to her face, gently caressing it. 
 
"The necklace I got you will tell you how I feel," he said and grabbed the necklace. He then wrapped it around her neck and clicked it together as her heart was pounding hard. 
 
"Finally, I've found my princess or should I say my Prince Charming?" Woohyun huskily whispered into her ear with a slight smile. 
 
"Don't you think I should be the one to say that, Cinderella?" Haneul softly giggled, looking at him in the eyes. He chuckled and looked down to her ring finger to see the infinite ring. 
 
"Haneul, do you believe in fairy tales?" he softly asked, traveling his eyes up to meet hers. 
 
"Eh? Why the sudden question?" she asked, tilting her head. 
 
"Don't you think this is almost like a fairy tale?" he asked as she didn't know where he was going with it. "Not all fairy tales will have a happy ending."
 
"Oppa, what are you saying?" she asked as he got up from the bed. 
 
"It's nothing," he said and looked down at her. "Go to sleep. You have a long day tomorrow."
 
She nodded and watched him walk towards the door when he stopped at it. 
 
"Goodnight Princess," he said before walking out. 
 
"Goodnight Prince Charming," she whispered and held the hearts in her hands. 
 
Woohyun leaned against her bedroom door on the other side and sighed. 
 
"Myungsoo-ah...I'm sorry, but let me be selfish just this once," he softly said and brushed his fingers over his bracelet. "I've already lost one precious women in my life, I don't want to lose another and let her get away."
 
---THE NEXT DAY---
 
Woohyun woke up early to visit his father before the rest would appear to see him. He stood in front of the hospital holding onto the box, with the watch in it, in his hands before entering the hospital. He headed up to his father's room and turned the door knob, entering to see Myungsoo asleep besides his father. Woohyun smiled a bit and walked up to them. 
 
"You must worry about him a lot," Woohyun softly said, gently ruffling his hair. "Thanks for taking care of him while I was out."
 
"Does that mean you're coming back then?" Myungsoo asked in a raspy morning voice. 
 
"I don't plan on coming back home," Woohyun said as Myungsoo slowly rose up in his seat to rub his eyes. 
 
"Then why thank me for watching him while you were out? Doesn't that mean you're coming back?" Myungsoo asked looking up at him with tired eyes. 
 
"Not necessarily," he said and looked at his father. "He's discharging today, isn't he?"
 
Myungsoo nodded while looking at his father. 
 
"Can you pass this on to him then," Woohyun said, handing him the box. "It's a little gift to abeoji. Tell him I wasn't able to see him discharge today."
 
"Why not?" Myungsoo asked, taking the box from Woohyun. 
 
"I'll be going away for awhile," he replied. "So I won't be seeing you or abeoji for awhile."
 
"Where are you going and for how long?" Myungsoo asked, looking at the box wondering what was in it. 
 
"Somewhere not too far and I don't exactly know how long I'll be gone. Next year probably," he chuckled, but Myungsoo didn't laugh along. 
 
"Why are you leaving? Don't you like it at the Park residence?" Myungsoo asked as Woohyun just smiled at him. 
 
"Are you perhaps worried about me too?" he asked Myungsoo, who immediately shook his head. 
 
"You're a grown man, there's no need to worry about you," Myungsoo answered and looked to face his father. "But I'm worried about how abeoji will react."
 
"He'll be fine, it's not like I'm moving away or anything. I'm going with Sungsoo hyung to his daughter's wedding because I told him I'd accompany him," Woohyun clarified, knowing Myungsoo was thinking he was running away or something. "I don't plan to runaway from the life I'm living now."
 
"Does the Park family know?" Myungsoo asked as Woohyun shook his head. 
 
"I'll tell them today because I know they'll understand," he replied and looked at his father. "Tell him to get better and to stay strong. I'll come back as soon as possible to see him."
 
"I will," Myungsoo said and slightly smiled. That was actually the first time Woohyun has seen him smile. 
 
"I'll be going then," Woohyun said and bowed to Myungsoo before walking out of the room. 
 
"Have a safe trip hyung," Myungsoo softly said and opened up the box to see a gold watch in it with their father's name engraved on it. 
 
Woohyun had returned home before the family had woken up to quickly pack for the little trip. After packing up and hearing the others waking up and walking in the hallway, he dragged his luggage behind him. 
 
"Hyung, where are you going?" Luhan asked coming out from the bathroom while drying his wet hair from his morning shower. 
 
"I'm going with Sungsoo to see his daughter," Woohyun replied with a smile and headed down the stairs to see Sungsoo, Mr. and Mrs. Park at the bottom, talking. 
 
"Since when did you have a daughter?" Mr. Park questioned with a firm tone. "Why didn't you tell us?"
 
"I'm sorry Mr. Park, I should've you all from the start, but I couldn't pull myself together to tell you all," Sungsoo said bowing to the two. 
 
"Even still you should've told us," Mrs. Park said with a soft tone. Sungsoo stood their with his head hanging low. 
 
"You said you were going to see your daughter?" Mr. Park asked as he nodded. "How long will you be gone?"
 
"I don't know, maybe for two weeks," he replied while Mr. and Mrs. Park exchanged looks. "I can come back home sooner."
 
"No, you enjoy your time there and make up for your absence of your daughter's life," Mr. Park said with a warm smile. "Take as long as you'd like there."
 
Sungsoo looked up with bright eyes as Mr. and Mrs. Park smiled at him. Woohyun smiled and walked down the stairs. 
 
"I'll be accompanying him as well because I told him I would. I want to keep my words and go with him," Woohyun said as they all looked up at him. 
 
"Woohyun, what about-"
 
"I took care of my business this morning," he said, cutting Sungsoo off. 
 
"Are you sure you want to go?" Mrs. Park asked as Woohyun nodded. 
 
"I want to go. I'm sorry, but there won't be anyone keeping the house in check," he said with a gentle smile. 
 
"It's fine, this house is clean enough," Mr. Park said when Haneul came down the stairs with her school uniform on. 
 
"What's going on? Oppa, why do you have you suitcase out? Are you going somewhere?" she asked Woohyun, who nodded. "Where are you going?"
 
"I'm tagging along with hyung to see his daughter," he answered. 
 
"Daughter?" she asked as Sungsoo nodded. She then looked at her parents who made a face saying that they'd tell her later about everything. 
 
"When will you come back?" Haneul asked him, feeling her heart squeeze knowing that she had finally found the Woohyun she had been looking for. 
 
"Next year," Woohyun casually replied, making her heart squeeze even more. "I promise you. I'll come back safe and bring you a souvenir."
 
"But-"
 
"Oh~ hyung, I forgot to give you your daughter's gift. I dragged Haneul with me to pick it out for your daughter since I didn't know what she'd like," Woohyun said taking out a box with the necklace inside. 
 
"That's right. I forgot I had you to buy a gift, thank you," Sungsoo smiled and took the box from him. "Thank you Haneul for picking out a beautiful necklace for my daughter."
 
"Yeah, no problem," she answered a bit confused. So that necklace wasn't for Woohyun's girlfriend, but for Sungsoo's daughter? That's a relief.
 
"Are you guys leaving now then?" Mrs. Park asked as Sungsoo and Woohyun nodded. "Should I pack some food?"
 
"No, it's fine. I've also made breakfast, so eat it while it's still hot," Sungsoo said with a smile then bowed. "We'll be going now."
 
He and Woohyun walked to the door when Minah and Luhan walked down the stairs. 
 
"Oppa~!" Minah shouted, running towards him. "Where are you going?!"
 
"Ahh, Minah, I'm going with Sungsoo hyung to visit his daughter," Woohyun said as Minah teared up a bit. 
 
"Are you going for a long time?" she asked Woohyun, who shook his head. 
 
"It won't be long," he replied and kissed her cheek. "I'll come back Princess."
 
She nodded and he looked up at Luhan, who smiled. 
 
"Have a safe trip hyung, both of you," he said and hugged Woohyun and Sungsoo. "I'll miss eating your secret stash of food with Woohyun, Sungsoo hyung."
 
"Aish this kid," Sungsoo chuckled and head locked Luhan. 
 
"Yah! I'm just kidding-"
 
"He's not," Woohyun snickered while they laughed. He then turned his attention to Haneul, who had stayed quiet the whole time. 
 
"I'll miss you," she mouthed with soft eyes, eyes that told him she didn't want him to go. He smiled and walked up to her. 
 
"I didn't give you a hug yet," he said and hugged her, then whispered in her ear, "I'll miss you too Haneul. Oh, and I also noticed your jealousy over the necklace."
 
Her heart raced of embarrassment. 
 
"It's only you that I love Haneul," Woohyun confessed into her ear and released the hug. "Study well in school kid."
 
He patted her head and bowed to her parents before leaving with Sungsoo. She looked at the empty space in front of her and already started to miss him. Next year, huh? Christmas is next week already and the week after that is New Years. Does that mean he'll come back New Year's Day?